News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Ripping from video clip to Flash?

Farted by IvysaurClock, March 03, 2013, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvysaurClock

I want to take a video from Youtube and put it into my Flash, so I can animate over it. Is there a way to do this? How do you guys put videos into your movies?

I used YTD Video Downloader to get the video, and it's currently in .flv and .avi forms. I tried using the Import Video option in Flash, with the "embed video in swf and play in timeline" option, but it just shows as a tiny black box on the screen, and doesn't play.

I am using Windows 8 and Flash 8.

pop-tart

I used to have a converter called "Super" that I used for stuff like this... could convert flv to mpg, avi, wmv, etc

Never could get it to work for Windows 7 though so I got rid of it..

pop-tart

pop-tart

Wait.. that's not the right one... that's why

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

OK, this one is good. Use it

PhantomCatClock

I used to use this great thing for downloading whole youtube videos..
I used to use websites for downloading the whole soundtrack from youtube videos as mp3s..

Then one day, it occurred to me, recording directly from my system's sound (Soundflower and Audacity, works in stereo) and using CamTwist (lets you pick a small section of your screen and make your computer think it's your webcam) to just get the parts I wanted to use anyway was actually way faster and ended up with better quality (well, VIDEO quality was the same) (and the swf was much smaller with this way of getting video, for some reason. It only takes Flash like ten seconds to import anything like this)