News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Warcraff Movie Hype (Again, again)

Farted by PhantomCatClock, March 24, 2015, 12:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

update: haha well maybe it's not doing that hot in the box office

miracle fruit

duncan jones is a good director what happened :(

PhantomCatClock

So comic book nerds will froth about the stories being different, but I remember when the leaked trailer footage came out for this, the Warcraft nerds were mad that Orgrim's armor wasn't black and like, wow, wait until you guys see the inevitable story differences. Plus he didn't stand a chance, even if the movie was great: people have been waiting eleven years for this.

BilliardBall10

most of my irl friends and acquaintances are (or used to be) big fans of WoW/dotta/online multiplayer stuff by blizzard, so they are excited as hell about this movie, while i stand in silence, shocked.

is WoW that good? i mean, i've played 1 game and it was OK... but im not a big fan.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

you really dont warm up to wow until your second game but remember winning isnt everything

RobClock

Holy shit the movie is bad. With all my tempered expectations, with all the bullshit retcons I was willing to let slide, the ending of the movie still managed to be a massive fucking insult.

Even just from the film-making perspective, it's a disaster. They say the studio cut 40 minutes of screentime and it fucking shows. Within the first five minutes you start on Draenor, have the dark portal open, move to the black morass, cut to ironforge, cut to stormwind, cut to goldshire- it has no room to breathe, you're left struggling to keep up with what's even happening. The acting is horrible as well. Travis Fimmel, in particular, can't seem decide on an accent for his role.

Please don't pay money to see this.

PhantomCatClock

but Rob, I saw a new commercial for it and Gul'dan looks amazing. Durotan still looks like someone tried to use ape shit as clay to make another ape out of it, and what the fuck retcons you already retconned the entire first war in WoW

where I was going with that is I still need to see it. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to

but I need to.

PezClock

PhantomCatClock

I am a little disappointed in how much I liked it. I was expecting to hate it. It was not a good movie, but I liked it. THAT SAID,
Quote from: RobClock on June 08, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
They say the studio cut 40 minutes of screentime and it fucking shows.

I couldn't help thinking of this over and over. I took a friend who knew nothing about WarCraft and he enjoyed the movie, but I kind of facepalmed when they dropped the names KARAZHAN STORMWIND GOLDSHIRE LAUGHING SKULL etc but he said he kept up and had a blast. Then he asked me which one Gul'dan was, again.
The acting is horrible as well.

I told myself King Llane was played by a very young John Astin and it made the movie about 90% more enjoyable

the ending of the movie still managed to be a massive fucking insult.

..yeah. It was abrupt and dumb. It felt like the end of that Dungeons and Dragons movie where they went "oh shit it's too long JUST HAVE THE QUEEN STAND UP AND TELL THE PEOPLE THEY'RE FREE, THE END."

PhantomCatClock

They say the studio cut 40 minutes of screentime and it fucking shows.
Buying the Blu-Ray to see if there's a director's cut or something. Will keep you posted.

Please don't pay money to see this.
I have failed you.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 25, 2016, 08:11:12 PM
LONG LIVE VCR CLOCK

HAIL, VCR CLOCK

THIS THREAD REMINDED ME WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MAN VCR IS SO IT'S OKAY TO BUMP IT.

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 26, 2016, 04:53:24 AM
Buying the Blu-Ray to see if there's a director's cut or something. Will keep you posted.

W H Y

PhantomCatClock

disposable income and potential investment opportunity since I'm obviously going to be the only person to buy it. what if it becomes a cult classic? the six year olds today do nothing but watch other people play minecraft on youtube. by the time they're 26 this will be considered a cult masterpiece