News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

get rid of the cc's biggest topic

Farted by EnglishClock, December 13, 2013, 08:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnglishClock

it buries and dilutes the activity of the forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slurpee

the forums are inactive in spite of ccbt, not because of it

EnglishClock

it contributes to the lack of content in other parts of the site though

loads of stuff posted in there could easily be it's own thread

but it gets buried
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pop-tart

AstronautClock

Slurpee

you're robbing peter to pay paul. the reason it developed this way is ccbt is a no pressure, toss things out, shoot the shit kind of situation, curated by its own regulars. there isn't an alternative outlet for the kind of posting that goes on in there, where posters are free to go on tangents, fire off the cuff completely, post shit from their personal lives, or just whatever impulse comes. the rest of the forums aren't enough like ccbt to get anything resembling a 1:1 activity transfer by getting rid of it. regular forums are like having lunch with a coworker. ccbt is beer with friends.
alternative suggestion: get rid of everything except ccbt.

pop-tart

Yes but only one of us has the power to test the theories..

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Slurpee

EnglishClock

Quote from: Slurpee;1964497stuff

i get where you're coming from but,

i wouldn't say that the rest of the forums have 'pressure'.. it's the cc for goodness sake. the whole site is like beer with friends to me.

also if you really like that idea you should get in the cc blast chat. at this point it's better than the forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slurpee

I wouldn't make a thread about a .gif I found of stitch's balls, tho. so that .gif I posted of stitch's balls that one time? that would have just gone unposted. no stitch balls at all. and if I wanted to post about bad japanese storytelling cliches in response to a passing mention of a dating sim in a thread making fun of a tumblr convention, I wouldn't, because it's off topic, and then I might never have heard the theme song to crab nicholson's extreme sleep over. ccbt makes the desert bloom.

also I appreciate the offer but I don't like chat rooms. they move fast. I like to put thought into my phrasing. I like to make sure i understood what other people said. I like to respond to old lines of conversation. I like ccbt.

pop-tart

No one's going to delete CCBT because it's beloved. However, there is a lot of really great content in there that could have and should have been sorted into unique threads.

This, for instance, would have been a good thread.

AstronautClock

no one is stopping you from making the thread

pop-tart

Quote from: PEANUTBUTTERCLOCK;1964507we could make this thread the offical new ccbt

I cannot even process anything you say anymore because your avy makes me laugh too hard.

Quote from: AstronautClock;1964506no one is stopping you from making the thread

Of course. The point Eng makes (I think) is that CCBT has become the go to place to shoot the shit and share funny content... which is well and good... but so many treasures get buried beneath the sand because it's just too much sometimes.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: Slurpee;1964502I might never have heard the theme song to crab nicholson's extreme sleep over. ccbt makes the desert bloom.

also I like ccbt.
well, i cant help but agree. ccbt is huge, but it's not the main problem.
our procastination is.

we must recruit new members, and take more part in collabs and stuff.

also: WHAT is a crab nicolson's extr. sleep over?!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

pop-tart

And with that, BB wins the thread.

DWARFINATORclock

the reason cc looks inactive is because the staff deletes all the posts as soon as they are made

pop-tart

DWARFINATORclock

sometimes they just delete half the post or random words