News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

3D Modeling

Farted by MelloYelloClock, March 29, 2016, 12:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelloYelloClock

I decided to get into 3D modeling and I'm fascinated by it. It's so much fun to see stuff in a different dimension other than 2D in Flash. Im still kinda new to it, but I'm gettin the hang of it I think. More notably, I want to get better at texturing, materials, and lighting.

If anyone wants their clock character made, post here! and I'll do my best to do it! Big thanks to Renegade for introducing me to Blender a couple months ago!

Some models i've done:

NEW FLASH -> KING OF THE PORTAL 2

:this: CLICK THIS

Losperman

Seriously, though. Pretty swanky looking, sir.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Slurpee

,[u2]qgqfeV7Gois[/u2]

(model me, slurpeeclock! please)

PhantomCatClock

Those look great! Good thing my clock character isn't some ridiculously complicated organic shape. I'd better request one, too

zl

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 29, 2016, 03:15:14 AM
Those look great! Good thing my clock character isn't some ridiculously complicated organic shape. I'd better request one, too

*sneeze*

PhantomCatClock

No undead or otherwise spookies allowed.

zl

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 29, 2016, 03:36:41 PM
No undead or otherwise spookies allowed.

we should make our own crew

the spook sisters

MelloYelloClock

MelloYelloClock

SOON YOU ALL WILL BE IN MY TROPHY DISPLAY GHAHAHAHAHA

PhantomCatClock

10/myao

I have a folder where I store all the art other clocks have done of me, and I feel like this is the first time I've added to it in maybe a year

{{{}}}

Slurpee

duuuude, bomb as hell. thank you.

are you making the textures from scratch?

also what do your poly counts look like? I'm learning blender, and subdivision surfaces and fiddling with selective application of the "smooth" shading are useful to an extent, but I seem to keep hitting a ceiling where I'm just kind of resigned to bits looking a little lumpy :|

PhantomCatClock

I think every 3D model I've made to date was in http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/645517

Ask MiracleFruit to put you in the hot new western sequel he's working on to get on PhantomVision

BilliardBall10

oh, thats so cool!

model me, please!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

MelloYelloClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on April 05, 2016, 11:43:10 AM
oh, thats so cool!

model me, please!

It's been a while and I'm busy with finals, but I got it done today! Tinkering with more materials & lighting.

Quote from: Slurpee on March 30, 2016, 12:46:27 AM
duuuude, bomb as hell. thank you.

are you making the textures from scratch?

also what do your poly counts look like? I'm learning blender, and subdivision surfaces and fiddling with selective application of the "smooth" shading are useful to an extent, but I seem to keep hitting a ceiling where I'm just kind of resigned to bits looking a little lumpy :|

No problem! Textures from scratch? Some but not all. Poly counts vary depending on the model. The BB10 picture above is roughly 960 polys. Meshs being lumpy... I can't really say for sure. I would say add more verts, It would really depend on what you're modeling.

BilliardBall10

wow, this is amazing! thanks, melloyello! :D

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

i made a 3d bb10 you know

MelloYelloClock

PhantomCatClock

It was in that thing I linked earlier, you just have to be a (Billiard)baller to find him.

RenegadeClock

Nice work. Are you using Cycles or Blender Internal engine?