News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What are you all currently playing? (Fucking post in this thread dammit.)

Farted by NintendrCkolc, May 01, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

I'm replaying Longest Night and Lost Constellation, the supplementary games from the upcoming Night in the Woods, because the folks developing it did some promotion at E3 and I am SO FUCKING PUMPED.
it is a video game where you play as a cat who dropped out of college and moved back home hahaha yasssss bury me in quaint slice of life indie bullshit forever, this is the death that I choose for myself. Lost Constellation is a relaxed slightly-musical connect-the-dots game on a starry sky with a greek chorus of characters remarking on the constellations you form. Dialogue varies, slightly, depending on the order you introduce them. Longest Night is an adventure game of sorts, a story within a story about bringing snowmen to life with the spirits of the deceased. What you're really getting out of both of these is a sense of the characters and the peculiarities of the world they inhabit. It's also very pretty and peaceful.

I have also been playing a lot of Overwatch, because of course I have.
I like how this game is pretty much TF2, but with just a few things done differently. I'd say the effect of the changes overall is very positive. Everything seems naturally conducive for your team having each other's backs. Except Reaper and McCree players, who are special and cool. (And then I blow them up and my giggling trash boyfriend Junkrat says "Why so serious?" because he is my MOTHERFUCKING POWER ANIMAL and we are GONNA GET MARRIED.) Also a non-ironic exception for Tracer players: beautiful oiled gazelles, one and all.
Man did you guys know you can blow Junkrat's conc mines in mid-air? And just ruin somebody with a charged ultimate's day. OH NO BITCH YOUR SHIT IS OVER THER ENOW,. YOU BITCH. also you can run bastion's repair while he's in turret mode holy shit he's a beast. also I got the skin, where he is covered in grass, like the robot from castle in the sky? :3

update: Junkrat quotes Fury Road hnnnnnnnnnnn

patriotclock

playing the first borderlands when im not inundated with schoolwork and despite how much i hated diablo3 im really enjoying it so far. also overwatch still. roadhog 4 life

VuBawlsClock

Fuck anonfrog

PhantomCatClock

PirateClock

last year i played 600+ of Witcher 3.

Other than that Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, Halo 5, Star Wars BattleFront, Fifa 17and Rise of the Tomb Raider. All of them combined still not as much as the Witcher though.

Looking really forward to Deus Ex Mankind divided, Dishonerd 2and Mass Effect Andromeda.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Sheep

Downloaded REELism for Doom II this morning and been mostly playing it all day. I should really screenshot some of my future scores.

Slurpee

Kentucky Route Zero is a magical game

I played the first act a long long time ago, and felt very strongly that I needed a breather, to digest the experience, and forgot about it for a bit, until a friend saw it in my Steam library a few months later and asked about it. I was like, oh, yeah, that one's really cool, and opened it just to show him, and ended up playing through the first act again, and I barely recognized it. It was like it rearranged topographically into a different game.

Everything is so ethereal and it's so reactive to the little things you do (which never really feel like choices) it's like playing an actual dream. You get this sense of something needing to be done, but it's never more important than what's right in front of you, and progress always feels more like following a whim. When it's over you just remember an impression of the experience you had, with bits and pieces of specifics jumbled up.

Play it when you're sleepy.

I just played act II for the first time, and, yeah, I'm gonna need some time to digest it.

Slash

Currently playing VA-11 Hall-A - Cyberpunk Bartender Action, yeah that's the title, I suppose it's also a description.
Well I say playing, but it's more like reading, It's pretty good though.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I just got back to boxboy and beat it. the ending felt almost like a zombie lincoln comic. The game does not lead you to believe there's any narrative at all, and what's there is as minimalist as it gets, but I'll be damned if I wasn't emotionally effected by it by the end. I'll check out the postgame levels at some point after beating stick of truth. I got in on sale forever ago I don't know why I haven't played it yet. it's so detailed and fun. I figured my next rpg was gonna be system shock 2 or fire emblem awakening but noooooooooo it's south park time now.

speaking of system shock I'm mad my computer can't run the remake demo. The original is one of my favorite games and I was so excited about this :( ah well I can wait. Between emulators and my steam library I'll never run out of new things to play in my lifetime.

Quote from: Slurpee on June 25, 2016, 09:31:56 AM
I'm replaying Longest Night and Lost Constellation, the supplementary games from the upcoming Night in the Woods, because the folks developing it did some promotion at E3 and I am SO FUCKING PUMPED.
[.img]http://i.imgur.com/mX7nGQzl.png[/img]it is a video game where you play as a cat who dropped out of college and moved back home hahaha yasssss bury me in quaint slice of life indie bullshit forever, this is the death that I choose for myself. Lost Constellation is a relaxed slightly-musical connect-the-dots game on a starry sky with a greek chorus of characters remarking on the constellations you form. Dialogue varies, slightly, depending on the order you introduce them. Longest Night is an adventure game of sorts, a story within a story about bringing snowmen to life with the spirits of the deceased. What you're really getting out of both of these is a sense of the characters and the peculiarities of the world they inhabit. It's also very pretty and peaceful.

I usually have trouble getting into point and click adventure games but that screenshot intrigues me for a reason I can't put my finger on.  or is it a controller affair? guess I'll check out those free minigame things at least.

PhantomCatClock

I started playing TIS-100, did the first three or four puzzles (with the manual open at all times) then closed it out, thinking it wasn't that fun.

The next day it was all I could think about at work, so I guess I DID like it. Just did the second row of puzzles and can see myself spending embarrassing amounts of time on this getting the first grid of levels done.

It's like SpaceChem (made by the same people, in fact) but it's about programming-ish. You can pick it up pretty easily once you read the first like two chapters of the manual and look at the first puzzle's pre-written stuff. Shit either gets cray fast or I was quick to jump to conditionals that take up the whole box

Slurpee

Quote from: FloundermanClock on July 05, 2016, 04:32:50 PM
I usually have trouble getting into point and click adventure games but that screenshot intrigues me for a reason I can't put my finger on.  or is it a controller affair? guess I'll check out those free minigame things at least.
from the e3 footage it doesn't seem to be an adventure game in the sierra/lucas arts sense, or even the walking dead sense.

maybe see what the trailer says to you?
[u2]8109dIuc-bo[/u2]

it's a pretty good trailer.

it mostly reminds me of, like, games from the early to mid 90's, where a game could just be a game and it wasn't "quirky" to find yourself playing Ataxx in The 7th Guest, or performing opera in Final Fantasy 6. so you get a mini-game where you try to play bass for a song you don't know or smash florescent light tubes with a baseball bat in the alley and that's fine because that's what is happening to the character, please to sit back and enjoy this interactive experience of "Video".

genre's bullshit anyway. what genre are killer7, pathologic, and frankie goes to hollywood for the commodore 64 and zx spectrum? I got "third person puzzle action adventure rail shooter, psychological horror survival role-playing, and abstract adventure minigame collection murder mystery role-playing," how 'bout you? hmm what genre's this:

Losperman

I tried starting Resident Evil: Revelations 2 but it kind of sucked so I stopped. Playing Saint's Row IV again, on PS4 this time. And I just got Rock Band 4 so I'ma play the hell out of that for a while.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I got the first revelations on 3DS during a sale and sorta lost interest after a while. it's not even a mechanically bad game it just didn't hold my attention.

Quote from: Slurpee on July 05, 2016, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: FloundermanClock on July 05, 2016, 04:32:50 PM
from the e3 footage it doesn't seem to be an adventure game in the sierra/lucas arts sense, or even the walking dead sense.

maybe see what the trailer says to you?
[u2]8109dIuc-bo[/u2]

it's a pretty good trailer.

it mostly reminds me of, like, games from the early to mid 90's, where a game could just be a game and it wasn't "quirky" to find yourself playing Ataxx in The 7th Guest, or performing opera in Final Fantasy 6. so you get a mini-game where you try to play bass for a song you don't know or smash florescent light tubes with a baseball bat in the alley and that's fine because that's what is happening to the character, please to sit back and enjoy this interactive experience of "Video".

genre's bullshit anyway. what genre are killer7, pathologic, and frankie goes to hollywood for the commodore 64 and zx spectrum? I got "third person puzzle action adventure rail shooter, psychological horror survival role-playing, and abstract adventure minigame collection murder mystery role-playing," how 'bout you? hmm what genre's this:

yeah this definitely seems like something I'd be interested in. I kinda hate the font for dialogue but other than that this looks like the sorta game I'd like to play right now. at least judging from the trailer. and I gotta play pathologic too god damn it. it looks absolutely incredible and I've put it off for years. I might as well wait for the remake at this point.

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 05, 2016, 07:47:06 PM
I started playing TIS-100, did the first three or four puzzles (with the manual open at all times) then closed it out, thinking it wasn't that fun.

The next day it was all I could think about at work, so I guess I DID like it. Just did the second row of puzzles and can see myself spending embarrassing amounts of time on this getting the first grid of levels done.

It's like SpaceChem (made by the same people, in fact) but it's about programming-ish. You can pick it up pretty easily once you read the first like two chapters of the manual and look at the first puzzle's pre-written stuff. Shit either gets cray fast or I was quick to jump to conditionals that take up the whole box
TIS-100 was in a RPS listicle about programming games, and in the footnotes they link to this thing where the Zach of TIS-100 developer Zachtronics walks you through reverse-engineering an old Star Wars game nobody cares about. It's pretty cool and kind of gives you a view into the type of person that makes a game like TIS-100 (big nerd)
http://www.zachtronics.com/yoda-stories/

Losperman

Quote from: FloundermanClock on July 05, 2016, 08:57:10 PM
I got the first revelations on 3DS during a sale and sorta lost interest after a while. it's not even a mechanically bad game it just didn't hold my attention.

I played it on console and was pleasantly surprised. It was a lot more like the old REs than the recent titles. But the sequel trades atmosphere for action once again, which is exactly what the early parts of the first Revelations successfully avoided.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Slurpee on July 05, 2016, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 05, 2016, 07:47:06 PM

TIS-100 was in a RPS listicle about programming games, and in the footnotes they link to this thing where the Zach of TIS-100 developer Zachtronics walks you through reverse-engineering an old Star Wars game nobody cares about. It's pretty cool and kind of gives you a view into the type of person that makes a game like TIS-100 (big nerd)
http://www.zachtronics.com/yoda-stories/

For how much nobody cared about it, I'm surprised Robot Odyssey didn't make that list just for how impressive it was

But wow, that Yoda Stories was such a fun read. I wish I had programming adventures.

BilliardBall10

im playing TF2 on steam.

im an excellent medic, and a mediocre soldier.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

TropicanaClock

When I get the chance, ive been enjoying Souls 3, Enter the Gungeon, Fallout 4, Ghost in the Shell : first assault (some free to play cod clone that has my wifu in it), some modded minecraft, and dont starve together.

PirateClock

playing the new Doom, it's pretty neat. No story whatsoever, but i like that they included so many secrets. Gameplay is fast paced and i like the simplicity of the leveling system. Enemy AI is non existing, they just all want you dead with no regard of their own life, NEAT. Like one demon can fly, but only seems to use it to get into your shotgun range as fast as possible.

Anyway, after playing Fallout and The Witcher this is a welcome no brainer shooter, specially cause i've got the new Deus EX and Mass Effect on my wishlist.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

NintendrCkolc

AM2R

Metroid 2 remake. Fantastic work by a fan. Definitely worth checking out if you're a metroid fan. Can be pretty difficult if you want it to be.