News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

do i permaban bb10?

Farted by VCRClock, May 16, 2016, 05:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

well?

yes, permaban bb10
9 (45%)
no, don't permaban bb10
11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: May 23, 2016, 05:38:20 PM

VCRClock

hi, your friendly administrator here

i'm running a mostly dead website and i feel a little bit responsible for making it a nice place to be

a while back i banned bb10 for 30 days and told him to shape up or ship out
he came back and he has been trying to shape up, in his own bb10 kind of way

recently, notorious shitposter nintendoclock has found it difficult to stop talking about how bb10 is ruining the clock crew
i can deal with kinder, gentler bb10; i can probably tolerate regular nintendoclock; i can't deal with the drama. i'd feel responsible if i made you guys have to watch it. that'd make me want to stop coming here. it already does.

bb10 is a polarizing figure people tend to care about one way or the other. in this week, during which both bb10 and nintendoclock are banned, please decide for me whether or not you want to see more of bb10.

of course we could also get rid of agitator nintendoclock, but i'm not really seeing a nintendoclock hate movement. i'm not going to make a "permaban nintendoclock?" poll, but i'd look at the results if there were one.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

put them in a getalong shirt

PhantomCatClock

miracle fruit

Quote from: VCRClock on May 16, 2016, 05:38:20 PM
recently, notorious shitposter nintendoclock has found it difficult to stop talking about how bb10 is ruining the clock crew

in the ... bb10 hate megathread ???

how dare he

miracle fruit

also voting yes on permabanning bb10 but i really could care less

clamclock

<(L)>

RobClock

I once PM'd Poptart offering to pay for the CC's hosting costs in return for permabanning BB10

That offer still stands

d u m p y

I still think Nintendo clock is great

zl

I don't know

He is a really bizarre person and I feel uneasy around him

But I should really just use the ignore function

I almost feel like ignoring him should be the default option on the forum and people have to opt-in manually

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on May 17, 2016, 06:40:24 AM
I almost feel like ignoring him should be the default option on the forum and people have to opt-in manually

That's the most ridiculous idea anyone's had on the subject and maybe funny enough to work. Could you imagine someone just joining (new users are 100% BB10 sympathizers) and wondering why they were ignoring a user?

Losperman

Yeah, I've never been a fan of exorcising people because they're weird or annoying (even Josh Bend). The people that annoyed me the most were the people who purposefully stirred up shit and tried to "save" the CC. If the only real complaint against him is "he's annoying," I don't see why the mature response isn't ignoring him, not shutting him out.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

NintendrCkolc

It's not just that he has a history of being annoying. It's well documented that he has a history of harassing other members and this in turn creates a less enjoyable environment for the rest of the community. You can trivialize it and say "well he's just annoying" but at this point I think it goes further then that.

I personally don't see this behavior improving and we've been complaining about it for years now.

He's not funny anymore, nobody (as far as I can tell) really likes the guy, it's quite possible he has some sort of mental handicap (yes I'm serious), and his overall presence hinders, stifles, and disrupts conversations among the rest of us.

We're all aware that there is an ignore feature, but if everyone has him on ignore then WHY NOT just perma-ban him? If that's too drastic then how about just 1 year? If we truly miss him then fine, let him come back. I really doubt this is going to be the case though.

PhantomCatClock

I missed BB10, but I'm terrible at pool

Losperman

Quote from: Nintendoclock on May 19, 2016, 01:33:10 PMhe has a history of harassing other members and this in turn creates a less enjoyable environment for the rest of the community.

This is a much better argument than him being annoying.

QuoteWe're all aware that there is an ignore feature, but if everyone has him on ignore then WHY NOT just perma-ban him? If that's too drastic then how about just 1 year? If we truly miss him then fine, let him come back. I really doubt this is going to be the case though.

1) That's assuming everyone is going to have him on ignore.
2) The logic works both ways. If "everyone" has him on ignore, why perma-ban him?

And I'm exiting the debate, because I didn't miss this shit.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

PhantomCatClock

Having him on ignore by default was just proposed by ZLincoln

AbsintheClock

VCRClock

ok cool i'm not gonna do anything
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

That is the correct response to any question about moderation

AbsintheClock

Make a rule where he can only speak in Hall and Oates lyrics.

d u m p y

I say just ban him anyway lol fuck XD