News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Did I ever show you guys this 3D baman rig I made?

Farted by Sinister Clock, April 02, 2016, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

yes but the last video wasn't that cool

or maybe I just saw it on your youtube

BilliardBall10

this was highly enjoyable, and very nicely designed+animated!

excellent work, sinister-clock!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on April 06, 2016, 04:03:57 PM
this was highly enjoyable, and very nicely designed+animated!

excellent work, sinister-clock!

Cheers, but it was actually barely animated. besides a very tiny bit with the limbs stretching, and the cape at the end, it was 99% face motion capture with a X360 Kinect. A lot of other stuff is scripts driven by the mocap and stuff, auto secondary animation yo.

BilliardBall10

wow, you used face motion capture for the character's movements?
very cool stuff.

hey, can you tell me a few tricks on how to make 3-D characters of my own?
should i get blender? and what should i always remember when designing characters in 3-D?

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on April 07, 2016, 03:46:28 PM
wow, you used face motion capture for the character's movements?
very cool stuff.

hey, can you tell me a few tricks on how to make 3-D characters of my own?
should i get blender? and what should i always remember when designing characters in 3-D?

I haven't used Blender in years, it might have changed, but typically open source projects have a bunch of weird interface stuff that no other software follows. Gimp, for example, is super terrible and if you learn just Gimp, you won't be able to use Photoshop, whereas if you learnt Photoshop, you could learn a bunch of different things that follow similar methods of doing things.

I'd recommend pirating Maya and some Digital Tutors intro to maya course or something. Maybe 3DS Max? I want to get into 3DS Max, but I haven't had the time, I'm actually trying to get back into 2D animation.

The most important thing about 3D modelling is topology. Well, you can do a high poly sculpt in Zbrush or something first, where the topology doesn't matter as much, but when you're retopologizing it so you can animate it and reduce the amount of polygons, the direction of the polys and the loops is super important. You can look up how other people do it, like face topology, or body topology, there's different ways of doing cartoony models, or when you want to emphasize muscles or fat or whatever.

There's exponentially more to learn about 3D than 2D, but it's all very rewarding.

Sinister Clock

I've started using Toon Boom to make an Adventure Zone animation.
https://twitter.com/bizarspel/status/718552683494449153

Adventure Zone is a pretty funny DnD podcast by the McElroy brothers who are everywhere. When you go to sleep tonight, you can rest easy knowing at least one of them will be watching over you.