Author Topic: Charter Revision - V. Transparency  (Read 667 times)

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Charter Revision - V. Transparency
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
Per a unanimous vote, Article V of the Charter is changed from:

"V. Transparency.

The Admins, Mods and Supermods shall communicate in a secret forum called “The Grid”, and for every policy-related thread made in the grid, a similar thread should be made in the public policy forum within 1 week of the original post OR preferably the thread should be moved or started in the public forum. All aspects of the operation of the site from a policy and technical standpoint should be open to timely public discussion and dissemination."

TO:

"V. Transparency.

The Admins, Mods and Supermods shall communicate in a private forum called “The Grid”. Voting record on motions carried out in the grid shall be made public prior to elections. Each voting staff member is required to accompany this with a public statement of at least one sentence explaining each vote. Each policy change shall be publicly announced immediately upon adoption."
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It\'s fine in here, but I greatly fear you\'ll let in the cold and storm—
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]

Sinister Clock

• Yo.
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »
Aren't you supposed to let initiatives run for two weeks or whatever?

RibsClock

• NOOO
  • Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:04:45 PM »
Quote from: Sinister Clock;1881226
Aren't you supposed to let initiatives run for two weeks or whatever?

This wasn't an initiative it was a staff motion, and it was put forth on November 18th
[SIGPIC]And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said: "Please close that door.
It\'s fine in here, but I greatly fear you\'ll let in the cold and storm—
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it\'s the first time I\'ve been warm."[/SIGPIC]