News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

E3 2016

Farted by RobClock, June 12, 2016, 10:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

Just watched the Bethesda presentation and I wanna post about it

Skyrim xbone/PSquad ports were inevitable. They said a while ago that they had ported skyrim to the next gen systems early in the process of developing Fallout 4 so it's no surprise that they're putting it out there to scrape some cash out of it.
[u2]pF2Qw9BI6Rg[/u2]

Doom 4 DLC announcement pretty massively underwhelming. Just a bunch of multiplayer stuff which, as I already went on about, sucks. A few single player missions would go a long, long way.
[u2]vLi1rdhz908[/u2]

Quake: Champions was revealed which I was extremely excited about until they revealed the subtitle 'champions' and started throwing around terms like 'skill-based' and phrases like "designed for players of all skill levels". Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst with this one.
[u2]sa-6fQyNkZo[/u2]

And then there was the big one: Prey 2. There's been huge controversy in the past about this game's development, in short; fuck bethesda. And so they dropped a trailer and it confirmed basically everything that had previously been leaked about the game. Essentially it's looking to be more of a horror-RPG title in the lieu of System Shock 2, with nothing in common with the original game. Speaking of the original game, because Bethesda sure isn't, prey 2 isn't called 'prey 2', it is simply 'PREY'. And with the original no longer available on steam, it looks like the fine folks at Zenimax are hoping that it's long forgotten. Just disgusting.
[u2]q38yi0NmAm0[/u2]

RobClock

There were also rumours going around about a sequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order that i was very excited about, but unfortunately, there was no proper reveal. They did, however, tease it at the very beginning of their presentation.

That's something to be excited about, at least.

zl

Quote from: RobClock on June 12, 2016, 10:56:20 PMSpeaking of the original game, because Bethesda sure isn't, prey 2 isn't called 'prey 2', it is simply 'PREY'

I don't like this naming trend with sequels/reboots. It's obnoxious, makes the games confusing to distinguish in conversations, and has this attitude like "Welcome to the REAL version, baby."

I'm bothered that I'm actually this bothered about a naming convention, but ugh

AnkhClock

i hope they announce a new mario man game

Slurpee

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on June 13, 2016, 08:52:14 AM
Quote from: RobClock on June 12, 2016, 10:56:20 PMSpeaking of the original game, because Bethesda sure isn't, prey 2 isn't called 'prey 2', it is simply 'PREY'

I don't like this naming trend with sequels/reboots. It's obnoxious, makes the games confusing to distinguish in conversations, and has this attitude like "Welcome to the REAL version, baby."

I'm bothered that I'm actually this bothered about a naming convention, but ugh
I think it's funny that people end up calling them what they're not called because of this
Sonic '06
Mortal Kombat 9
A Boy and His Blob Wii
REmake for Resident Evil on the Gamecube was cute but people stopped using it

it's also funny that new Doom is called DOOM in all caps but I feel like that's going to go away and it'll be remembered as Doom 4 or Doom '16.

this didn't happen with Ninja Gaiden, though, you have to say "Ninja Gaiden on the NES". fart noise and thumbs down

RobClock

Doom 4 is a great example of it because even in that DOS prompt image from Bethesda's own presentation it's listed as 'Doom4'.

It goes back pretty far though when you think about it. Games like Superman 64 and Castlevania 64 were affixed with '64' unofficially for more or less the same reason.

NintendrCkolc

Lots of cool things this year. Not a terrible E3. Kinda disappointed with Nintendo's lack of anything but Zelda looks pretty damn amazing all things considered. I'm really interested to see how Nintendo handles an open world game and I think Zelda is the obvious choice for this style of game. Can't wait.

God of War looks eh. I don't understand what the're trying to do with it. Looks like RYSE and I'm kind of getting tired of "cinematic experience" games. Let Naughty Dog be Naughty Dog. We don't need a bunch of copy cat experiences coming out of Sony.

Microsoft is pushing PC pretty hard. Just about every major exclusive coming to XBONE is coming to PC. It's kinda pointless to own an XBONE at this point. The new console they showed is pretty sexy but eh.

Quake, Zelda, Spiderman, South Park, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian all kinda piqued my interest.