Poll

do you accept

ase
8 (100%)
ever
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: December 31, 2011, 11:19:44 AM

Author Topic: initiative to stop banning for questioning a mod decision (banning/gassing)  (Read 2269 times)

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here is the rule you wish to change:

7. Do not contest bans or locked threads on the boards

If a user is banned, or if a thread is locked, deleted, or sent to the Gas Chamber, do not make a thread asking why. If the reason is not apparent in one of these rules, send a private message to a super moderator or admin, or ask them in the AIM Blast chat "cc blast".

This does not constitute a ban on discussing these subjects in their appropriate policy or suggestions threads, but this does not mean that such threads may be created to evade this rule.

If you are banned do not harass staff members or beg to be unbanned. This is not the same as asking politely for clarification on why you were banned, or requesting to be unbanned after a reasonable amount of time. If you feel you have not broken any rules, you may request to have your ban appealed by a staff member.

Do not create an alt to evade a ban. This will result in your ban being lengthened.

Exactly what part of the rule do you wish to change, and to what?
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It\'s fine in here, but I greatly fear you\'ll let in the cold and storm—
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

Losperman

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
initiative to stop banning for questioning a mod decision (banning/gassing)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
Yeah, I don't see the problem with the rule. A PM seems to be the most logical and mature way of questioning an issue. Starting a thread seems like tantrum-throwing or attention-seeking.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Topcatyo

• This is definitely the same avatar as before
  • Official Clock
  • Yup, definitely needed a second one of these
    • Newgrounds: topcatyo
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://dragonswithpompoms.blogspot.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
it already isn't banned.  so now i'm confused
supaflyart.me
supaflyarturo.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/supaflyarturo

miracle fruit

• Global Moderator
  • CCs: 15224
    • Newgrounds: MiracleFruitClock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Good popstin, bro. Props Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://miraclefruitclock.newgrounds.com/flash/
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 12:41:10 AM »
Quote from: clammo;1880859
historically, there was only one other period in the clockcrew where you could be banned for asking "why did you gas that thread"

that was the BITCLOCK era.

here we are 5 years later, where ribs is banning people just for questioning his decision to gas a thread or ban a user.

historically, those threads were simply gassed and nothing else would come of it. bans would only ever be delivered if the threads were reposted to the point of spamming the site.

i am proposing that bans should not be given out for 1 or 2 threads that question a mod decision, and that spam threads be left alone (because they are spam threads so they are obviously not to be taken seriously)

pretty reasonable requests if u ask me!!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »
Pretty sure your administration banned all the time for contesting things clam.

pop-tart

• Administrator
    • Newgrounds: pop-tart
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 02:00:14 AM »
The question is obfuscatory.

pop-tart

• Administrator
    • Newgrounds: pop-tart
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 02:44:11 AM »
Quote from: PEANUTBUTTERCLOCK;1881037
Your being obtuse

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 02:53:45 AM »
Quote from: PEANUTBUTTERCLOCK;1881037
Your being obtuse

your an strawman

Kombucha

• Filth
  • For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 02:55:53 AM »
Quote from: FloundermanClock;1881055
your an strawman

^u

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 03:53:47 AM »
So let me ask this another way:

Typically mods can gas threads for things like "being bad" anyway, and your complaint surrounds ones that broke actual rules.

Furthermore, the people were banned for actual rules they knowingly broke, one of them someone who had been banned for this before and two people for things they had banned people for before.

Does anyone really want to see a "why'd you gas my thread?" thread that can't be gassed every time a thread is gassed?

Because that seems stupid to me.
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

Asshatclock

• Internet dweller
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: asshatclock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 09:08:51 AM »
initiative to stop people from making shit initiatives.

RibsClock

• NOOO
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
hey asshat remember when Clam banned you for making a movie on newgrounds that made fun of him

now he's saying that folks shouldn't be able to ban people for actually breaking a rule that's been around forever

Losperman

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
Quote from: Asshatclock;1881090
initiative to stop people from making shit initiatives.

Signed.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

• I\'m gettin\' lost in the beat!
  • For winning flash of the month Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »
I find it hilarious that it's Triangle Clock contesting unfair bans.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598
Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

AstronautClock

• hodor
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Turn Back The Clock Participant Good popstin, bro. Props Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
maybe a 1 day chillpill would be better than a 4 day ban

Losperman

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
Quote from: AstronautClock;1881124
maybe a 1 day chillpill would be better than a 4 day ban

I think it would depend on the situation. For a newer user who may have read the rules but may have forgotten or is still not fully familiar with them, a chill pill seems adequate. For a user who has been around for a long time and is just doing it to throw a tantrum and draw attention to their cause, I'd say 4 days seems pretty reasonable.

SchnozzberryClock

• An economy package of raunchy dude love
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
Doing it once should warrant a "Hey cut that shit out" and a gas.

Doing it again after that is worth a one or two day chill.

Repeating the offense afterwards for the sake of making yourself out to be an internet martyr should be a three to four day ban.

Topcatyo

• This is definitely the same avatar as before
  • Official Clock
  • Yup, definitely needed a second one of these
    • Newgrounds: topcatyo
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://dragonswithpompoms.blogspot.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »
Quote from: clammo;1881131
and no, ribs was never banned for openly attacking the staff either

that's openly attacking the staff?
supaflyart.me
supaflyarturo.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/supaflyarturo

PirateClock

• My office! Burgled, plundered, purloined! Ha ha ha... loins.
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • http://www.clockcrew.cc/clockopedia/registry/pirateclock
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
Ok so i haven't been around much lately, but i know the clockcrew and i know Cropsegrinder so i think i have an idea what this is about.

I've been here pretty much as long as Corpsegrinder has (what, close to 7 years now?) and every couple of years some jackass thinks it's a good idea to give this guy some sort of power. IT NEVER WORKED. Every time he goes batshit insane because he can't deal with criticism, something he gets allot cause he's terrible at everything he does. It always ends with either him leaving in a hissy fit or getting demodded. Even if you just give this guy grid acces he becomes a huge bitch and starts trowing empty threats around like "delete the drugs forum or i'm leaving" like it would be a huge loss for the clockcrew. Corpsegrinder takes the clockcrew wayyyy to serious, this is his everything. Corpsegrinder is like one of the jailers from Das Experiment, over enforcing the rules and going mental when someone breaks them.

The way i see it, a couple of people here had their shot and royally fucked up, unfortunately all these people seem to get their powers back a couple years later.

Also if i get banned for this may i remind you that the previous people who banned me were MagicClock, BitClock and TreeClock for post similar to this one.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:25:52 PM by PirateClock »
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_