News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

SBC smileys

Farted by JambaClock, April 20, 2017, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JambaClock

We've got smileys of these clocks...
:bandwagon: :indi: :furry2: :rockin: :dance: :hmph: :capper: :furry: :sick: _pc_ :bio: :queer: :zoom: :furry: :lo5: :dork:
So why not smileys of Strawberry Clock?
(and jambaclock)

Slurpee

StrawberyClock is the quintessence. There is no need to depict him for he is always with us

miracle fruit

this is the new strawberry clock: 

PhantomCatClock

you put rupee in twice you furry sympathizer

RobClock

Orange is a simpler design, circular and close to the standard yellow smiley face, so it reads better visually. SBC used to be the favicon for the site back in .cc done in the same style by the same person who did the emotes but that's ancient history now.

PhantomCatClock

I just spent like twenty minutes going through the screenshots in my external HD of The Laptop Years and finally found one of the CC website (thank goodness I take screenshots of everything with no intention of ever looking at them again) but you can't see the favicon because my dumb browser doesn't show them unless you have the navbar selected

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 21, 2017, 03:08:31 AM
Orange is a simpler design, circular and close to the standard yellow smiley face, so it reads better visually. SBC used to be the favicon for the site back in .cc done in the same style by the same person who did the emotes but that's ancient history now.
More like ancient falsified history you goon. I did the SBC favicon, but not the emotes. (Well, apart from :thumbs: and :rolleyes: (although I don't claim responsibility for the messed up animation of the latter, someone tampered with it. Just like somebody else messed up the Flash of the Month award by stretching it poorly in Paint: ))

Anybody still got the original favicon? I remember how hard it was to make a convincing strawberry in a 16x16 space. I tried recreating it from memory and it would be interesting to see how well it lines up: This was experimental archaeology at work, where after a few tries I once again figured out that the omission of the black border around the clockface (as seen in Orange and Battery above) would save me two pixels both vertically and horizontally. Really exciting stuff!

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 21, 2017, 06:46:40 AM
Quote from: RobClock on April 21, 2017, 03:08:31 AM
More like ancient falsified history you goon. I did the SBC favicon, but not the emotes. (Well, apart from :thumbs: and :rolleyes: (although I don't claim responsibility for the messed up animation of the latter, someone tampered with it. Just like somebody else messed up the Flash of the Month award by stretching it poorly in Paint: ))!

I am terrifically embarrassed

GreyClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on April 21, 2017, 01:29:48 PMit's...beautiful
Thanks pal.

Here's the original, courtesy of Wayback Machine:

vs.

I got pretty close.

GreyClock

Two hybrids between the original and the new one, why not?

& vs.

I like the new crown, but the original works better as a whole I feel.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: GreyClock on April 21, 2017, 06:46:40 AM
More like ancient falsified history you fool. I did the SBC favicon, but not the emotes. (Well, apart from :thumbs: and :rolleyes: (although I don't claim responsibility for the messed up animation of the latter, someone tampered with it. Just like somebody else messed up the Flash of the Month award by stretching it poorly in Paint: ))

Anybody still got the original favicon? I remember how hard it was to make a convincing strawberry in a 16x16 space. I tried recreating it from memory and it would be interesting to see how well it lines up: This was experimental archaeology at work, where after a few tries I once again figured out that the omission of the black border around the clockface (as seen in Orange and Battery above) would save me two pixels both vertically and horizontally. Really exciting stuff!

wow, you've made some really awesome clock/SBC-emoticons, grey! bravo!
i really like the SBC emotes+battery's roll-eyes animation emote.

say, would you be interested on making a BB10 emoticon?
if you do so, i will draw you 3 times, i will add you in my 2+ future movies, and i will give you 23 e-pancakes.
(everything in my offer is real, except from the pancakes. no pancakes can survive the trip to clocktopia, especially if wii clock is around...)

also
@jamba clock: welcome jamba clock, please enjoy your stay, stick around, be creative and have fun!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

VCRClock

a brief history of modifications to clock crew smilies

:bandwagon: this one comes to us unchanged from at least 2005 clockcrew.net. the pokemon pulling the cart is a peggey. the passengers are pineappleclock and probably quartermelonclock, both somewhat active administrators at the time. also orangeclock because he easy to draw

:indi: this is orangeclock in a hat from 2005 .net
:rockin: this is ornageclock rockin out from 2005 .net; we used to use this one as a litmus test for losers
:sick: this is orangejbddlcknf feeling unwell from 2005 .net
:dork: here, am oregon cloak is feling nerd from 2005

:furry2: I can't seem to find the thread, but this variation on :furry: was created because billiardball10 once sent a pm to another member asking them to buy furry doujins for him because they wouldn't ship to his address or something. being immortalized in this way isn't exactly an honor

:dance: iirc englishclock is responsible for this one. he's the rare kind of clock that actually animated, so by popular demand this little loop was emoticonified

:hmph: mspaintclock was honored with this emoticon when he complained about :stubborn: not being clock themed. he doesn't like this one, either.

:capper: heinekenclock was honored with this emoticon for being an attention-whoring liar; years ago he publicly pretended to have suffered a severe injury that left him wheelchair-bound. he was the kind of person who'd do things like that.

:furry: rupeeclock was the original furry that anybody who knew what the clock crew attitude was about knew didn't belong in the clock crew.

_pc_ i don't know why pumpkinclock got his own smiley. ask me my opinion of pumpkinclock and i will say he seemed like an alright guy

:bio: biologicalclock may soon be the first clock to hit retirement age. i hear he was in his 40s when he was involved with the clock crew prior to when i joined in 2005. especially by contrast, he was probably a lot more level-headed and mature than most of the people then hanging around here. seemed like a natural variation on :tophat:

:queer: insomniaclock was maybe one of the earliest flamboyantly gay clock crew members, and this smiley dates from an era, and time in many of our collective lives, when gay jokes seemed funnier

:zoom: at some point we found a post on an internet forum about scooters or motorcycles where a poster was saying he used to call himself plumclock. in his honor, the zoom smiley, which originally depicted orangeclock like everyhing else, was recolored to depict plumclock

:lo5: another smiley created by a reactionary against unamended somethingawful smilies like :hi5: being added to our fair board; both versions kept as an ugly compromise

bonus beats:
rofflewaff we had a rofl waffle smiley, and then we realized masquattoclock looked like an iron waffle
_pirate_ we used to use this smiley when we still had to talk about software piracy
:mexican: someone doesn't know how to export a damn .gif; weenie roast/ironclock is as mexican as i am asian  :sombrero:
:soups: vanity emoticon :shrug:
:rolleyes: this has always been batteryclock don't know why but he was pretty over the clock crew by the time i got here
:deadhorse: upon a return to the clock crew, tonymontanaclock continued to make "dodgerclock is fat" jokes; dodgerclock had not been seen in years and probably wasn't even that fat, but she was a girl so you know
:bbqbeef: another vanity smiley but mochaclock/bbqbeefburgerman was the type of person to turn himself into a meme and then force it
:suicide: elementsclock had a well deserved reputation for being emotionally unstable and attempting suicide on and off the forums; we keep it classy

the moral of the story is that becoming a forum smiley is often a combination of luck and being annoying. moral #2 is that :duelin: is the only smiley you really need.

:fifen: here's orangeclock holding a "5"
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

I've been noticing I've been more annoying than usual, lately, mostly because I still check the forums erryday and with less people posting, it looks like I'm turning into a BB10 lastpost factory

can my emoticon be me drinking vodka and jerking my numb peen into a pleasureless orgasm

BilliardBall10

Quote from: VCRClock on April 21, 2017, 09:33:20 PM
a brief history of modifications to clock crew smilies
[epic list...]
thats a really nice list and i like the information that is shown in it, yet:
WHO created all the ~2005 CC-themed (orange)clock-shaped emoticons?
all i know is that silver clock created the majority of our (recent and older) emoticons/forum-event awards...

he even created this:
:furry2: I can't seem to find the thread, but this variation on :furry: was created because billiardball10 once sent a pm to another member asking them to buy furry doujins for him because they wouldn't ship to his address or something. being immortalized in this way isn't exactly an honor
yeah, i know the story well...
i wanted to get a cool doushinji comic, but the seller wasnt shipping to greece(only for USA), so i tried to ask from abbazabba clock to help me in a PM.
sadly, he didnt know the concept of ''private'' in the private message, and he decided to share all the info with everyone else. (AKA=he did it for the lolz)

with that beind said, i wasnt exactly a ''furry'', but rather a doushinji comic merchant. that is, i bought various comics, and i sold them to furries/to hentai lovers. it was a good business plan.

and to be fair, i like this emoticon. silver clock did a nice work with this one.

:bio: biologicalclock may soon be the first clock to hit retirement age. i hear he was in his 40s when he was involved with the clock crew prior to when i joined in 2005. especially by contrast, he was probably a lot more level-headed and mature than most of the people then hanging around here. seemed like a natural variation on :tophat:
oh man, biological clock is certainly an interesting person.
i wonder, how old is he now? and does he still remember us?

:queer: insomniaclock was maybe one of the earliest flamboyantly gay clock crew members, and this smiley dates from an era, and time in many of our collective lives, when gay jokes seemed funnier
hmmm, i really believe that its not wrong to make cool gay jokes, as long as they respect the gay person, and as long as they are done with a good taste/with good intentions...

i personally hate the ''political correctness'' that is shoved down in our throats nowadays.

i mean, if we stop making jokes/friendly comedic shows about a [specific group], in order to ''protect it'', then its as if this [specific group] is UNABLE to understand humour, or to laugh/think/process anything correctly.
and thats WAY worse than making a (good-natured) joke about it:
because humour+art will be the first step into including a group with the rest of the world, imho.

hatred and bigotry should be stopped, but free thinking/quality humour/good-natured humour should be allowed.

i mean, i said a funny gay joke/pun to my (gay) cousin, and he liked it alot.
whats with all this ''political correct'' thing? its very stupid.

:zoom: at some point we found a post on an internet forum about scooters or motorcycles where a poster was saying he used to call himself plumclock. in his honor, the zoom smiley, which originally depicted orangeclock like everyhing else, was recolored to depict plumclock
what is a zoom smiley?
and this is a cool scooter emoticon.

:soups: vanity emoticon :shrug:
ah, i know this one. soup clock did it when he was a s(o)uper moderator (sic), and i think it resembled his animated sequence of rolling soup clock, either from the movie ''broken clocks'', or from his sig ''soup-clock: a drug against war''.

:rolleyes: this has always been batteryclock don't know why but he was pretty over the clock crew by the time i got here
say, why did battery clock leave the CC? an old clock told me that he was a good person. is this true?

:deadhorse: upon a return to the clock crew, tonymontanaclock continued to make "dodgerclock is fat" jokes; dodgerclock had not been seen in years and probably wasn't even that fat, but she was a girl so you know
aha, i see. thats very interesting.
i wonder, did anyone ever see dodger clock from an irl photo? if not, then how did the people of CC knew that she was fat?(unless it was a clever case of throw-a-random-shot-and-win...)

still, some older clocks told me that dodgerclock was a very unlikeable, annoying person. hmm.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

BilliardBall10

also: whoever makes a clock emoticon of BB10 wielding a sword, i will give him a GREAT reward.

note: only if the emoticon is good/cool (or animated, even tho its not necessary).

GreyClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on April 22, 2017, 06:35:18 PMyeah, i know the story well...
i wanted to get a cool doushinji comic, but the seller wasnt shipping to greece(only for USA), so i tried to ask from abbazabba clock to help me in a PM.
sadly, he didnt know the concept of ''private'' in the private message, and he decided to share all the info with everyone else. (AKA=he did it for the lolz)

with that beind said, i wasnt exactly a ''furry'', but rather a doushinji comic merchant. that is, i bought various comics, and i sold them to furries/to hentai lovers. it was a good business plan.
lmfao how did I miss this? I'll have to remember that, "I'm just a merchant." You're a furry dude. Everybody, come look at the furry. Ha ha, holy god. You watch According to Jim in that fursuit?

BilliardBall10

nope.

i was a doushinji merchant, and i was good at it for a while.
it was a good idea.

as for the FR community,
i used to be a lurker on various sites(of that subject), but i stopped visiting those places, because the whole genre is disturbing, at best.

as for a fursuit, only pervs wear those, and im no perv.(im a balanced slightly insane man).

lastly, according to jim is a good show. like i said, its a matter of taste.

oh, and my offer still stands:

whoever makes a clock emoticon of BB10 wielding a sword, i will give him a GREAT reward.

note: only if the emoticon is good/cool (or animated, even tho its not necessary).

RobClock

definitely not a furry

BilliardBall10

Quote from: RobClock on April 23, 2017, 04:49:05 PM
definitely not a furry
[rob's bullshit]

just because i like the work of various artists, that doesnt make me a furry. (also 70% of DA are bloody furries, its inevitable for me to stumble to an acquintance/a friend/a contact that will draw furry artwork, or that he/she will be (to some extent) a furry.)

BTW, whats your purpose in this thread, bob?
to be a jerk? if so, good 4 you.