News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Anyone a Bicyclist?

Farted by F U Clock, August 03, 2012, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F U Clock

My work friend and I decided to finally bite the bullet and purchase two hybrid bikes (Trek 7.2 FX) for commuting to work. It's about a 9.2 mile ride. We did a test run in Wednesday night at 40 minutes, which was pretty solid, but our first official ride in this morning at 45 minutes (I blame sleepiness + legs being tired from two nights ago).

Anyone else commute or ride a lot? I'm still getting over the fear of being hit by every car on the road (which I feel is legitimate). We're ordering helmets and flashers, so until we get those I'm going to feel a little exposed I guess).

miracle fruit

SirClock

It'll be worth it (especially if the weather is nice where you live).

I actually just got back from the shop because I was an idiot and left my bike outside overnnight and got my rear tire and seat lifted by some ghettoman. It cost me 200$ to get new parts reinstalled :\

But yeah I bike everywhere and have no car, and the city I live in doesn't get much crazy weather (unlike my hometown, Buffalo, where I used to bike in the snow.) I actually prefer it to driving. Much more meditative / relaxing and I get to bike through all the red lights I want. It's a small city (Savannah) so it doesn't cost too much more time to get anywhere.

l1fty

I have a racing bike and a whole set and everything and I've been cycling for quite a while now

I don't use it to ride for work or anything but I just regularly go ride a few hours by myself or with some others.
What I'd really like is to start doing it competitively (on the amateur level) but I don't really have the time for that or anything

This is my bike. At the moment I'm training a lot because next summer I'd like to take part in that amateur race of Tour De France; every year a bunch of recreational cyclists sign up for a program that allows them to ride the parcours of the Tour De France in a somewhat similar amount of days and that's something I wanna do, some day

DWARFINATORclock

i do it but there a bicycle lanes EVERYWHERE here cause basically everyone in the netherlands rides a bike

Deodorant

I should probably get a new bike.

mostly because i cant walk to wendys

AlbinoClock

The bike I have now is shit, but I used to bike a lot before I got my car. We have a bike path that connects a few of the towns and some bike lanes as well, though, so biking is mostly pretty good in this area. There are exceptions, of course.  People ride their bikes like assholes all the time and rarely get killed, though, so it must be fairly safe.