News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

I miss 2002-2003 internet.

Farted by NintendrCkolc, October 05, 2014, 12:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendrCkolc

Back when forums were exciting places to go and ASCII signatures were cool as fuck. When newgrounds mattered and we were super active. Everyone had AIM. Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 were the best games ever. BB10 didn't exist. Just that feeling I had every time I got on my computer, I miss that.

RobClock

BilliardBall10

Quote from: Nintendoclock;1976892BB10 didn't exist.
well, i WAS lurking the cc forums on 2003, because i discovered the clock-movies in newgrounds on 2003.
so tough luck, buddy! ;)

Quote from: Nintendoclock;1976892Back when forums were exciting places to go and . When newgrounds mattered and we were super active. I miss that.
thats true tho. i miss those days.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: Deodorant;1976923I was 5 in 2003

deodorant!

where have you been?

you should post more....

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Smegheadclock

Quote from: Deodorant;1976923I was 5 in 2003

Stop stealing my youth!

I think I got my first PC back in 2003. I think I was still on ebaumsworld back then.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
 What have I done with my life?

Clocktopus

Yeah I was addicted to the internet as a kid, it used to be so much fun and there were so many fun gaming websites and shit, each mouse click was more exciting then the next for me. The internet just seemed so much more exciting back then. I do miss that feeling I got going on the computer as an innocent kid discovering new things. The days felt so much longer back then too. Sigh.

Clocktopus

Topcatyo

Yeah those times were pretty tops. I wonder what I would have missed about those times if I spent it going to parties or hanging out with people.

Oh well fuck'em

BilliardBall10

GreyClock

How about late nineties internet? You would go with a bunch of kids to a friend's house whose parents had the only internet connection in town and you would look at 3d South Park characters and a single pixelated thumbnail-sized photograph of a woman in a bikini and you would download trainers for video games that turned out to be undeletable trash instead. Then you'd go outside and beat mounds of mud with sticks in the warm summer sun and your mother was still alive. Late nineties internet was great.

AstronautClock

yeah man taking 2 hours to install diablo 2

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I remember the good old days when it took three hours to download a single 300x250 bmp image of Misty getting fucked by Staryu. Truly 1999 was the pinnacle of internet culture.

BilliardBall10

i also liked 2000 for having NG with the motto (and the rebelious feeling) : ''the problems of the future, today!''
it had the telebubbies, the pico game, (that never had a sequel), the assasin games, the crazy animations....

i mean it was crazy in there. and back then, people did way more celebrity parodies.
nowadays, noone does a solid celeb parody.
(or they are very few, if they do any!)

and then on 2003, i discovered the clock crew, which was basically the best thing ever imo. (not butt-licking, the void, the clock wars(by FU clock) and lord of the clocks was what made me to want to animate flash....
(and radiotube's OTB on 2006, back when i officially became a NG member instead of a lurker.)

also back in 2000, a simple 30 megabytes file (full of sexy models), could take 3 hours to download.
oh man. such an irony.
now 30 megs are nothing.

NintendrCkolc

Windows 98 was awesome too btw. That OS will always hold a special place in my heart. The software and PC games at the time really felt interesting and special. I remember my uncle had a bunch of arcade classics that he emulated on his old windows 98 PC and thats how I became acquainted with classics like galaxian, dig dug, pole position, battle tanks, etc. Most people during that time had AOL which is pretty shit. Netscape was the way to go.

I remember all the old south park websites too. Geocities was fucking everywhere. Yahoo was the big search engine at the time. Ask Jeeves was kinda big back then too. I remember just typing random words and putting .com after it just to see where it would take me.

Mostly though, late 90s was the Pokemon era for me, I was maybe 9-10 at the time. All I wanted was a fucking way to get mew without a god damn gameshark. All the famous rumors stemmed from those websites back in the day (half of em were just geo-cities fansites.) I remember I originally heard the strength push pickup truck near the S.S. Anne off the internet and tried it. God what a pain in the fucking ass it was to pull off and then nothing!

And of course, years later (like 2-3 years ago actually) someone finds a legitimate method to get mew without a gameshark. Fuck you 90s internet.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Pre gamefaqs video game help online was so awful. It was better to just go thumb through the strategy guide at a bookstore or something.

AstronautClock

CaramelAppleClock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1977035use strength on the truck

:v

AstronautClock

Quote from: CaramelAppleClock;1977043:v

it was weird because my friends also heard that you could clone mewtwo by removing the cable before it finished trading and that worked. so we tried most of those crazy fake tricks from the early internet days that obviously didnt work.
like trying to unlock luigi in sm64 by running around the fountain so many times. 2400 times or something? lmao

miracle fruit

i remember doing this glitch where u would end up fighting completely corrupted pokemon and they were all blocky and had a weird name. i dont remember the purpose of it but it was probably for cloning or something

and then i got this thing