News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire

Farted by buttplug, January 19, 2012, 11:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttplug

Has anybody been watching Game of Thrones, of is reading the books? I started reading the series early this fall and am about halfway through the 4th book now. I don't know what I will do when I finish the 5th one, I hope GRRM doesn't take too long to finish Winds Of Winter.

Apparently they finished filming Season 2 (based on book 2, A Clash of Kings). It will start on the 15th.

If you haven't seen the show and have any remote interest in fantasy or political stories, I would highly recommend it. People who are dumb will compare it to lord of the rings because they are dumb, but it is more like a low fantasy political drama.

If you are going to talk about stuff that happens in the show, use spoiler tags and indicate if it is from the show or whichever book.

buttplug

AstronautClock

yeah I love this show! I hope the second will be as great as the first. I havent read the books though. but I'm sure I will someday

buttplug

Just don't make the mistake of skipping the first book because you have seen the show. I read the first book right after seeing the first season and still loved it.

AstronautClock

Quote from: Buttplug;1890339Just don't make the mistake of skipping the first book because you have seen the show. I read the first book right after seeing the first season and still loved it.

I dont think I'll read them for some years to come. I still have lots of other books to read first. but yeah I wont make that mistake

DWARFINATORclock

summary of game of thrones: everyone dies

AstronautClock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1890352summary of game of thrones: everyone dies

atleast they keep it realistic then heh

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1890372atleast they keep it realistic then heh

huehuehuehue

yeah dragons are pretty realistic

buttplug

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1890373huehuehuehue

yeah dragons are pretty realistic

Most of it is low fantasy, like dudes with swords hitting each other. Probably like 1/10th of the chapters in the book have any hint of magical stuff in them.

patriotclock

Quote from: Buttplug;1889907Has anybody been watching Game of Thrones, of is reading the books? I started reading the series early this fall and am about halfway through the 4th book now. I don't know what I will do when I finish the 5th one, I hope GRRM doesn't take too long to finish Winds Of Winter.

Apparently they finished filming Season 2 (based on book 2, A Clash of Kings). It will start on the 15th.

If you haven't seen the show and have any remote interest in fantasy or political stories, I would highly recommend it. People who are dumb will compare it to lord of the rings because they are dumb, but it is more like a low fantasy political drama.

If you are going to talk about stuff that happens in the show, use spoiler tags and indicate if it is from the show or whichever book.

season 2 starts on the first noob

TruncheonClock

Yeah it's quite good, had the books before the show started though, and I recently brought the latest volume of which i'm about a quarter of the way through.
Uh-huh
Surfaces once every so often, As though he's unable to let go of the past

PirateClock

Brace yourself...

Another nerd thread is coming.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

PirateClock

Seriously though Game of Thrones is goddamn awesome. I recommended this show to Greyclock but he is to much of a dick to watch it.

PirateClock

AstronautClock

Quote from: PirateClock;1891269Seriously though Game of Thrones is goddamn awesome. I recommended this show to Greyclock but he is to much of a dick to watch it.

hes missing out

patriotclock

Asshatclock

Started reading the first book a while ago, its quite good, series is also ace.

buttplug

patriotclock

its all about dat robb stark. a king in da north!!!!

buttplug

Quote from: weenie roast;1901288just watched all of season one in 3 days

i wept manly tears over ned :(

I love how they used such a famous actor for him.