News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

I am ready to take your questions on the ornithology of Shakespeare

Farted by LeekClock, July 11, 2013, 05:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeekClock

I became estranged from the ClockCrew tribe quite a while ago, but recently my ClockCrew-shaped birthmark started glowing and upon answering the call, I

PezClock

Question 1: Will you make a clockday flash?
Question 2: Are you a voice actor?
Question 3: What made you decide to return?

BoomStick Clock

LeekClock

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1954490Question 1: Will you make a clockday flash?
Question 2: Are you a voice actor?
Question 3: What made you decide to return?

1. We find the owl stigmatised at various times as the 'obscure', 'ominous', 'fearful', and 'fatal' 'bird of night'. It's doleful cry pierces the ear of Lady Macbeth while the murder is being done:

'Hark! ââ,¬â€ Peace! It was the owl that shriek'd,
The fatal bellman which gives the stern'st good night.' Macbeth, Act ii. Sc. I.

2. 'Lo here the gentle lark, weary of rest,
From his moist cabinet mounts up on high,
And wakes the morning, from whose silver breast
The sun ariseth in his majesty'. Venus and Adonis

3. A wild hawk is sometimes tamed by watching it night and day, to prevent its sleeping. 'I'll watch him tame.' Othello, Act iii, Sc. 3.

PezClock

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

when laertes is killed by his own poisoned sword, he draw comparison of himself "as a woodcock to mine own springe [...] justly killed with mine own treachery" (Hamlet Act 5, Scene 2);
1) is woodcock a funny word? cite evidence from the text
2) hi leek

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

Schmellements Clawk

John will beat on.

I love you, Leek.  Forever and always.

BilliardBall10

oh thou, i hast been waiting for thine day!
i hast been waiting for countless centuries, eons, eternal sunrises, and eternal moon shines, for thou!
but now thou have returned, and i await our next meeting with bated breath, hoping, asking, seeking, for thou to stay in the clockian-lands, forever.

-billiardiamus, ''an ode to an olde friend'' -pg.42

1.hi leek, welcome back! plz stick around, and stay!
2. will you do flash?

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

clamclock

<(L)>

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

do you think shakespeare could win a fight with a cassowary?

AnkhClock

Does Goethe talk about birds a lot? I know they have a ton of birds in Germany.

P.S. Hi Leek

Slurpee

Quote from: clamclock;1954511post every fart joke shakespeare ever wrote

this thread is about birds, clamclock!

but anyway

• in othello, a clown interrupts some musicians to call butts a wind instrument and tell them the general says to stop playing their shitty music
  • in gentlemen of verona, proteus sends his servant to give his girlfriend a farting dog and he does and the dog farts and they;re all "dude get that farting dog out of here" and the servant goes "whoa are you gonna hit the dog bro? the dog didn't fart, I did. this is a choice dog okay"
  • in the comedy of errors dromio of ephesus basically says "words are farts and I will gladly fart in your face idiot fucker"
  • also it's believed that when hamlet says "buzz buzz" that was the elizabethan equivalent of blowing a raspberry, because hamlet was a giant child

post ur own shakespeare's fart jokes COMES'T THOU HITHER

AMPM

Ey wassup Leek, I'm an old clock, but I'm not really, so lemme ask you
1. Why don't you stick around and make flash and fuckin' be cool
2. What the fuck is the clock crew
3. We wanna submit to youtube and do that whole thing now maybe
4. was shakespear a fart joke gay dude

LeekClock

Quote from: VCRClock;1954495Why is the lark's cabinet moist?

Cymbeline Act ii, Sc. 3:

Hark! hark! the lark at heaven's gate sings,
And Phoebus 'gins arise,
His steeds to water at those springs
On chalic'd flowers that lies;
And winking Mary-buds begin
To ope their golden eyes;
With everything that pretty is.
My lady sweet, arise:
Arise, arise.

Quote from: Slurpee;1954496when laertes is killed by his own poisoned sword, he draw comparison of himself "as a woodcock to mine own springe [...] justly killed with mine own treachery" (Hamlet Act 5, Scene 2);
1) is woodcock a funny word? cite evidence from the text
2) hi leek

1) Yes, woodcock is a very funny word indeed. The woodcock, for some unaccountable reason, was supposed to have no brains, and the name of this bird became a synonym for a fool. It is to this that Claudio alludes when he says:

'Shall I not find a woodcock too?' Much Ado about Nothing, Act v. Sc. 1

LOL!

And:

'O this woodcock! what an ass it is!' Taming of the Shrew, Act i, Sc. 2.

ROFL

2) hi

Quote from: ElementsClock;1954508John will beat on.

I love you, Leek.  Forever and always.

Hello dear. These days I try more to be [the Egyptian sun god] Aton!

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1954510oh thou, i hast been waiting for thine day!
i hast been waiting for countless centuries, eons, eternal sunrises, and eternal moon shines, for thou!
but now thou have returned, and i await our next meeting with bated breath, hoping, asking, seeking, for thou to stay in the clockian-lands, forever.

-billiardiamus, ''an ode to an olde friend'' -pg.42

1.hi leek, welcome back! plz stick around, and stay!
2. will you do flash?

1. An ancient device for getting within shot of wild-fowl was 'the stalking-horse'. Hence the allusion:
'Stalk on, stalk on, the fowl sits.' Much Ado about Nothing, Act ii. Sc. 3

2. 'Why, he stalks up and down like a peacock, a stride and a stand' Trolius and Cressida, Act iii, Sc. 3

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1954512do you think shakespeare could win a fight with a cassowary?

Although he would not be familiar with the bird, I think he would have the upper hand as 'hawking' and game hunting was very much in vogue at the time. That Shakespeare was both a sportsman and a naturalist, there is much evidence to show.

Quote from: AnkhClock;1954513Does Goethe talk about birds a lot? I know they have a ton of birds in Germany.

P.S. Hi Leek

Hello, yes.

BilliardBall10

hello sir.
WHICH character, and what play of shakespear are your favorites?
mine is king leer, mercutio, and hamlet
while my favorites of his plays are cymbeline, and the tempest, to name a few.

also, will thou return in flasheth?
will thou returneth to the clockener crew for good?
-billiardiamus

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Schmellements Clawk

Quote from: LeekClock;1954570Hello dear. These days I try more to be [the Egyptian sun god] Aton!
And so you are, you magnificent person of intelligence you.

YoYoClock

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

SoBe Clock