Register

Author Topic: Give me your Blizzard names  (Read 2067 times)

Slurpee

• I sure xylophone do I xylophone
  • Official Clock
  • Slurpee Posts: 3522
  • One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Give me your Blizzard names
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 02:21:33 PM »
They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe.
how dare you he is perfect

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: GreyClock
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »
MMORPGs at first glance seem really cool and immersive and there's lots to do and whatever, but when you're actually playing it goddamn. I tried WoW for two months recently and, shit... Fuck the invisible walls, the nonsensical parameters, the inane requirements... Maybe my wants are too high for what's currently technologically even possible (general escapism, living out my Lord of the Rings exploring ranger fantasies*), or maybe I'm just impatient (even though I'm anything butt), but my main problem is that I can't enjoy a zone for what it is... Western Plaguelands is a good example: the quests are fun, the story is fun, the atmosphere is fun. At the same time there's so much other stuff you could be doing, so you're still rushing it. Found a cool little corner with a little house and a dock? Who cares? Go go go! My reputation with the Lizardmen of Dingleberry Crag is not yet at Exalted. I could be levelling my professions (in fact there's a vein right there... oh there's another... and another...), Midsummer is almost over, Darkmoon Faire is around the corner. Don't forget to battle the pets, run the dungeon, fist myself... Then you're level 100 (I refused to pay full price for an expansion two months before a new one, and fuck pre-order because I'm probably not even going to be playing anymore in August (good call)). Better upgrade them items! I need a Garrison for that... oh it's slow as all hell and even though this should be the time to rush off to The Hinterlands and explore and quest and have fun I still need to be back in my timesink Garrison every damn day to mine, give out work orders, run the patrols (or whatever they were called) if I want to make any progress. You want to upgrade that axe? Well you need 126 buckets of liquefied dogbrain for that, but you didn't build the appropriate sweatshop at first, and now that you did, you can only get one bucket per day max through some tedious process.

Every aspect of the game can be represented by a bar, going from 0% to 100%. Questing, levelling, exploring, pokemonning, gearing, whatever. "That's true GreyClock, but just ignore that and enjoy [whatever]." I can't. You can't unring that bell. I might as well program a game that requires me to push the 'G' key 34,325 times for a bar to fill up from 0% to 100%.

So no, you can't have my Blizzard name.

*I was thinking about Christian heaven the other day and how boring it would be. Instead I would like to be a God-king warrior poet in an infinite fantasy world of forests, plains, rivers, lakes and seas. I would be an architect, a mason, a sculptor. A blacksmith, a jeweler, an illuminator. I would build cities, and raze them. I would wander through endless lands cleaving foes and "cleaving"your mom. Actually that would probably also just get boring. An infinity of nothing ho!

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • Ghosts: 1
    • Newgrounds: PhantomCat
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 03:41:41 PM »
It looks like the reason you didn't enjoy Western Plaguelands was in you and not in the game

what's your MUME and RetroMUD names, Grey?

zl

• Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: ZombieLincoln
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Undead Clock of the Year AAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 04:06:12 PM »
Every aspect of the game can be represented by a bar, going from 0% to 100%. Questing, levelling, exploring, pokemonning, gearing, whatever.

http://progressquest.com/
<a href="http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf</a>

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Clocktopus

• i am jim nicknamed slim jim
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: Clocktopus
  • Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 04:14:22 AM »
give me your blizzard names

Clocktopus

• Official Clock
  • Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 04:20:17 AM »
They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe.
how dare you he is perfect

he was then they nerfed him ):

Clocktopus

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 04:34:01 AM »
poly is the only cool one in this thread

PolyhedronClock

• the bad guys
  • Official Clock
  • One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 01:22:18 AM »
seconding that statement

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 03:12:17 AM »
http://progressquest.com/

okay but https://candybox2.github.io/candybox/ i unironically liked this game

and before you get a cookie clicker, it SPOILER has a ending

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:30 AM »

zl

• Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: ZombieLincoln
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Undead Clock of the Year AAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
whoops, I mean https://candybox2.github.io

Yeah I really enjoyed that one too.

Have you tried http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/ though? Top-notch stuff.
<a href="http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf</a>

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »
what have you done to me

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 04:36:36 PM »
And me... I've been playing that game for 3 hours now.

Clocktopus

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
candy box is a classic but it becomes an annoying grind

Clocktopus

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
who remembers kingdom of loathing that game was fun i wouldnt know where to begin though now if i returned

Clocktopus

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
i remember i found out dwarfinator still plays neopets

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: gaydadbuttfag
  • Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2010 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations
    • View Profile
    • Flounderman Enterprises LLC
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
who remembers kingdom of loathing that game was fun i wouldnt know where to begin though now if i returned
there's a standalone single player rpg on switch now. I don't know if it's good and I never really played KoL but it looks fun and funny. it seems to keep the spirit of the game judging by screenshots.