News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

i'm glad we havent had a gamersgate thread because it would probably be bad but now im gonna ruin it

Farted by Slurpee, October 21, 2014, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

wat do u think of the gamersgate? i think it's dumb, if u like it you are basically guided by ur own butthurt and are only owning yourself.

too much truth for you? come at me bruhttttt

Deodorant

can someone explain what gamergate is? i watched a video or two and i thought i understood but then i read the tweets and holy fuck.. everyone is sarcastic or ironic or both and i don't know what to believe anymore

Slurpee

Quote from: Deodorant;1977394can someone explain what gamergate is? i watched a video or two and i thought i understood but then i read the tweets and holy fuck.. everyone is sarcastic or ironic or both and i don't know what to believe anymore

MelloYelloClock

NEW FLASH -> KING OF THE PORTAL 2

:this: CLICK THIS

RobClock

I was disappointed when i found out that the Quinn lady was doing the dirty with the guys who gave her game glowing review. That's underhanded bullshit and you deserve to have a mark against you for it, because it's something you can directly profit off of. Then it turned into angry 12 year olds on tumblr screaming about how everyone who disagreed with them was scum. On both sides.

but i guess that's the internet, eh

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock;1977400I was disappointed when i found out that the Quinn lady was doing the dirty with the guys who gave her game glowing review.

except she didn't and that's made up and didn't happen and is bullshit

Losperman

Quote from: RobClock;1977400I was disappointed when i found out that the Quinn lady was doing the dirty with the guys who gave her game glowing review. That's underhanded bullshit and you deserve to have a mark against you for it, because it's something you can directly profit off of. Then it turned into angry 12 year olds on tumblr screaming about how everyone who disagreed with them was scum. On both sides.

but i guess that's the internet, eh

Maybe I'm misinformed, but I'm fairly certain he never reviewed her game.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Losperman

Quote from: Slurpee;1977401except she didn't and that's made up and didn't happen and is bullshit

Yeah that.

Smegheadclock

I remain neutral on this topic. I haven't found enough non-biased information about the subject so I really don't know anything about it.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
 What have I done with my life?

NintendrCkolc

As someone whose been involved on the pro GG side of things since it started (early to mid august) I think there's a lot of people who simply just don't understand all the different cogs that are turning within this controversy. GG is MOSTLY about ethics in journalism. Sites such as Kotaku, Polygon,  Destructoid and a few others consistently have been writing articles that, in my mind, contribute nothing valuable to my favorite hobby. Articles telling gamers that theyre misogynistic and how we should hate ourselves because games like Bayonetta, for example, create an image of an overly sexualized female. This is just one of the many issues of this debate that, unfortunately, seems to be dominating the discussion. In fact, just recently, Polygon lambasted Bayonetta 2, a game that has otherwise received universal critical acclaim for it's stellar gameplay, simply because the protagonist isn't depicted in what they deem to be a positive image for women.

These sites also all posted an article, on the same day, blasting gamer culture as being dead and full of manchildren incapable of critical thought simply because a lot of us don't buy into this agenda driven bullshit about how our games need to be held to a higher standard and be more politically correct because certain groups of people are offended. What's worse is that most of these groups don't even give a shit about video games to begin with and are simply trying to further their own personal goals and agenda.  

You also have individuals such as Anita Sarkeesian (SP?) and Zoe Quinn whose minority voice is effecting development on games that I otherwise love. Divinity: Original Sin is a prime example. There's a blog post by one of the developers out there who essentially was harassed because some female models had a breast plate as an armor that showed too much cleavage. Anita was also brought onto the development of Mirrors Edge 2 and  helped effectively casualze the game because she thought female gamers would have a hard time with the controls. It's shit like this that drives me crazy and frankly lands me on the side of pro-gg. Keep your ideology and personal agenda out of my video games.

There are of course shitty people on both sides. GG isn't just concerned with things that relate strictly with women in video games. On the contrary, it's a movement that is supposed to be focused strictly around ethics in journalism. Did Zoe receive a positive review for her indie "game"? No. But did she recieve favorable press coverage by Nathan Grayson at Kotaku around the same time that their relationship started? Yes.

I can go on and on. There are plenty of videos out there for those of you who are lost. Internet Aristocrat, Sargon of Akkad, King of Pol etc etc all have really great stuff onYoutube for those of you who might be interested.

NintendrCkolc

Probably the best video from when the movement originally started. It's long so if you don't have the time, just skip to 18:30. The best points are made from that point foward.

Losperman

NintendrCkolc

Slurpee

Quote from: Nintendoclock;1977405As someone whose been involved on the pro GG side of things since it started

what a surprise

NintendrCkolc

You have no idea what you're even talking about do you? Judging from that comic, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Slurpee

NintendrCkolc