News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Warcraff Movie Hype (Again, again)

Farted by PhantomCatClock, March 24, 2015, 12:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

They also announced a graphic novel tie-in with the movie and I've only seen one page of it but I am also hyped for that. This hype is fueled by pure fanboyism at this point because all other sources of hype have started to dry out.

RobClock

Yeah that Orc poster looks like shit. If that's supposed to be Durotan I'm very worried.

On the other hand that VR thing of the gryphon flying over Stormwind was gorgeous.

PhantomCatClock

Could you imagine if both the poster and the statues were accurate and Durotan looked like an apeman while Orgrim looked like a giant ripped Warcraft orc in the actual movie?

PhantomCatClock

So there was a trailer? Anyway, now it's November. https://twitter.com/manmademoon/status/620048261722669056

This is what happens when you make a movie for the company that nearly completed StarCraft 2 before announcing they were working on StarCraft 2.

Edit: Though these fine folks caught the Medivh scene that Perculia talked about.

RobClock

yeah, big surprise, they're holding it until Blizzcon so they can use it to generate hype opposite WoW, SC, and D3- none of which are doing particularly hot these days with their core audiences.

also I cannot fucking believe that we're doing a First War movie and they still managed to not only include Thrall, but PUT HIM IN THE FUCKING TRAILER.

PhantomCatClock

Where'd you hear that? (And I remember someone in the Wowhead comments saying they were miffed that they gave someone--Durotan?--blue eyes. Sure you weren't seeing him?)

BilliardBall10

i bet rob-clock had an orgasm about this thread

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

Shut up with your fucking inactive thread warning. This is a clock crew forum. Someone bring me VCR's computer, I'm going to destroy this software trying to remove that.

PhantomCatClock

oh wait i was going to say something about warcraft

oh well

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 25, 2016, 01:07:51 AM
Shut up with your fucking inactive thread warning. This is a clock crew forum. Someone bring me VCR's computer, I'm going to destroy this software trying to remove that.

your fucking inactive thread warning has been shut up

long live vcrclock
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

BilliardBall10

long live VCR, our great forum overlord! :D
(seriously sir, thank you)

also
wow, i bet that warcraft will be a huge success.

which makes me think...

why noone did a halo movie (yet)?
i mean yes, some people did some short halo-themed movies, but why not making a long, 2-hour movie with masterchief beating the crap out of aliens, talking with cortana and chilling with the arbiter?
i have heard 3-4 years ago that peter jackson was going to direct a halo movie.
it would be profitable, thats for sure.

i liked the deadpool movie trailer BTW. awesome stuff.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

from what I've seen from the trailers, this is going to be the most visually impressive B-movie ever made, but I'm still hyped as fuck

RobClock

Anybody still give a shit about this whole thing?

Every trailer has made the movie look more generic and shitty than the last and all positivity I had for the project died months ago. Early reviews are starting to roll out and it's looking none-too-good.

But on another note, Blizzard posted the OST on twitter. https://soundcloud.com/backlotmusic/sets/warcraft-soundtrack-ramin-djawadi
Started listening to it and I'm a little disappointed there's no game-theme reprises thusfar, but then I shouldn't criticize them for not-recycling shit.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 25, 2016, 09:48:36 PM
from what I've seen from the trailers, this is going to be the most visually impressive B-movie ever made, but I'm still hyped as fuck

I stand by this. I usually watch movies in theatres twice--once with a purely critical eye to see whether or not I think it's good, and once again to see if I actually like it/rewatch with the intent of enjoying it. Liking something can get in the way of deciding if it's good or not, y'know.

This movie, though. I know it's going to be bad. Going to dive straight in with the 'do I like it?' phase. That said, I'm a little excited to have a slough of new players invading WoW. Wish it was closer to Legion.

PolyhedronClock

anyone see it yet? i'm a huge warcraft nerd, but from what i've seen on rotten tomatoes is a score of 21%

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

So far my predictions have been correct: reviews say it sucks, box office income say people are watching it over and over anyway. I will be one of those people.

Also, since there's no WoW thread, is transmogging just going to be a tab like mounts and pets and toys? Jesus Christ, what useless shit are they going to put on my yak this time, a digital clock?