News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Seeking News Project Participants

Farted by PolyhedronClock, August 17, 2012, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyhedronClock

Greetings potential newsroom entrepreneurs. We are going to start a new(ish) flash series on Newgrounds called CLOCK CREW NEWS, or CCN. The idea was originally done by Koala Clock way back in '04, but we seek to bring this back, and create a regular flash series for it.

We are seeking a News Room staff to make this happen. Right now, we are seeking core roles, but depending on how well received this is in the Crew, we may open/split additional roles (opinionated news segments, character designer, head animator,etc).

To join, post which role you'd like to apply for, as well as any experience which would make you qualified for the position. Please do not sign up for a role if you cannot regularly submit your time for this project. Roles will be selected on the 24th-ish
Writer #1 - PatriotClock
Writer #2 - ThorClock[/SIZE]
Animator - PolyhedronClock[/SIZE]
Background Artist - CheeseSteakClock[/SIZE]
Background Artist #2 - Pop-TartClock[/SIZE]
Sound Technician - Topcatyo[/SIZE]
Publisher - ScrewdriverClock[/SIZE]
Storyboard Artist- SinisterClock[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Writers
[/SIZE][/B]
The writers will be expected to find stories and write jokes. They don't have to be clean or accurate, just funny. Not every story has to be relevant to what's going on, but a few of them should be current to what's going on in the crew.

Background Artist
[/B]
The Background Artist will be responsible for creating backgrounds for the series, from where the LIVE ACTION BREAKING NEWS STORIES are taking place, to the grandest of newsroom studio's.

Animator
[/B]
The Animator will be responsible for animating the whole shindig. He(she) will be in charge of making sure that the characters flow smoothly, working with the background artist to avoid clashing characters and backgrounds, and be in charge for making sure the jokes are delivered with proper pacing.

Sound Technician
The Sound Technician will be responsible for creating background music, jingles, and making sure all the sound in the flash is balanced/quality. We don't want to use copyrighted music, everything here should be original.

Publisher
The Publisher will be responsible for making sure the flash is compiled correctly, and adding captions to the finished product. Recent version of flash and backwards compatibility is a must!

patriotclock

i could help write or something, idk i can live up to "funny as hell" standards though

Topcatyo

As I said in the other thread, I'd be down to be a writer and voice actor.  Also I could do Sound Technician, making jingles and whatnots.

Also I'd be down to animate a "special report" every now and then, but I wouldn't be able to animate regularly because of school and irl and all that fun stuff.

CheeseSteakClock

I would like to be a background artist if you guys want.  I've only made two movies though so i guess that's not a lot of experience.  So whatever you decide is cool.

pop-tart

I'd like to be backup background artist to Cheesesteak. I can also voice act.

VuBawlsClock

I could be a writer.
I am good at writing stuff and I have humor.
Fuck anonfrog

PezClock

pop-tart

Quote from: BaseballBatclock;1918223I would like to be a writer.

You haven't even learned how to write posts yet.

Lump Clock

I can write, and be funny-ish, but like Patriot I can't promise it will be funny as hell. I'm good at being witty and clever.

pop-tart

I buried an omelette once because I wanted to grow an eggplant. Waka waka.

Lump Clock

Quote from: pop-tart;1918295I buried an omelette once because I wanted to grow an eggplant. Waka waka.

I love the muppets.

AnkhClock

I would offer my writing skills (only thing I'm good at) but I want to know whether or not this thing is actually going to get off the ground. I've been a part of too many CC projects that have stalled out at the conception phase.

AnkhClock

This is a reference to PROJECT:CHAOS (ask PossumClock about that, we even had our own separate BBS for that) and the thing ClockRadio came up with (We had our own Dropbox account or something? All I remember is that it involved Dwarfinator, Trianlge, and Keltron living in a house).

VCRClock

Whether or not it gets off the ground is just a matter of whether or not there are clear, specific and scheduled production goals, and whether or not there are people who are interested, willing and able to accomplish them.

I think it also helps if you don't turn the project into a big production prematurely.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: VCRClock;1918312Whether or not it gets off the ground is just a matter of whether or not there are clear, specific and scheduled production goals, and whether or not there are people who are interested, willing and able to accomplish them.

I think it also helps if you don't turn the project into a big production prematurely.

Yeah, that's the idea behind keeping it small for now, and not shooting for some mega-large production. Once we get the roles filled, we're going to do a bit of a think tank for brainstorming ideas, and making sure we're aiming for very realistic goals, and eventually establish deadlines for content.

if the first flash or two takes off and does wonders, then we'll working on setting up a bigger project and expand, but for now we're aiming for keeping it small with a goal in sight.

zl

I noticed that in your job descriptions it's unclear who will actually animate the clocks delivering their lines.

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1918383I noticed that in your job descriptions it's unclear who will actually animate the clocks delivering their lines.

It was originally going to be a core role, but I figured it would be cutting it close to keeping the project size from getting to ambitious. I planned on animating it myself, working closely with the background artist to maintain a balance between characters and backgrounds, but if someone's willing to take up the role of it this early in development, then we would gladly accept the help.

gonna go ahead and add the role of animator.

VuBawlsClock

how are you gonna determine who is writer if there is a lot of people wanting it?
Fuck anonfrog

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

screwdriver_clock

I'll publish. I just ask that those who use CS5.5 save their projects as CS 5, otherwise fuck you.