News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Horror Movies

Farted by Kaijuclock, September 23, 2016, 03:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaijuclock

It's almost that time!

I shamelessly stole this from google

Keeping up with the season, What are some wonderful horror films you like to watch around this time of year!?

I, a person who is hopelessly addicted to horror films in general, always search for a reason to watch the flicks, but my tastes are pretty out there.

On the watch list for the season, I have several REALLY WELL KNOWN films, and some stuff most people either hate, or don't know about.

Trick R' Treat
The Seven Doors of Death
Reanimator
Bride of Reanimator
Martin
Bruiser
Lucio Fulci's Zombie
Pretty much all the Argento films.
AND SO, SO MUCH MORE!

How about all of you?

RobClock

I'm part of a community that's wholly based around watching movies and TV shows so whenever October rolls around I do a lot of horror movie watching. Mostly the obvious stuff though. Universal Monsters, Hammer Horror, the big three Slasher franchises, Hellraiser, Alien, The Fly, The Evil Dead series etc etc

I'm a big fan of campy shit and I just dig the mood of older b-movie horror flicks.

PhantomCatClock

We have a looooooooooooot of DVDs in this house. I would not be surprised if it was actually over a thousand, but it's easily in the high hundreds. HOWEVER, we have a whole row on the bookshelf two cases deep that is "October movies" and they are for October viewing only.

Mostly old funny stuff like Arsenic and Old Lace with Carey Grant or The Burbs with Tom Hanks (we watch The Burbs a lot in October) but I know there's some horror mixed in there.

There is

I can't think of any, but by golly there are some.

Slurpee

For a given definition of horror, Trick R Treat, Monster Squad, The Gate, and Hocus Pocus are more or less annual for me.

An American Werewolf in London, The Thing, Village of the Damned, Dead Alive, Signal (2007), Stage Fright (1987), Lake Mungo, Attack the Block, Coraline, It Follows, Cabin in the Woods, Jacob's Ladder, Let the Right One In, The Shining, People Under the Stairs, The Bay, Night of the Loving Dead (1990), The Wickerman (1973), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), House (1977), [Rec], Cube, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Nightmare on Elmstreet 3, Amityville 4, any of the Friday the 13ths, Evil Deads, or Final Destinations, Insidious, Insidious 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, Fire in the Sky, and, sorry not sorry, Saw, The Blair Witch Project, The Ring, and Scream, are all favorites for one reason or another, but don't necessarily make the list every year.
Definitely feeling Signal and Attack the Block again this year, though.

I have not seen but want to check out Carriers, Martyrs, Cure, A Field in England, Serpent and the Rainbow, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Host (2006), City of Lost Children, I Saw the Devil, Hush, Alice Sweet Alice, The Sentinel (1977), We Are What We Are, Kill List, The Orphanage, Under the Skin, The Woman in Black, Carnival of Souls, Teeth, Amer, Thirst, Green Room, Blue Ruin, Come Out and Play, Goodnight Mommy, Xtro, Only Lovers Left Alive, Phantasm, and Dogtooth.

I try to do the one-a-day-all-October thing but idk if I'll have time this year.

Lightweight recommendation for Lights Out, which I saw earlier this year expecting complete schlock but was very pleasantly surprised.

zl

boosting City of Lost Children, that's an awesome film

Kaijuclock

Quote from: Slurpee on September 23, 2016, 11:08:56 AM
For a given definition of horror, Trick R Treat, Monster Squad, The Gate, and Hocus Pocus are more or less annual for me.

An American Werewolf in London, The Thing, Village of the Damned, Dead Alive, Signal (2007), Stage Fright (1987), Lake Mungo, Attack the Block, Coraline, It Follows, Cabin in the Woods, Jacob's Ladder, Let the Right One In, The Shining, People Under the Stairs, The Bay, Night of the Loving Dead (1990), The Wickerman (1973), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), House (1977), [Rec], Cube, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Nightmare on Elmstreet 3, Amityville 4, any of the Friday the 13ths, Evil Deads, or Final Destinations, Insidious, Insidious 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, Fire in the Sky, and, sorry not sorry, Saw, The Blair Witch Project, The Ring, and Scream, are all favorites for one reason or another, but don't necessarily make the list every year.
Definitely feeling Signal and Attack the Block again this year, though.

I have not seen but want to check out Carriers, Martyrs, Cure, A Field in England, Serpent and the Rainbow, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Host (2006), City of Lost Children, I Saw the Devil, Hush, Alice Sweet Alice, The Sentinel (1977), We Are What We Are, Kill List, The Orphanage, Under the Skin, The Woman in Black, Carnival of Souls, Teeth, Amer, Thirst, Green Room, Blue Ruin, Come Out and Play, Goodnight Mommy, Xtro, Only Lovers Left Alive, Phantasm, and Dogtooth.

I try to do the one-a-day-all-October thing but idk if I'll have time this year.

Lightweight recommendation for Lights Out, which I saw earlier this year expecting complete schlock but was very pleasantly surprised.

I was trying to keep mine light, but I absolutely LOVE almost all the films you put here. I haven't seen Lights Out yet, but I think I need to.

Actually, being completely honest, I'm pleasantly surprised at EVERYONE'S movie list. Typically, when I bring up horror, people like to harp on about rather modern things that I have a distaste for.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

this thread reminds me how much shit I still need to watch. And I just remembered I STILL haven't seen the other two tetsuo movies. also has anyone else here seen Begotten? also also the thing is the best horror movie ever made and I will not accept any other opinion.

PhantomCatClock

I was expecting urotsukidoji