Author Topic: anyone else have this issue?  (Read 2626 times)

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
anyone else have this issue?
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:41:45 PM »
When I'm working in mx2004, if I accidentally drag the tool bar the program crashes.

Honestly it is a good lesson. it teaches you to save frequently but I can't tell you how aggravating it is when you've done 5 hours of work and you forgot to save and the slightest slip of the finger and KABOOM your work is fucked. I've seen it happen on my friends computer too. so is this a broader issue or is it isolated?
Quote from: Abe Frohman;1545716
Clockcrew is like a high school. There\'s a seniority and popularity based pecking order, there\'s clicks, bullies, hall monitors, deans, people you\'ve never heard of, people who you\'ve heard of but don\'t know well, people you know and think are good people, and your friends.

pop-tart

• Administrator
    • Newgrounds: pop-tart
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
It was written for XP so any later OS's could just make the program unstable because Adobe won't write updates for Macromedia programs in the hopes you'll buy their newer crap.

I made that up. Sounds legit tho,rite?

AnkhClock

• Anchovy
  • Official Clock
  • DUCE! DUCE! DUCE!
    • Newgrounds: ankhclock
  • Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month For excellence in the field of excellence Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Turn Back The Clock Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ammat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
MX 2004 is so old that it's no wonder it has trouble on modern machines. I suggest saving up for an upgrade.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »
Quote from: AnkhClock;1958295
MX 2004 is so old that it's no wonder it has trouble on modern machines. I suggest saving up for an upgrade.

i hace cs6 but most people use 8 and mx2004
Clockcrew is like a high school. There\'s a seniority and popularity based pecking order, there\'s clicks, bullies, hall monitors, deans, people you\'ve never heard of, people who you\'ve heard of but don\'t know well, people you know and think are good people, and your friends.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
Quote from: pop-tart;1958294
It was written for XP so any later OS's could just make the program unstable because Adobe won't write updates for Macromedia programs in the hopes you'll buy their newer crap.

it makes a whole lot of god damned sense honestly.

AnkhClock

• Anchovy
  • Official Clock
  • DUCE! DUCE! DUCE!
  • Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month For excellence in the field of excellence Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Turn Back The Clock Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Quote from: CandleJack;1958297

What do you mean by most people? I thought most people used newer versions of Flash.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: AnkhClock;1958304
What do you mean by most people? I thought most people used newer versions of Flash.

according to what ive heard from other members  flash8 and mx2004 are the preferred programs around these parts o.o

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: gaydadbuttfag
  • Clock Day 2010 Participant For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • Flounderman Enterprises LLC
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 04:57:19 PM »
I assume you're on Vista or 7 or 8. You could try running it in compatibility mode. Right click the program, click properties, and go to the compatibility tab and set it to windows xp. Flash 8 works fine on my windows 7 computer even without using compatibility mode, but for some reason it disables windows aero when it's running. Not a huge deal but odd. You should upgrade to flash 8 btw, anything before 8 is obsolete and most people use it so you wont have to worry about people not being compatible. Besides Flash 8 can save as mx2004 and mx. I use CS5.5 myself and it doesnt give me much trouble, I dont know much about CS6 but it's probably decent. CS5 is glitchy as hell though make sure you dont get it by accident, there's a reason they made a .5 version.

AnkhClock

• Anchovy
  • Official Clock
  • DUCE! DUCE! DUCE!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
Quote from: CandleJack;1958307
according to what ive heard from other members  flash8 and mx2004 are the preferred programs around these parts o.o

Are you sure? Because when Clockday came around there were only a few people asking for a Flash 8 version of the preloader, and I don't remember anyone wanting an MX version.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
Quote from: AnkhClock;1958311
Are you sure? Because when Clockday came around there were only a few people asking for a Flash 8 version of the preloader, and I don't remember anyone wanting an MX version.

i will probably jump up to 8 or just use cs5   MX2004 is a good version its still one of the better graphics programs.  your talking to a guy who used photoshop 6.0 up until 2 years ago.

BilliardBall10

• i am billiard ball 10! lol si u
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: chris-the-stick2
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie Good popstin, bro. Props
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
Quote from: pop-tart;1958294

it sounds incredibly true.
very accurate.
Quote from: CandleJack;1958297

DUDE. i used to have flash MX 2002, and it crashed only 2 times, in 5 years of usage.

but if you want the perfect flash program, GET flash 8.
fast, good, and it rarely crashes. (it didnt crashed on me, yet, knock on wood.)

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
Quote from: BilliardBall10;1958354
it sounds incredibly true.
very accurate.

DUDE. i used to have flash MX 2002, and it crashed only 2 times, in 5 years of usage.

but if you want the perfect flash program, GET flash 8.
fast, good, and it rarely crashes. (it didnt crashed on me, yet, knock on wood.)

i will look into 8 thanks BB10 and flounderman

pop-tart

• Administrator
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
Flash 8 has friendliest interface for animating. It doesn't have the 3D or Bone Tool upgrades but who uses those.

If you're not designing or coding.. get back to basics. You can get 8 super cheap.

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
Quote from: pop-tart;1958363
Flash 8 has friendliest interface for animating. It doesn't have the 3D or Bone Tool upgrades but who uses those.

If you're not designing or coding.. get back to basics. You can get 8 super cheap.

like not much money?

pop-tart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »
Quote from: CandleJack;1958364
like free

lalalaa i can't hear u

CandleJack

• Make the world blue
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
Quote from: pop-tart;1958365
lalalaa i can't hear u

i don't know what your talking about crazy person.

BilliardBall10

• i am billiard ball 10! lol si u
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: chris-the-stick2
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie Good popstin, bro. Props
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
you can try to ''buy'' it via a good site.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.