News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Dynamic text box with Chinese AND English characters?

Farted by F U Clock, August 08, 2013, 10:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F U Clock

So I'm translating a game into several different languages, one of which is Chinese. I've noticed that in a dynamic text box where English characters are included also, they aren't displayed when the .swf is exported. The font is embedded in the document with all characters selected. It seems like whatever language-character is first displayed in the text box, the other language cannot be. For instance, if there are Chinese characters first, then English, the English will not display, and vice-versa. Anybody ever dealt with this, or know what a good fix might be?

PhantomCatClock

Not until I tried to recreate it. It'd put my moonrunes in as little squares, so I had it do the Chinese first (had a little loop alternating every so many frames) and.. same thing.

Finally realized the actual dynamic text box on the Stage had English letters first, so I put the Chinese characters first and "asdf" afterwards. WHAM! It started alternating correctly.

F U Clock

Freakin'... weird. Mine basically adopts whatever is first, so if I put English then Chinese it deletes the English in the entire thing. Chinese first - no English. I solved it actually by just checking the "render text as HTML" button.

PhantomCatClock

Doooo you have Basic Latinâ„¢ embedded too? (yes) ANYWAY after s'more tinkering, the actual default text on the Stage is apparently the culprit. I never lose English, though... But as long as the first letter (even if it's the ONLY letter) of it is in Chinese, both will work for me. I've only tried Arial and Apple Chancery though. Maybe it's the font? asdf guess it doesn't matter, you got it working

AstronautClock

sometimes I wish I kept coding for a hobby so I could partake in these problems. they seem fun to try and solve with a group but I cant help sadly