News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

music that you thought was cool in middle school

Farted by WobbuffetClock, February 19, 2014, 01:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WobbuffetClock

flash rules everything around me, f.r.e.a.m.??? get the fivens, portal portal spam, y\'all

BinaryClock

[U2]HL_WvOly7mY[/U2]
gimmie gimmie

backgammon b****
BinaryClock, if you wanna play uno type !unohelp to see how to

VCRClock

Quote from: VCRClock on February 21, 2014, 11:28:21 PM
animal collective
hello,

this appears to have been intended as an animal collective diss and an absurdist "haha animal collective didn't exist until I was in high school" post, but it has not aged well

animal collective is deffo regret-tier music for people who earnestly wanted to be hipsters pre-2k10

the actual answer to this question is radiohead
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

ChocolateWaferClock

Idfk middle school lasted two months for me before I got my weak ass pulled out.
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

PhantomCatClock

Not to derail six year old threads but I know what I didn't think was cool in middle school: My Chemical Romance. Solely because the people who listened to it wore black and piercings and stuff and even though they were my friends they weren't my scene so I digimon vs pokemoned it and decided I DID NOT LIKE THEM NOT ONE BIT

listened to Black Parade very recently and who would've thought a band that instantly went platinum thanks to fans that are known for emotions would be so good at sloshing those emotions around. Emotions I don't actually like so I won't listen again but it was a good sound now that I got my head out of my asshatclock

Slurpee

yeah I probably thought I was too cool for mcr too but they kind of own
[u2]g4nhI2BmrfY[/u2]

THE LITTLE CHILDREN RAISE THEIR OPEN FILTHY PALMS LIKE TINY DAGGERS TO THE SKY
AND ALL THE JUVIE HALLS AND RITALIN RATS ASK ANGELS MADE FROM NEON AND FUCKING GARBAGE
SCREAM OUT "WHO WILL SAVE US?"
AND THE SKY OPENED UP

DiscoBallClock

Quote from: Slurpee on December 03, 2019, 12:42:29 AM
yeah I probably thought I was too cool for mcr too but they kind of own
[u2]g4nhI2BmrfY[/u2]

THE LITTLE CHILDREN RAISE THEIR OPEN FILTHY PALMS LIKE TINY DAGGERS TO THE SKY
AND ALL THE JUVIE HALLS AND RITALIN RATS ASK ANGELS MADE FROM NEON AND FUCKING GARBAGE
SCREAM OUT "WHO WILL SAVE US?"
AND THE SKY OPENED UP

I'm bumping this thread to agree with this

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

This was a good song to go out on

[u2]MGZO_teDsIc[/u2]

I hope they don't get back together cause it's a perfect band-breakup song. "I choose defeat, I walk away, and leave this place, the same today".

Slurpee

I can't tell if you're joking but they reunited last october for a small tour

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on September 10, 2020, 09:34:17 PM
I can't tell if you're joking but they reunited last october for a small tour
I don't register it as reuniting in my head when a band doesn't make any new music

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

then again this might be the precursor to new music that will destroy their eternal legacy of that last song making thematic sense

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on September 10, 2020, 09:38:45 PM
I don't register it as reuniting in my head when a band doesn't make any new music

that's a pretty cool way of looking at it and I think I can get behind that. I like the idea of people going their own ways and trying out life for a little bit, then realizing "hey, money is hard and we have a thing that can do that" but still not being creative with people you don't connect with any more

DiscoBallClock

If I'm being honest, if they were to play at a festival on a day I'd attend because of other artists, I'd probably try and check them out

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

pop-tart

DiscoBallClock

oh shit AFI, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

GreyClock

What's that, like ages 10-14 or thereabouts? I can't remember too well. That was before I even got sucked into this hellhole.

I think I was just getting into rock, I remember listening to like Don't Fear the Reaper, Kashmir, House of the Rising Sun & Bobby Brown Goes Down (just those songs, not the respective bands), Limp Bizkit, Wu-Tang and black metal, mainly Immortal.

I skipped through Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water because I forgot most of that album, but it has this dedication in the song "Livin'it up":
"This is dedicated to you Ben Stilla
You are my favorite mothafucka"

Don't think I knew who Ben Stiller was a the time, but that's hilarious(ly lame) retroactively. I probably thought something like "Wow, this Ben Stilla must be some hardcore dude getting namedropped like that." (I was that thirteen-year-old dork with the backwards Yankee cap.)

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: pop-tart on September 11, 2020, 08:57:21 AM
[u2.]1Yzu-4kJg6g[/u2]
Quote from: DiscoBallClock on September 11, 2020, 09:50:25 AM
I fucking loved Sing the Sorrow when I was 13. It's really well put together. Girl's Not Grey is so damn catchy. Remember how stupidly popular Decemberunderground was for a while? Everybody just forgot about their stuff leading to that point, and then everybody forgot about them entirely.

[u2]YDG94dcCFw4[/u2]

They had a thorough understanding of the teenage mind circa 1997-2006.

GreyClock

Quote from: GreyClock on September 11, 2020, 12:55:18 PM
What's that, like ages 10-14 or thereabouts? I can't remember too well. That was before I even got sucked into this hellhole.

I think I was just getting into rock, I remember listening to like Don't Fear the Reaper, Kashmir, House of the Rising Sun & Bobby Brown Goes Down (just those songs, not the respective bands), Limp Bizkit, Wu-Tang and black metal, mainly Immortal.

I skipped through Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water because I forgot most of that album, but it has this dedication in the song "Livin'it up":
"This is dedicated to you Ben Stilla
You are my favorite mothafucka"

Don't think I knew who Ben Stiller was a the time, but that's hilarious(ly lame) retroactively. I probably thought something like "Wow, this Ben Stilla must be some hardcore dude getting namedropped like that." (I was that thirteen-year-old dork with the backwards Yankee cap.)
Could've just come out and said I smoked weed at fourteen...

DiscoBallClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on September 11, 2020, 01:04:49 PM
Quote from: pop-tart on September 11, 2020, 08:57:21 AM
[u2.]1Yzu-4kJg6g[/u2]
Quote from: DiscoBallClock on September 11, 2020, 09:50:25 AM
I fucking loved Sing the Sorrow when I was 13. It's really well put together. Girl's Not Grey is so damn catchy. Remember how stupidly popular Decemberunderground was for a while? Everybody just forgot about their stuff leading to that point, and then everybody forgot about them entirely.

[u2]YDG94dcCFw4[/u2]

They had a thorough understanding of the teenage mind circa 1997-2006.

Yeah, I remember taking a liking to their stuff, it was just the right amount of """""heavy""""" and angsty.

Which also reminds me of

[u2]jRGrNDV2mKc[/u2]

and on a slightly different note,

[u2]onzL0EM1pKY[/u2]

it's funny because nowadays there's a lot of popular trap music that also has angsty and emo lyrics. I guess there's always an audience to (and money to be made off of) teenage melodrama