News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE: OFFICIAL CLOCK CREW CLOCKDAY 2015 COLLAB

Farted by patriotclock, January 14, 2015, 09:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patriotclock

This year for Clock Day we have decided to attempt our largest and most ambitious collaboration to date, the Choose Your Own Adventure collab. Pop first proposed the idea in December 2013 and we have discussed it off and on since. Here's an excerpt from Pop's original proposal which gives you the gist of how the collab will work.

QuoteAn opening scene would present you with two paths to take. Links would lead to separate scenes. Those two scenes will end in additional options.. and so on and so forth. The movie will have over a dozen different endings dependent upon how you got to the end.

Renegade made a map that nicely sums up the paths the movie will take.

INTERACTIVE MAP with Updates

Clearly, with a collab this large we will need people to animate multiple scenes. Once you are finished a scene you may request an additional scene. We will be assigning scenes to you in the order we need them. This will hopefully keep the collab manageable and moving forward, as multiple people can work concurrently. Due to the large amount of parts required, we have decided to restrict scenes to a time limit of around 15-30 seconds each. We may make some exceptions to the time limit if you're assigned to a final scene way down the line. If your scene is a red circle then make your movie an ending (this doesn't necessarily mean that characters have to die, it just has to be a conclusion).

We're still hammering out minor nuances, but if you're interested in participating you may sign up in this thread (obv) or feel free to ask any questions and we can start handing out scenes soon.

RULES:

1) Keep your movie in a movie clip.
2) At the first frame of your movie add the following to the frame: _root.stop();
3) If your movie has multiple choices of where to go at the end: add buttons for each choice. We will add in the Actionscript for the buttons! If your movie is a dead end then you don't need to add anything else.
4) Make sure you rename all your symbols. Add your name (ex. STRAWBERRY_chair) to your symbol to keep things clean. Also put all the symbols you make in a folder with your name on it.
5) Try and keep your movie between 15 seconds to 30.
6) SET ALL SOUNDS TO STREAM. SERIOUSLY. LEAVING IT AS EVENT WILL HAVE REALLY BAD CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU
7) 3 days to finish your part (or at least a damn good work in progress). Use your time wisely.
8) If you are going to drop out, do it before your part is up.
9) You may only be signed up for one part at a time, once you finish a part you may request another one.

SPECS:

24fps
896x504

If you use AS for whatever reason, make sure it's AS2. Also try to stay away from using an AS camera.
If you're using a CS version, when creating the file, make sure it's AS2 compatible link.
If you're using a specialized font, break it down (ctrl+b).

Participants[/u]

Intro + 1. Renegade Done

2. Pop-Tart Done

Branch 2

7. Magicfruit Done

14. Yomuchan Done
         13. GodClock Done

12.Screwdriver End
            21. Mentos

30. End

47.End
                  48. End

32. End

49. End

59.End

62.End

66.End
                           67.Grand Finale   

Branch 3

8. Durian Done

15. Rubber Dildo Done
         16. Vuvuzela Done

23. Patriot

34.End
               35.End

24. PopTart Done

37.MelloYello Done

51.End
                  52.Grand Finale

3. Mentos Done

Branch 1

6. Patriot Done

20. BB10 Done
         19. Ankh Done

28. Strawberry

42.End
               43.End

29. Tropzilla Done

44.End

57.End
                  46.Grand Finale

Branch 4

11. Polyhedron Done

18. Phantomcat End
         17. Astronaut

25. MellloYello

39. MagicFruit End
               38. Truffle

53.End
                  54.End

26. RubberDildo

27.End
               40.End

55.End

61.End

64.End

68.End
                           69.Grand Finale

Easter Egg

9.End
   10.End

Sudden Death

5. End

VuBawlsClock

Oh fuck yes, I am def. contributing to this. I forgot this was a thing.
sign me up scotty
Fuck anonfrog

AnkhClock

Haha holy shit, this sounds insane. I'm all in.

I call part 13, as is my custom.

miracle fruit

Quote from: AnkhClock;1980403Haha holy shit, this sounds insane. I'm all in.

I call part 13, as is my custom.

you dont get to pick and choose parts. you get what we give you and u better damn well like it sonny

DurianClock

PhantomCatClock

pop-tart

Like Jeff said, we are still etching out how we're executing this. For example, we may create additional sub-threads for each branch so it is easier to follow each story line that leads to the part you're making.

We are also trying to find a balance where the story stays on a coherent course yet artists still have freedom.

We considered assembling a group of writers.
Then we discussed just treating it as a pass the flash.
Then we thought something in the middle like retroscripting with the two end choices being preset by the organizers.
What are everyone's thoughts?

patriotclock

Me and Ren were talking about it yesterday and we leaned towards PTF style. Writers are lame and so is telling people how they have to animate imvho

RenegadeClock

If this were a three or four person collab, having writers and retroscripting makes sense, but for this I think PTF is gonna be more fun.

PhantomCatClock

PTF sounds grand, yes, but make sure you touch base in a centralized thread here and there (or at least before starting your part) so you don't make your branch similar to another one

GodClock

Sw@g
Quote from: Kodiakclock;1893997godclock probably now that I think about it. We could bro it out he could learn me how to surf and then we cruise bro our way out of there into brosville

patriotclock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock;1980427PTF sounds grand, yes, but make sure you touch base in a centralized thread here and there (or at least before starting your part) so you don't make your branch similar to another one

yea  my only concern was having multiple parts end with similar choices, we don't need 10 scenes that end with get in the submarine or the helicopter?

miracle fruit

Quote from: PatriotClock;1980429yea  my only concern was having multiple parts end with similar choices, we don't need 10 scenes that end with get in the submarine or the helicopter?

communication is going to have to be huge for this one. since several people will be making their parts simultaneously, you should probably get in blast and/or keep in touch with those people so you don't end up doing the same thing as them. if you don't do this, and end up turning in something that is too similar to another part, you should be rejected and asked to redo or fix your part

also i think one person should make the choice buttons so they're uniform

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

BilliardBall10

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

AnkhClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock;1980427PTF sounds grand, yes, but make sure you touch base in a centralized thread here and there (or at least before starting your part) so you don't make your branch similar to another one

Quote from: Illegal string offset 'name';1980431communication is going to have to be huge for this one. since several people will be making their parts simultaneously, you should probably get in blast and/or keep in touch with those people so you don't end up doing the same thing as them. if you don't do this, and end up turning in something that is too similar to another part, you should be rejected and asked to redo or fix your part

also i think one person should make the choice buttons so they're uniform

Agreeing with this.

patriotclock

Tell your friends and have them tell their friends. I want a lot of dope clocks who do dope shit in on this. Someone get orange clock to do a part

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

Yomuchan