News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Void III

Farted by PolyhedronClock, September 16, 2013, 05:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyhedronClock

THE VOID III

Here's the plan. It's been almost ten years since The Void II was released, and I say it's about damn time we finish it. There has always been people expressing a desire to do so, and while everyone is going to want to help, we're going to approach this in a more traditional sense of a collaboration.

STAGE ONE - WRITING

To start, we're going to need some writers. A small collective of 4-5 writers would seem appropriate, brainstorming idea's off of each other. I'm want to try and get a hold of BlueClock to see if he wants to be involved in this part, seeing how The Void was originally his baby, and he should have a say in the creative process. Don't expect to get the plot complete on the first draft, as not everything will be golden the first time around. Brainstorm, rewrite. Brainstorm, rewrite.

STAGE TWO - STORYBOARDING

After we get a draft that will roughly lay out the groundwork for the movie, we can move on to the next parts. It's very possible the writers will edit the story again, so be ready to change/add anything the plot demands. This part of the process will be about getting a working storyboard of the movie, setting up scenes with good depth and camera angles.

The people involved in this should have some understanding of basic cinematography. This part of the process doesn't need to look great, just convey to the artists what needs to be done. This part might be expanded to have an animatic depending on how quick progress moves along.

STAGE THREE - THE ART

This part will be divided into two parts. We'll need artists for characters and backgrounds. We will want the art direction to be similar to the original voids, in the sense that the characters are shaded simply, and the backgrounds that can use slight gradients. The background artists here should be looking to the storyboard artists concerning setting up depth, camera shots, etc. We want to keep this made in flash, unless specified.

We'll want the two to work closely together, as such that the style doesn't clash too horrendously. Once we have enough of the elements ready, we can move on to the animation bit. Koala volunteered to make some CRAZY SICK 3D EFFECTS!!!! reminiscent of the tank scenes in the Void II, so keep this in mind.

STAGE FOUR - THE ANIMATION

This part is pretty self explanatory, we're going to want the best of the best here. The animators will use the art elements that the Art team has created, while looking to the storyboard for pacing and direction. MORE FILLER ADDING HERE LATER~!!!

STAGE FIVE - MUSIC/SOUNDS

Ideally, we want everything used here to be royalty free. There's plenty of high quality music/sounds out there that we can legally use. If someone wants to make some amazing sounds for this, then by all means throw it at us, and if it's good we'll put it in. The more we use resources specifically created for this the better.

As of right now, we're missing out on details concerning what version of flash, dimensions, etc. Once we start to get people signing up for this, we'll poll the team and get a consensus on what works best for everyone.

AstronautClock

no this is on blueclock

Lump Clock

I actually have 5 parts done of a 7 part pseudo-script I was writing for a VOID III. I will finish it soon, and submit it for criticism/as a skeleton to build off of.

PhantomCatClock

I really liked the ending to The Mystery of Edwin Drood

pop-tart

Lump Clock

Quote from: pop-tart;1960501

DEF needs to be used again.

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1960489no this is on blueclock
Blue stated he intends to never finish The Void III by himself, but has given us his blessing on finishing it for him.

Quote from: Lump Clock;1960498I actually have 5 parts done of a 7 part pseudo-script I was writing for a VOID III. I will finish it soon, and submit it for criticism/as a skeleton to build off of.
:thumbs:

Quote from: pop-tart;1960501

Quote from: Lump Clock;1960504DEF needs to be used again.

Yeah, this song kind of defines The Void. I feel like if we can make a substantial push away from using copyrighted music, we could really advertise the shit out of this movie outside of Newgrounds. This is open to change though, as is everything in this collab.

Lump Clock

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1960519http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/581350

That's more like a side story, it still perpetuates the loop of the VOID timeline.

AstronautClock

Quote from: PolyhedronClock;1960506Blue stated he intends to never finish The Void III by himself, but has given us his blessing on finishing it for him.

oh ok then

patriotclock

We should finish it but I have serious doubts if this is the format to do it

Lump Clock

Quote from: PatriotClock;1960550We should finish it but I have serious doubts if this is the format to do it

Not to instigate, but do you have any ideas on alternative formats?

VCRClock

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with this being The Void III.

Or this if you don't like superfluous dashes.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Lump Clock

I think those are all great interpretations. But the funny thing about incorporating time travel into your story is that as soon as you do, there are an infinite number of alternate timelines you can play with; so even if you officially end the VOID series, it never really "ends" and can be open to interpretation continuously.

Verite

Well.. Could be quite fitting for the third to have "new" faces for this 3rd film.

AstronautClock

Quote from: Lump Clock;1960594Not to instigate, but do you have any ideas on alternative formats?

half life 3

Lump Clock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1960643half life 3

I see what you did there.

ApplishClock

Quote from: VCRClock;1960596I'm probably in the minority, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with this being The Void III.
Quote from: VCRClock;1960596Claaaaassic

ApplishClock

Quote from: VCRClock;1960596I'm probably in the minority, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with this being The Void III.

Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo

Sinister Clock

I'd be up for writing or whatever if you can assemble a crack team of clocks who are good at things.