News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Wario Land 1 is hard, son

Farted by TequilaClock, March 02, 2013, 06:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TequilaClock

This Tuesday I bought a Chinese cartridge of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 from Bookmans (one of the very best reasons to live in Arizona, mind you) and god damn that game is haaard

okay so it's just like Wario Land 4 and Wario Land Shake It in the aspect of collecting as much money and treasure as possible, that said, it can get very unforgiving.

• Penalization is based on two hits on any power-up, kinda like old Super Mario games. This becomes a big problem because you lose all coins you had so far on the level when you die, and it's way too easy to get hit.
  • When you run out of lives you lose a LOT of your total money saved and a random treasure you collected before. Damn, son.
  • The game offers you checkpoints through the levels, but you got to pay a Big Coin which is created by holding Up-B out of 10 coins you've collected. Strange mechanic imo.
  • Unlike latter entries of the series, some of Wario's moves like the ground pound and tackle are not default and are only available when you are big and when you have the horned helmet.

That said, it's pretty fun. Not as good as Wario Land 4, mind you, but it gets the job done well.

AnkhClock

Why has there never been a Wario Land 5? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Also they ought to release WL4 on the 3DS store.

d u m p y

fuck.
i read "hard on" instead of "hard, son"

thought this thread was gonna be way different

NintendoClock

It can't be that hard. I remember beating it as a child and getting the best ending to boot. Still own it, might pick it up again sometime.

TequilaClock

Quote from: AnkhClock;1941023Why has there never been a Wario Land 5? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Wario Land 4 is better in several aspects, but it's a pretty solid Wario Land

TequilaClock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1941071

Wario Land 4 is better in several aspects, but it's a pretty solid Wario Land

VuBawlsClock

Wario Land 4 was indeedly the best, 3 is 2nd imo
Fuck anonfrog

TequilaClock

Also, I REALLY want to play Virtual Boy Wario Land because it actually looks fantastic, but the red is a massive turn off.

Maybe it actually looks good while playing in an actual Virtual Boy?

NintendoClock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1941075Also, I REALLY want to play Virtual Boy Wario Land because it actually looks fantastic, but the red is a massive turn off.

Maybe it actually looks good while playing in an actual Virtual Boy?

You might be able to emulate it. Not sure though.

The virtual boy is notorious for headaches and neck stiffness. Good luck.

AnkhClock

That reminds me, I'm replaying Wario Land 4 for the first time in ten years. Even though I don't remember a lot it is slowly coming back to me. It's as good as I remember.