News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Does everybody still use flash 8?

Farted by Smegheadclock, October 14, 2014, 04:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smegheadclock

Pretty much since I found out about the clock crew, flash 8 was the most popular version of flash used by people. Pretty much everybody used either flash MX 2004 or flash 8 back in 2007 except me because I was stuck on flash MX - due to having it installed before I even knew about flash. Afterwards I skipped to CS4.

I looked back on elements clock's posts (surprised that he'd actually been on the site) and found that he'd posted a thread which asked everybody which version of flash they used. Flash 8 was the clear victor of that and it was in 2013. Now I've seen that the clockday preloader had compatability issues in the CS series but nobody was complaining about having flash 8 anymore. Is flash 8 outdated now or do people still use it? Also, will newer preloaders still work on flash 8? I recently got flash 8 so I need to know if I'm going to have compatibility issues every clockday again.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
 What have I done with my life?

AbsintheClock

I'd say it's 50/50. Probably still the most popular. If you want to know which version is which, you should look in the site's library which will tell you what version of flash it is. Also, you've been here since 2008, you should probably get rid of that "random noob" user title.

Slurpee

Quote from: Smegheadclock;1977141a thread which asked everybody which version of flash they used. Flash 8 was the clear victor of that and it was in 2013.

http://www.clockcrew.cc/talk/poll.php?pollid=2621&do=showresults
wow what i actually thought you were joking

tbqh i'm kind of shocked you guys can even still run flash 8. the company that made it hasn't even existed for nearly a decade, and there've been seven stable releases since the adobe acquisition.

you're almost certainly going to have compatibility issues, and we'll almost certainly be able to help you work through them
or
you could get cs6? like, if that's on the table, cs6 works fine, you guys. what's the dealio

pop-tart

I prefer Flash 8 because it is a simple interface and arguably the best for straight animation (you def want to upgrade if you want to get into game dev and shit.)

As for your concerns, newer preloaders won't work in Flash 8 but we always make compatible versions.

Smegheadclock

Quote from: pop-tart;1977145I prefer Flash 8 because it is a simple interface and arguably the best for straight animation (you def want to upgrade if you want to get into game dev and shit.)

As for your concerns, newer preloaders won't work in Flash 8 but we always make compatible versions.

I'll probably use unity for game dev seeing an NG accepts it now and I'll be using it in my university course anyway. As long as we still get compatible versions of preloaders, I should be fine.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
 What have I done with my life?

MelloYelloClock

I used to use MX 2004 then went to 8, then stuck with CS3. Which is the one I use now, but it's starting to get buggy (laggy, freezing, crashing etc).
NEW FLASH -> KING OF THE PORTAL 2

:this: CLICK THIS

RenegadeClock

I use whatever is the latest release, but I do keep a copy of CS6 on hand, because they dropped support for AS2 in the CC versions.

patriotclock

AstronautClock

PhantomCatClock

I wish I could still run it. CS3's buggy for me, and I'm not super in love with how docked panels don't stay open when you click something else/switch programs, but it's home.

miracle fruit

Quote from: Slurpee;1977143http://www.clockcrew.cc/talk/poll.php?pollid=2621&do=showresults
wow what i actually thought you were joking

tbqh i'm kind of shocked you guys can even still run flash 8. the company that made it hasn't even existed for nearly a decade, and there've been seven stable releases since the adobe acquisition.

you're almost certainly going to have compatibility issues, and we'll almost certainly be able to help you work through them
or
you could get cs6? like, if that's on the table, cs6 works fine, you guys. what's the dealio

RobClock

I've never seen a reason why updating was necessary beyond the fact that others kept getting the new versions and the file compatibility for collabs can be an issue. The interface for Flash 8 is straight forward and works perfectly well for everything i desire. It's not like the Adobe versions don't crash on you the same way Flash 8 does.

BilliardBall10

i used to have flash MX, and it was awesome and i used it alot, (see my early flash movies), UNTIL i saw flash 8 in a trial, and got it.
flash 8 is much better, and (knock on wood) rarely crashes.

yep. flash 8 rocks!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

AstronautClock

flash 8 uses less computer resources and it doesnt crash as much as adobe products

AstronautClock

and its better get rekt slurpee B)

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I skipped straight from Flash MX2004 (flash 7) to flash cs3, and later CS5.5. I didn't bother with the Flash 8 upgrade at the time cause all it added really was filters, and after getting tabbed browsing in the MX to MX2004 update I was already satisfied with flash. I didn't install Flash 8 and play around with it until last year.

GreyClock

I use Flash 5 like all the professionals. In fact I've installed it on various computers from the same .RAR since 2003. I now realize that the install on this computer will unfortunately be the last because I broke the CD I burnt it on. I do sometimes use Flash 8 when I want to add video or some sort of filter, but I will always make the entire thing in Flash 5 first and then do that stuff last.

YoYoClock

flash 8 is the easiest to legally acquire from the internet.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.