News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Smod Nomination: Flounderman

Farted by pop-tart, September 04, 2012, 12:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Flounder the man?

bsolutely!!
21 (100%)
e kinda creeps me out. I\'m thinkin nah.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 12:22:08 AM

VuBawlsClock

Quote from: Buttplug;1921102I'm guessing because you keep asking for it. It's probably just people showing each other their dicks anyway

I have been to the Grid, and yes, it is nothing but that.
Fuck anonfrog

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

One of the first grid threads I posted in had people ask me for pics of christmas related sex toys and I delivered. Good times. Whats weird is that they're not even hard to find, baby jesus dildos, santa vibrators, all of it is widely available. There's a whole market for novelty buttplugs.

Slurpee

Quote from: Buttplug;1921102I'm guessing because you keep asking for it. It's probably just people showing each other their dicks anyway

I've been saying we should move those threads to a subforum but absinthe won't have it

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Absinthe is just so stingy with dick pics

AnkhClock

Well I used to not ask for it and guess what?????

Still outcast!

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1921112Absinthe is just so stingy with dick pics

he's very camera shy.

patriotclock

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1921094Oh dear, are we doing this? Really Clam? I thought you had calmed down when you got your way after enough tantrums and Corpsegrinder stepped down but it seems you just cant get over all of this. Everyone who ever disagreed with you at any point in history is a shitposter or an anime faggot or whatever. You're so damn confrontational.

And yes it was malicious, you fucked up people's ability to view the site just because you didnt like them and didnt tell anyone you did. So you could try and make them leave. You've bullied members off the site for years and generally stir up shit. Your angry internet tough guy shtick is really getting old dude. And when you say I spread protected information to hurt the site? This was back before I was ever mod and you had scared off half the damn userbase.

Ugh, man, I dont get you. I dont hate you or anything, you're funny sometimes and have made some amusing flash, but I do feel bad for you. You have such trouble socially. I hope it's just on the internet and not in real life. Can we not shit up this thread any further? If by some crazy chance I end up an smod and I turn out to be as shitty as you assume I will be, then you can start a thread to get me impeached. If everybody agrees that I should be, then I wont argue with it. I damn well wont try to fuck up the site at least at the very least.

didnt you give out a password or something for a smod/admin acct?? wasnt this like in march or april? or am i making this up. also we have a thing you uploaded of a staff aim convo or chat or something of that sort

pop-tart

Ok, seems I forgot about the pastebin thing and giving grid access to Vuvu and focused only on his contributions of the past 6 months. It boils down to whether or not you think people learn from past stupidity. Sometimes I think yes... sometimes I think no. Use your vote to speak your opinion.

That being said, the nominations forum is not for rehashing grudges and waging personal attacks towards each other. How this thread went from "I think Flounder might be good to head our Creative Arts initiatives" to "ANTI_CLAM RAHHH RHA" is beyond me. Ask Blob what happens when you act ike you're 5 and disrespect the rules.

VuBawlsClock

I gave myself grid access

User was chilled for this post - i don't like this no not one bit
Fuck anonfrog

patriotclock

yea im gonna prune some of these posts that dont directly relate to floundermans experience and smod credentials as quite frankly thats the only relevant talk in this thread. the next off topic post (following this one) will warrant a ban. thanks for your cooperation

AbsintheClock

To be honest, I was uncertain of my vote when it first came up for obvious reasons already stated. I also think pretty highly of Losper's point that there are some folks already on staff who haven't been totally perfect. I will say, Flounder's activity as an s-mod was pretty shitty. That being said, his leadership quality on Pass The Spam churned out one of the coolest CC collabs ever. As somebody who has made a lot of mistakes to learn from, and the fact that he has proven to be useful makes me think he could be a good super moderator. A word of advice though, you need to channel that shit and run energy. If you just let it spray all over, you're not going to make any friends.

patriotclock

Lets put it this way. I like Flounder and I'm ok with giving second chances to people. I'm sure if he was to be re-elected he'd be capable and most likely wouldn't do shit like that again (presumably). But for him to be elected someone already on our staff would have to lose their spot.

Would I trust a second chance Flounder over a number of other people on the forum? Yes I sure would.

Would I trust him over someone who already has a spot on staff who hasn't had any indiscretions yet? Nope.

And for that reason my votes still a No. I don't see him as an upgrade over people who have shown that they are reliable consistently. Honestly for once we have a pretty decent staff and I'd be wary of voting anyone in over any of them if I wasn't 100% sure they would be an upgrade.

pop-tart

Corpsebrutha.. I did not say that your points of concern were not relevant. The fact that the conversation spun out of control is what is unproductive. Is attacking Clam, who busts his ass for the current staff, somehow winning people over to your POV?

I have made several posts now (as have Abs and Losp) saying that we should recognize when someone admits they fucked up and show a sincere desire to redeem themselves and serve the community. And we did so without slamming Flound, you, Sarez, Clam, myself or anyone else who has been accused of being the wrong fit for shit they did way back back when.

All the aforementioned members have done a fuckton of good for this site... yet it somehow continues to be overshadowed by one or two momentarily lapses of judgement. I have ex gf's that I don't hold so much animosity towards. Let it go, bro.

pop-tart

My first post about not mudslinging was also directed at Clam. Not clear?

I asked one thing and one thing only. Keep the posts productive and civil to respect those that are reading them. I haven't been to too many debates but I don't think name calling is part of the process. Then again, this is Clock Crew baby.

ps I love everybody in this thread.. why cant we all just get along

User was chilled for this post - Why you make me do this?

patriotclock

Quote from: PatriotClock;1921225yea im gonna prune some of these posts that dont directly relate to floundermans experience and smod credentials as quite frankly thats the only relevant talk in this thread. the next off topic post (following this one) will warrant a ban. thanks for your cooperation

*ahem*

AbsintheClock

If anyone else wishes to talk about unrelated past transgressions, please post them here.

clockradioclock

If you don't see or understand how this thread has devolved from flounder-specific posts to our general waywardness of accepting and forgiving past misdeeds: you yourself should be chilled/banned.

Keep from moderating this forum if you don't understand how discussion works. I'm thoroughly disappointed in the smods/admins who have taken action, here.

One of the first objections to flounderman's nomination was his turbulent administrative past. The logical counterpoint is that this objection has not stopped many other promotions before now. The rest of the discussion turned to the validity of one point and its counter. The points of this same discussion need to be considered by those casting their votes, should they want to vote wisely.

Everything is important itt (besides the first few pruned jester's posts I'm seeing).
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

Asshatclock

buttplug

Quote from: PlaneClock;1921271ok, if you want to compare flounderman's past with my own, its only fair that we give him the same leiniency that i have been given with my coding position.

a. he's not allowed to do anything without getting approval from an admin first
b. document everything he does for whatever reason
c. daily backups just incase he goes off and deletes everything
d. not even allowed to ban people or moderate forums

gee that sounds like a really effective use of our super moderators.

im all for forgiving the past, but we're gonna have to be consistent with leashing people for it.

The difference is that he is still up for an Smod position, and you aren't.

Flounderman's actions never even approached what happened during claministration.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Skimmed this thread and talked to Absinthe for a bit. Sorry I didnt pay attention yesterday I had friends over for mario kart grudge matches. Yeah I'm just gonna decline. If by some insane chance I get elected it's just gonna cause a bunch of fighting as this thread demonstrates. The current staff lineup is fine anyways. I dont see what I would do as smod anyways that I cant already do.