News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Join Us in the Clock Crew Discord Chat!

Farted by AlbinoClock, November 01, 2016, 08:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbinoClock

Get in get in everybody's here!

https://discord.gg/gzyDSMp

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on November 01, 2016, 02:58:25 PM
These are getting annoying

PHANTOMCAT HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT OUR NEW TEAMSPEAK AOL BLAST SKYPE DISCORD SERVER?

RobClock

miracle fruit

AlbinoClock

patriotclock

PhantomCatClock

Renegade sure is getting a lot of mileage out of those thread locking powers

d u m p y

P cat love ya bud but what the fuck are you talking about

RenegadeClock

I dumped the old discord thread in the gas chamber, because Gir turned into a dramatic goodbye thread.

PhantomCatClock

Right when the conversation got interesting. Reddit might need to be protected from someone's pronouns getting made fun of, but the CC forum doesn't need nonproblems cut off right when people are finally getting active somewhere other than CCBT

AlbinoClock

Quote from above.

Quote from: Slurpeenobody's a villain chillllllllll

it's too real for trans ppl right now. that's all it is
gir wasn't sitting there thinking "nobody has the right to mock me" any more than silver was sitting there thinking "gender identity issues are not worthy of respect or compassion"
it's just a charged subject. things get hot because we're not all playing with the same deck of cards

gender identity issues not being taken seriously is the main source of grief for people dealing with them, and it's a frequent and frustrating obstacle to improving that situation. finally being in the public eye means the stakes are high. for them it's a matter of their identity being respected, and, by way of that, ending a constant and suffocating sense of not being treated with human decency
conversely, the prominence of gender identity issues in the public consciousness is a recent phenomenon, and people for whom it's not a day-to-day issue a) are not used to being asked to view accommodating non-apparent gender presentation as a matter of respect, and b) are understandably not going to react well to being vilified for failing to do so. for them there is a very real and valid sense that their agency is being infringed upon, and that the people doing it to them are using the lazy and intellectually dishonest tactic of dismissing them as bigots if they don't cede to their demands

it's going to be okay.
just try to understand each other, and keep in mind that i, slurpeeclock, am very handsome and that all the boys want to dance with me and give me kisses

RenegadeClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on November 02, 2016, 10:39:22 PM
Right when the conversation got interesting. Reddit might need to be protected from someone's pronouns getting made fun of, but the CC forum doesn't need nonproblems cut off right when people are finally getting active somewhere other than CCBT

You're free to start a topic on gender pronouns if that's what you want to discuss. Even if it's to make fun of it. In fact I think it should be made fun of, along with every other sensitive subject. I don't believe people have a right to not be offended, and we shouldn't take ourselves so seriously.

I gassed the topic because Gir derailed it from being an announcement to join discord into, "Somebody hurt my feelings and I'm leaving over it. Everybody look at me leaving!" And I didn't want to give him a platform to be an attention whore, or a platform for anyone else to hurl insults when he wasn't here to defend himself.

PhantomCatClock

Albino, aren't you the person who chewed someone out for spelling realize as realise just a month ago?

I think this may be the divide in the forums and the Discord, then. Sorry for overestimating that half the community.

And oh, I didn't see the first post get changed. I just saw that Gir hadn't said anything on the last page but pretty much everyone who's actually here every day did.

Slurpee

shhhshshshhh chill
[u2]jEgi_ww-bf8[/u2]
nobody's a villain chillllllllll

it's too real for trans ppl right now. that's all it is
gir wasn't sitting there thinking "nobody has the right to mock me" any more than silver was sitting there thinking "gender identity issues are not worthy of respect or compassion"
it's just a charged subject. things get hot because we're not all playing with the same deck of cards

gender identity issues not being taken seriously is the main source of grief for people dealing with them, and it's a frequent and frustrating obstacle to improving that situation. finally being in the public eye means the stakes are high. for them it's a matter of their identity being respected, and, by way of that, ending a constant and suffocating sense of not being treated with human decency
conversely, the prominence of gender identity issues in the public consciousness is a recent phenomenon, and people for whom it's not a day-to-day issue a) are not used to being asked to view accommodating non-apparent gender presentation as a matter of respect, and b) are understandably not going to react well to being vilified for failing to do so. for them there is a very real and valid sense that their agency is being infringed upon, and that the people doing it to them are using the lazy and intellectually dishonest tactic of dismissing them as bigots if they don't cede to their demands

it's going to be okay.
just try to understand each other, and keep in mind that i, slurpeeclock, am very handsome and that all the boys want to dance with me and give me kisses

PhantomCatClock

So far in this thread the only hostile responses I've seen were from Albino taking multiple paragraphs to chew two people out. Someone who is comfortable in not censoring himself and expecting the same calmness from others obviously has more growing up to do than someone who has hissy fits back to back. Everyone has a job and has worked with impossible management or costumers who come in already angry at everybody. I hope the real world is easier than the Internet for the latter.

That being said, I don't know if the CC forums is really the best place to come for any sort of respect, much less respect that specific. I did just have it pointed out to me that this is all that people have been talking about on Discord for the last few days so I'll stop dragging it out here, too. Hopefully after this we can get back to our regularly scheduled dick sword fights and drinking shots of napalm together.

PhantomCatClock

You're not supposed to call people out on weasel words. Now I see why you were banned.

PhantomCatClock

That argument about text getting deleted/edited is starting to look a lot more believable

Slurpee

I love when there's offsite drama and it gets brought to the forums and I have no idea what the fuck anybody's talking about

j/k I hate it
I HATE IT

PhantomCatClock

there is no drama here because obviously SILVERCLOCK DELETED HIS OWN POSTS DISCORD CHAT WAS AN INSIDE JOB