News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The "What are you playing?" thread.

Farted by TequilaClock, June 17, 2013, 04:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TequilaClock

Okay so, I just wanna keep things simple here:

• Just talk about what you are currently playing.
  • It can be a new release or something very old, it's fine!
  • Share what you like of it and what you would like to see improved or not
  • This is all to encourage deconstruction and analysis of what has been made and to share interests to others. Kinda like a "show n tell".

Okay so. I have been playing plenty of Dillon's Rolling Western lately.

Developer: Vanpool
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Nintendo 3DS (eShop)
Price: $9.99 USD

I bought it some months ago and I decided to give it a second go yesterday. I am vey hooked again!

It's pretty much a tower defense game with some overworld trekking mechanics that remind me a LOT of when you are going around Hyrule Field on Ocarina of Time. The objective of the game is to defend the settlings from the hoards of rock monsters known as Grocks using turrets, defense barriers and yourself.

The combat also reminds me of top-down Zelda games, most likely Phantom Hourglass. In fact, a lot of the aspects feel reminiscing of 3D Zelda games. I wouldn't be surprised if they were experimenting with some overworlds for Nintendo before making it an IP.

Each town takes about 3 waves of defending against the Grocks and if successful, their spawning dens will collapse.

The mechanics of the game are actually very nice, and the art direction is overall very cool.

The only negative aspects I can think of are that the enemies and some of the gameplay can get a bit repetitive as the missions are very simple, and I wouldn't mind them introducing new enemies or the reason itself of why these Grocks started to appear so suddenly.

Also the sequel Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger came out in April, and they seem to be adding a little bit more content such as new aspects and characters that cooperate with you as well. I really wanna check it out too.

If you are a fan of Westerns and pretty looking games, I say it's worth checking.

PezClock

buttplug

I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4 AE, and a few other random fighting games in GGPO.

I'd play some newer ones too but they haven't come to PC yet. I'm getting Mortal Kombat 9 and King of Fighters XIII when they launch on steam, and Skullgirls is going to be released in beta sometime this month.

AbbaZabaClock

Lets see on my bucket list of games right now.

Currently playing
  • Darksiders
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Almost done with Darksiders, an amazing game. If you take Zelda and let it have sex with Kratos you get this wonderfully developed game.
With UMvC3 Im just polishing up skills cause its been a year since I really played and you never know whos gonna trash talk.

Coming up on my play list:

• Darksiders 2
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Dark Souls
  • Civ 5/Godhand <- Cause of weenie roast
We\'ll be back shortly.

SoBe Clock

For multiplayer I've been playing Starcraft 2 and Super Street Fighter 4 AE

I'm beating Super Metroid and Metroid Prime again.

Next I'm going to beat Alan Wake and Majora's Mask

After that, probably Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube and I'll probably beat Fire Emblem for the GBA again. I haven't played that particular Fire Emblem game in years. I'm planning on beating The Walking Dead as well.