News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Do people still use flash?

Farted by BBQBEEFBURGERMAN, December 05, 2014, 09:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQBEEFBURGERMAN

Or is it already obsolete? If so, what are people using now?

BBQBEEFBURGERMAN

Technology moves too fast for me.

VuBawlsClock

people have moved onto paint and wmm
Fuck anonfrog

BBQBEEFBURGERMAN

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1979281people have moved onto paint and wmm
Ah good. I love wmm.

RobClock

it's called Flash 8 Professional because all the pros use it to this very day

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: RobClock;1979284it's called Flash 8 Professional because all the pros use it to this very day

MelloYelloClock

NEW FLASH -> KING OF THE PORTAL 2

:this: CLICK THIS

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Flash is dying in web applications but more and more commonly used in tv animation. It's kinda funny how a lot of the studios use Flash 8 too. Probably way cheaper that way. I remember Ribs bought Flash 8 legally and it was maybe 40-50 bucks, compared to multiple hundreds for whatever the current adobe version is.

RobClock

Adobe makes you pay a subscription fee to use the 'Create Suite' service, so you can't even properly buy Flash anymore.

pop-tart

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1979287Flash is dying in web applications but more and more commonly used in tv animation. It's kinda funny how a lot of the studios use Flash 8 too.
:this:

SWF is less popular due to Adobe caring less about security updates and Apple's refusal to support the format but it can be easily converted to other mediums now after your animation is complete.

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: MelloYelloClock;1979286Thats scary as fuck poly

patriotclock

all the good clocks still use it

RenegadeClock

I only use Flash for Clockcrew stuff. For work I mostly use After Effects.

miracle fruit

Kodiakclock

Quote from: YoYoClock;1903849
KodiakClock - Super Butt

Yomuchan

I use Flash MX 2004 for random scribbles/quick animations and Flash CS4 for major projects.

And nah, I don't think Flash is dead... yet.

Slurpee

as an animation software it's probably going to long outlive its use as a public content format

like betamax

BBQBEEFBURGERMAN

Ah, thats kinda what i figured.

Time to fire up the old flash then i guess!

:bbqbeef:

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: pop-tart;1979289but it can be easily converted to other mediums now after your animation is complete.

I remember when this was impossible to do without really bad compression and probably an obnoxious watermark from whatever program you used.

PhantomCatClock

If you miss that, you can enable a custom watermark in Swivel and make it the tank logo