News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Is anyone interested in CC Academy?

Farted by RenegadeClock, March 16, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenegadeClock

If we started doing Clockcrew Academy again would any of you want to participate? If so, what day and time of the week would work the best for you? (please post your time zone) Thanks bitches!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I'm up for this, I loved the old academy. Evenings are good for me. I'm in the MST timezone, but since it's Arizona we don't have DST. We don't need that shit we have plenty of sun already. You want our sun? Take it I hate it so much.

RobClock

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but i don't know how able I would be to commit to a schedule. :wiebel:

pop-tart

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

pop-tart

Oh, and any time works for me.... p much

RenegadeClock

Ok, great! So there are a few things I'm trying to figure out.  

ââ,¬Â¢ I actually didn't participate in very many of the previous sessions (and it was a long time ago) so I forget exactly how the whole thing was presented and structured. I don't think this is too much of an issue, but just be aware if we start this over again it may be different than before. If anyone wants to make some key points about what works well and what doesn't, then please share.

ââ,¬Â¢ I'd like to host a good portion of the sessions, but I think it would be beneficial to us all if we rotated the job of host, so that we can all learn from each other and create a more diverse curriculum.

ââ,¬Â¢ I would like to broadcast the host's screen during the sessions. There are a lot of services out there for this but if anyone has a suggestion as to what works well that would help. I think it would also be cool if we could record the whole session and upload it to YouTube so that people who could not attend the live session would also be able to view it later and participate. I also think it would be best if we could have a voice chat room, instead of just typing because it's hard to draw and type at the same time.

ââ,¬Â¢ Last thing I can think of at the moment: Is there any particular topic you guys are looking to cover or need help with? What would make this most beneficial to you?

THanks@!amsndbg;lakhg puay98g mla

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

Topcatyo

I participated in so many academies (and still have the art that I did for them), and I have very fond memories. I feel they helped me develop as an artist, although I think that we're all a lot older and wiser and we can make the academy a better resource than it's been. Having graduated with a degree n all that shit and with some prior teaching experience (la ta di da) I would love to offer my hosting expertise every now and then.

I was thinking that we could do it over a Livestream of like whoever's hosting and what they're working on or some shit because then they could offer advice on a person's art or whatever and stream a playlist of creative music. Also, when somebody wants to show what they've got, they can post a link in the livestream and the host could put it up on the screen and people could offer critiques. If we did it over Livestream, we could save up a library of just all the Academies so anyone who missed it could at least see what kind of lessons were taught.

Also just off the top of my head we could get set up a lesson plan starting with croquis and life drawing (obv. we'd have to get images off of like, Google n shit), moving on to doing an old master drawing, then different techniques for shading n all that junk and from there it's really whatever.

My only concern is this: if we do this y'all mawfuckers better show up.
I actually can't promise I'll be showing up at any specific times but if my life isn't going to shit at the moment I will try to set a schedule.

Topcatyo

Having said that I haven't read Renegade's latest post so he's said some of the junk that I just wrote up dere

EvilBeanClock

RenegadeClock

Thanks for the input Topcatyo. I looked at Livestream and it seems like a pretty good solution.

I'm guessing most of you have school or work on the weekdays, and I think most of the previous CCA's were on Saturday (correct me if I'm wrong here). So I'm thinking it will most often be on Saturday, morning time (like 8am or 9am for Pacific coast), Noon for Eastern, Europe will be around late evening, and for the Aussies I think that's like 2am.

I know that not everyone can make that time which is why we should record it, or even do a second, evening session.
If we have a homework system that includes weekly objectives, where people can work on the subject covered during the CCA throughout the week and then post them before the next session.

Topcatyo

I think that sounds like a pretty cool idea. Also, most often my work is during the weekends so I could do weekday classes, like on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays depending on my schedule (which is due to get a little busier soon).

AstronautClock

zl

my schedule is too crazy to commit to anything, but i'd love to attend or host sometimes :)

EnglishClock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BilliardBall10

Quote from: RenegadeClock;1969205If we started doing Clockcrew Academy again would any of you want to participate? If so, what day and time of the week would work the best for you? (please post your time zone) Thanks bitches!

well, i would take part in this, but the best time for me is the time right now. (the forum states it as the  07:12 PM, so i dont knwo what time it is in the USA right now!)
also greek zone.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

pop-tart

This is a good way to not only inspire some artistic activity within the Crew but also lure in some new members by advertising the classes on Newgrounds and stuff.

If we could just get the forum fixed, that is..

Fkkn Myanmar

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Also I wouldn't be able to teach much but I am happy to learn :)
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

BilliardBall10

hmm... yes. if 7:12 is the american time, then for me its a 9:10, i guess? i dunno.
anyways, we should totally advertise the CLOCK CREW ACADEMY lessons, via submiting recruitment flash in the NG portal.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.