News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Initiative to de-mod CorpseGrindRibsClockFace

Farted by Sinister Clock, December 14, 2011, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demod Ribs

ea
9 (100%)
ay
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: December 28, 2011, 10:52:06 PM

Sinister Clock

He does not listen to any criticism and can't deal with the pressure of moderating internet forums it turns out! Also he is angry at everyone who disagrees with him which is everyone and is not really very helpful at all! Apparently since it's either mod or not a mod and no inbetween ground where he listens to criticism and politely responds to it, whether he is going to use it or not, then I guess we'll have to de-mod him.

Also it is like 4AM so please ignore grammar and things because I am very tired and I have a lot more work to do for Uni by tomorrow.

I have not made a poll before so let's hope this works.

AnkhClock

I like the guy even if he is too dumb to not respond to obvious trolls.

zl

Corpsegrinder has been trying relentlessly to improve the forum and uphold the spirit of the place.  There's massive agression towards him that seems to be mostly in the elementary school "I can get a rise out of him" spirit.

Topcatyo

Ribs is one of the only people who actually gets things done in this place.  He even private messaged everybody on the administrative staff a link to this thread asking us to give valid input on it.

When did you guys become so fucking childish?

SockpuppetClock

Quote from: Topcatyo;1880320When did you guys become so fucking childish?
When we were started by a 13 year old lol

Voted no though, it would be sad to see this amount of activity ending

Topcatyo

Quote from: SockpuppetClock;1880323When we were started by a 13 year old lol
zing

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: AnkhClock;1880311I like the guy even if he is too dumb to not respond to obvious trolls.

He's tried not responding, he's tried just banning them, he's tried talking to them calmly, he's tried yelling at them. Nothing works.

WiiClock

he probably edited the polls he should be losing this
HELLO EVERYONE.

miracle fruit

please demod ribs hes the worst mod the clock crew has ever had

miracle fruit

Quote from: RibsClock;1880343Actually Bit said that when he demodded me in '05, true story

i like bitclock

miracle fruit

Sinister Clock

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1880327He's tried not responding, he's tried just banning them, he's tried talking to them calmly, he's tried yelling at them. Nothing works.

I like how everyone who disagrees with Ribs is apparently a troll now.

Quote from: RibsClock;1880316It seems to me that you should typically cite some reasoning other than "he doesn't value my opinion enough!" for demodding, like examples of abusive moderation, double-standards with application to the rules, shirking basic duties, etc.

As always, I've strongly supported a basic democratic process and, if the general populace feels I am unfit to hold my position I shall relinquish it with no regrets: I feel I have been justified in my actions and stayed fairly rigidly within the rules, even to the point where it has been deeply inconvenient or disadvantageous to do so and where I'm sure understanding would have been afforded me if I did not.

I think that the argument to demod me is mostly a petty one that does not take into account the actual situation with our staff, namely one of short-handedness and inactivity, a great deal of the slack of which I am picking up. It's true that if I'm actually being abusive that I should be removed, but I submit that I am not.

I was actually just referring to the fact that is what you said when people told you to change something something. You were all like, "THE CLOCK CROW PUBLIC VOTED FOR ME, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN FUCK OFF AND YOU COULD HAVE VOTED FOR SOMEONE ELSE BUT YOU DIDNT SO VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE" without taking into account what they were saying at all. I'd go look for a quote but I have a two huge deadlines tomorrow and I am a very busy person!!!!

Losperman

Quote from: Topcatyo;1880320When did you guys become so fucking childish?

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1880313Corpsegrinder has been trying relentlessly to improve the forum and uphold the spirit of the place.  There's massive agression towards him that seems to be mostly in the elementary school "I can get a rise out of him" spirit.

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1880327He's tried not responding, he's tried just banning them, he's tried talking to them calmly, he's tried yelling at them. Nothing works.

I think this exposes one of the biggest weaknesses of our democratic system: it becomes, as one might expect, as much about petty personal squabbles as it does legitimate concerns. People band together based on common purposes, even if those purposes are based on inane and childish things. Is it surprising that it seems to be the same group of people that have what appear to be issues that started because of some personal problem or issue they had with someone/something?

No offense to you, Sinister, honestly. I'm talking about a broad swath of topics that have been coming up, and I don't know how involved you are with any general consensus. You've always seemed pretty cool to me, so I'd be kind of surprised to find you among the shit rakers. {{{}}}
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: Losperman;1880395I think this exposes one of the biggest weaknesses of our democratic system: it becomes, as one might expect, as much about petty personal squabbles as it does legitimate concerns. People band together based on common purposes, even if those purposes are based on inane and childish things. Is it surprising that it seems to be the same group of people that have what appear to be issues that started because of some personal problem or issue they had with someone/something?

No offense to you, Sinister, honestly. I'm talking about a broad swath of topics that have been coming up, and I don't know how involved you are with any general consensus. You've always seemed pretty cool to me, so I'd be kind of surprised to find you among the shit rakers. {{{}}}

sinister is the founder, leader and mastermind of the shit rake movement

i love how everyone is acting all surprised by stuff like this because the way i see it this has happened with pretty much every staff

~in sinister we trust~

YoYoClock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1880397i love how everyone is acting all surprised by stuff like this because the way i see it this has happened with pretty much every staff

This is true and I am also surprised about the lack of self-awareness in the crew. Every staff ever has been widely criticised (often focusing on one or two people) for being the worst staff ever by a few loud people. Not to say those loud people don't necessarily have legitimate concerns sometimes, but still, it's like they're fulfilling a prophecy or something.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

miracle fruit

Quote from: YoYoClock;1880400This is true and I am also surprised about the lack of self-awareness in the crew. Every staff ever has been widely criticised (often focusing on one or two people) for being the worst staff ever by a few loud people.

THIS DOES SOUND VERY FAMILIAR

Topcatyo

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1880397i love how everyone is acting all surprised by stuff like this because the way i see it this has happened with pretty much every staff
Quote from: YoYoClock;1880400This is true and I am also surprised about the lack of self-awareness in the crew. Every staff ever has been widely criticised (often focusing on one or two people) for being the worst staff ever by a few loud people. Not to say those loud people don't necessarily have legitimate concerns sometimes, but still, it's like they're fulfilling a prophecy or something.
i know but it's different now because now i'm a staff member
which is a silly thing to say considering i was on the staff when clam was in charge too

AbsintheClock

This is by far the whiniest do-nothing incarnation of the clock crew I've seen yet. Seems the more we add politics to our system, and the more open we try to become the worse things get.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1880408This is by far the whiniest do-nothing incarnation of the clock crew I've seen yet. Seems the more we add politics to our system, and the more open we try to become the worse things get.
People also said this about every iteration of the Clock Crew ever. Maybe we should just destroy the Clock Crew??