News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Discussion: Flash Flood Five

Farted by pop-tart, January 07, 2014, 12:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pop-tart

I can't think one one good reason why not.... so February will bring us our fourth fifth annual Flash Flood.

I'm certain most users know what this is by now... but in case you hit your head or something: Flash Flood is a marathon conceived by Topcat 4 years ago where Clocks are challenged to create animation daily to "flood' Newgrounds' Portal. Art and audio submissions are also encouraged. In the past we've seen huge efforts by Rob, P-Cat, Abba, Boomstick, and Deodorant.. among many others.

Step one: We need a pre-loader. Anyone interested in taking this up?

Step two: We have posted 'theme days' in the past... simple and often idiotic... in case you are stuck for an idea on a particular day.

I threw a few out here for 2014. Please feel free to jump in.. add to the list or tell me mine sux... so we can fill up the calendar.

1 Flash Flood 2014!
2 Groundhog Day / Super Bowl Flash
3 Warwick Davis Day
7 Flounderman's Naruto Pony Day REDUX
8 Poly's Parable
9 Ivy and Chalk Island Adventure
12 Zombie Lincoln Day
14 Valentines Day
18 Sobe Day III
21 Phantom Cat In The Attic
27 Collab Day
28 Finale

RobClock

I can rework the preloader I made again, see if I can't freshen it up for another year.

It's the fifth flood by the way. we did one in '10, '11', '12, and '13, making this the fifth.

pop-tart

PhantomCatClock

Clock Madden's NFL Overture 1812, Dumpsthursday, Cat History Month, Castles and Clocksâ„¢, feBruary, The Day After PhantomCat's Birthday

PhantomCatClock

What does the Clox say?/remembering bad 2013 memes, Joining The Clock Crew Saved My Life, Rule 34 on your favorite clock character (not yourself come on now what kind of show is this), Adventures in X-Clox Live voice chat, Grand Theft Autobots, Space: The Anal Frontier, Pop-Tart's Toaster (it's a kid's show renowned for its arts and crafts segment), How Did AstronautClock Die?, There In The World is Carmen San Diego, Revenge of the Canadian Admin, OTB: Lifeboat Tales, Jews Are Pretty Okay

PhantomCatClock

And at least one musical flash with your own voice. You're an artist.

patriotclock

What's flash flood without Jeffuary day? Nothing that's what.  Also do looney tunes day I like looney tunes.

RobClock

Rehashed preloader A: http://files.myfrogbag.com/hm3zco/preloader-a.swf
Changed the NG background a bit
- made the 'new submissions' clock gold
- piled SWFs in the water

but the major redux is that i got rid of the text saying the year in favor of a big roman numeral 'V'

compare it to this hypothetical '2014' one: http://files.myfrogbag.com/hm3zco/preloader-b.swf

of course an all new preloader would be pretty spiffy if anybody else wants to make one. But, as is, who prefers which of these two?

PhantomCatClock

If the V was behind the play button I'd adore the first one. Snazzy update, the things look all futuristic and clean after being so used to the other one

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock;1965931If the V was behind the play button I'd adore the first one.

that looks like this: http://files.myfrogbag.com/hm3zco/preloader-a2.swf
better?

pop-tart

I like.

Maybe just shrink down the play button 5% so you can see the whole "V"?

RobClock

Quote from: pop-tart;1965933I like.

Maybe just shrink down the play button 5% so you can see the whole "V"?

Why i didnt think of that, i do not know.

preview: http://files.myfrogbag.com/hm3zco/preloader-a3.swf

AbsintheClock

I suggest Offensive Day and Surrealist Day.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1965937Surrealist Day.

I thought about you when I saw

AstronautClock

RobClock

AbbaZabaClock

Korea day, Mangina Day.

I demand I be added to lobo poro

LOBO POROABBA D:
We\'ll be back shortly.

BilliardBall10

the ''V'' preloader is the best one.

also theme, uhh fencing with bb10?
or jousting day?

uhhh also satty and pop's day?
err action and topcatyo day?

hmm

robotic butt-clock day? (he really exists)
robot day?!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

His Majesty Sir Lobo Poro de Abduph

deodorant, abbazabba, dumpster, me. I thiiiiink that's all the new additions from last year?