News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

anyone else have this issue?

Farted by CandleJack, August 23, 2013, 02:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandleJack

When I'm working in mx2004, if I accidentally drag the tool bar the program crashes.

Honestly it is a good lesson. it teaches you to save frequently but I can't tell you how aggravating it is when you've done 5 hours of work and you forgot to save and the slightest slip of the finger and KABOOM your work is fucked. I've seen it happen on my friends computer too. so is this a broader issue or is it isolated?
Quote from: Abe Frohman;1545716Clockcrew is like a high school. There\'s a seniority and popularity based pecking order, there\'s clicks, bullies, hall monitors, deans, people you\'ve never heard of, people who you\'ve heard of but don\'t know well, people you know and think are good people, and your friends.

pop-tart

It was written for XP so any later OS's could just make the program unstable because Adobe won't write updates for Macromedia programs in the hopes you'll buy their newer crap.

I made that up. Sounds legit tho,rite?

AnkhClock

MX 2004 is so old that it's no wonder it has trouble on modern machines. I suggest saving up for an upgrade.

CandleJack

Quote from: AnkhClock;1958295MX 2004 is so old that it's no wonder it has trouble on modern machines. I suggest saving up for an upgrade.

i hace cs6 but most people use 8 and mx2004
Quote from: Abe Frohman;1545716Clockcrew is like a high school. There\'s a seniority and popularity based pecking order, there\'s clicks, bullies, hall monitors, deans, people you\'ve never heard of, people who you\'ve heard of but don\'t know well, people you know and think are good people, and your friends.

CandleJack

Quote from: pop-tart;1958294It was written for XP so any later OS's could just make the program unstable because Adobe won't write updates for Macromedia programs in the hopes you'll buy their newer crap.

it makes a whole lot of god damned sense honestly.

AnkhClock

Quote from: CandleJack;1958297i hace cs6 but most people use 8 and mx2004

What do you mean by most people? I thought most people used newer versions of Flash.

CandleJack

Quote from: AnkhClock;1958304What do you mean by most people? I thought most people used newer versions of Flash.

according to what ive heard from other members  flash8 and mx2004 are the preferred programs around these parts o.o

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I assume you're on Vista or 7 or 8. You could try running it in compatibility mode. Right click the program, click properties, and go to the compatibility tab and set it to windows xp. Flash 8 works fine on my windows 7 computer even without using compatibility mode, but for some reason it disables windows aero when it's running. Not a huge deal but odd. You should upgrade to flash 8 btw, anything before 8 is obsolete and most people use it so you wont have to worry about people not being compatible. Besides Flash 8 can save as mx2004 and mx. I use CS5.5 myself and it doesnt give me much trouble, I dont know much about CS6 but it's probably decent. CS5 is glitchy as hell though make sure you dont get it by accident, there's a reason they made a .5 version.

AnkhClock

Quote from: CandleJack;1958307according to what ive heard from other members  flash8 and mx2004 are the preferred programs around these parts o.o

Are you sure? Because when Clockday came around there were only a few people asking for a Flash 8 version of the preloader, and I don't remember anyone wanting an MX version.

CandleJack

Quote from: AnkhClock;1958311Are you sure? Because when Clockday came around there were only a few people asking for a Flash 8 version of the preloader, and I don't remember anyone wanting an MX version.

i will probably jump up to 8 or just use cs5   MX2004 is a good version its still one of the better graphics programs.  your talking to a guy who used photoshop 6.0 up until 2 years ago.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: pop-tart;1958294It was written for XP so any later OS's could just make the program unstable because Adobe won't write updates for Macromedia programs in the hopes you'll buy their newer crap.

it sounds incredibly true.
very accurate.
Quote from: CandleJack;1958297i hace cs6 but most people use 8 and mx2004
DUDE. i used to have flash MX 2002, and it crashed only 2 times, in 5 years of usage.

but if you want the perfect flash program, GET flash 8.
fast, good, and it rarely crashes. (it didnt crashed on me, yet, knock on wood.)

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

CandleJack

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1958354it sounds incredibly true.
very accurate.

DUDE. i used to have flash MX 2002, and it crashed only 2 times, in 5 years of usage.

but if you want the perfect flash program, GET flash 8.
fast, good, and it rarely crashes. (it didnt crashed on me, yet, knock on wood.)

i will look into 8 thanks BB10 and flounderman

pop-tart

Flash 8 has friendliest interface for animating. It doesn't have the 3D or Bone Tool upgrades but who uses those.

If you're not designing or coding.. get back to basics. You can get 8 super cheap.

CandleJack

Quote from: pop-tart;1958363Flash 8 has friendliest interface for animating. It doesn't have the 3D or Bone Tool upgrades but who uses those.

If you're not designing or coding.. get back to basics. You can get 8 super cheap.

like not much money?

pop-tart

Quote from: CandleJack;1958364like free

lalalaa i can't hear u

CandleJack

Quote from: pop-tart;1958365lalalaa i can't hear u

i don't know what your talking about crazy person.

BilliardBall10

you can try to ''buy'' it via a good site.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.