News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

rocket man vs a space oddity

Farted by miracle fruit, August 17, 2013, 06:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hahe

ocket man
5 (100%)
pace oddity
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

WrenchClock

WrenchClock

AND I THINK MY SPACESHIP KNOWS WHICH WAY TO GO

WrenchClock

TELL MY WIFE I LOVE HER VERY MUCH

AlbinoClock

AlbinoClock

AlbinoClock

Elton John can suck it.

Well I hear.

miracle fruit

hehe lyrics threead lets do queen next!!!

Slurpee

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1957925hehe lyrics threead lets do queen next!!!

can I do one of my giant wordy posts instead because I really think there's room for intertextual critical examination

Slurpee

because, like, where bowie sings about a man leaving planet earth for the mysteries of space and finding some strange thing that changes him radically and instantaneously (in many ways mirroring the film the song is named for), john sings about a man whose journey in to the void is simply a job, who does not seem to encounter anything out of the ordinary, but the experience nevertheless alienates and changes him, though in much subtler ways, perhaps more terrifying for their banality. they both speak of human fears of the great void above us- 1) that there's something out there that we don't understand, ready to tear apart our misconceptions and change our lives and world forever or 2) that there's not.
and that's just the start of it.

Lump Clock

Quote from: Slurpee;1957929-profoundly awesome critical thinking-
Please continue, you have me wrapped around your pinky.

CandleJack

Space oddity was good but the origanl rocket man before shattner face fucked it was a bit better IMO  

on another note.
[video=youtube_share;1Q66pJ2Whm8]http://youtu.be/1Q66pJ2Whm8[/video]
is it just me or did John Denver look like a massive jack ass.
Quote from: Abe Frohman;1545716Clockcrew is like a high school. There\'s a seniority and popularity based pecking order, there\'s clicks, bullies, hall monitors, deans, people you\'ve never heard of, people who you\'ve heard of but don\'t know well, people you know and think are good people, and your friends.