News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Give me your Blizzard names

Farted by Clocktopus, August 16, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clocktopus

Let’s play WoW and Overwatch or chat about our feelings or ignore each other

OctoSandwich#1115

RobClock

WoW hasnt been good in like eight years, and Overwatch was never good. Why are you still playing?

PhantomCatClock

PolyhedronClock

PhantomCatClock

i'd post mine but it isn't just ones and fives and i don't want everyone to think i'm a fuckin' loser

NintendrCkolc

I'm playing WoW currently like an idiot.

Clocktopus

Quote from: RobClock on August 25, 2018, 04:09:07 PM
WoW hasnt been good in like eight years, and Overwatch was never good. Why are you still playing?

Both are super fun. I love Overwatch, it's a really well made game and super expressive and pretty. And Wow's newest expansion is great, and running dungeons and raids with a guild has always been fun, I don't know what you are on about. The only drop in quality was Draenor, Legion is my favorite expansion. I love all the quality of life improvements they have made over the years.

Do you play either?

PhantomCatClock

I'm having fun in the current expansion, but I'm still cautious because I loved Draenor when it first dropped, too, and later realized that all the quests it shipped with were great, they just had nothing good to back it up after 6.0 and BfA is the same team that did WoD

also the alliance opening cutscene where Jaina goes back to Kul'tiras is like 3D sonic games level of "OH! THERE IS SO MUCH DRAMA AND EVERYTHING FOREVER WAS MY FAULT" but that's okay because i don't like jaina anyway

RobClock

Overwatch reeks of corporate cynicism to me. After spending a decade attempting to craft a genre re-defining thing of some description, the project falls apart and it’s time to recoup loses! How do? Clone an extremely popular game, and sell it with waifus. It also has the most crowded/claustrophobic HUD of any first person shooter I’ve ever seen. Insofar as I have been able to tell it’s also got a community about on par with LoL in terms of raw intelligence.

I played WoW for ten years, the game is a joke now. You couldn’t pay me to give Legion a chance. I did not enjoy the process of so-called ‘quality of life improvements’ stripping away every RPG feature of the game, nor do I appreciate how streamlined the questing/dungeons/raids have become. I don’t like that when I stopped playing half my spellbook had gone missing and I had like a three button rotation. Least significantly to most, the writing has gone to absolute shit. When you’re breaking the rules of the universe to recycle villains from 20 years ago, it’s time to pack it in.

PhantomCatClock

I'm so used to the shitty forums that when I see a post criticizing WoW, I kind of roll my eyes and get ready, but those are pretty real dings against how it's been lately. I still like it because I am a knuckle-dragging troglodyte, but not one thing you mentioned has been changed except to take it even further than Legion. If you had any other criticisms we'd have us a talk, you and I (and probably a game time card)

oh there's new kinds of alcohol in the game (like a ton) and fishing is still fishing.

Clocktopus

Quote from: RobClock on August 28, 2018, 04:33:16 AM
Overwatch reeks of corporate cynicism to me. After spending a decade attempting to craft a genre re-defining thing of some description, the project falls apart and it’s time to recoup loses! How do? Clone an extremely popular game, and sell it with waifus. It also has the most crowded/claustrophobic HUD of any first person shooter I’ve ever seen. Insofar as I have been able to tell it’s also got a community about on par with LoL in terms of raw intelligence.

I played WoW for ten years, the game is a joke now. You couldn’t pay me to give Legion a chance. I did not enjoy the process of so-called ‘quality of life improvements’ stripping away every RPG feature of the game, nor do I appreciate how streamlined the questing/dungeons/raids have become. I don’t like that when I stopped playing half my spellbook had gone missing and I had like a three button rotation. Least significantly to most, the writing has gone to absolute shit. When you’re breaking the rules of the universe to recycle villains from 20 years ago, it’s time to pack it in.

None of your complaints about Overwatch even mention gameplay. It's a fucking fun game, who cares if it has a couple cute girls in it and who cares how development has changed. They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe. It's a constantly updated, well made, well designed game. And what game communities have intelligent people in it? People are stupid all over. I've made many friends playing that game.

WoW is certainly different now but it's still really fun. The questing experience is really good this expansion and there's a whole lot to do. Early WoW was a draggggg, it had so many problems, everything about it was so slow and it was such a grind. Traveling was slow and boring, most of the traveling during leveling you had to do by foot and then you got your first mount at 40 that added 60% movement speed. God damn, just thinking about running through The Barrens is giving me major PTSD. By quality of life improvements I mean how mounts, pets, toys, and everything is cross character instead of taking up slots in your inventory, hunters no longer have to buy ammo and their pets no longer run away, LFG (without it getting into dungeons took forever and sometimes wasn't even worth it if nobody knew what they were doing, it was a pain in the ass,) raiding not being tiered. Vanilla Wow was just not user friendly, at all. New WoW is straightforward, balanced and streamlined which I like. Somebody else could probably explain better since I don't have a good memory but yeah. Seriously, you couldn't be PAID to play it now?

Clocktopus

And why aren't you Ice Block anymore. What the fuck is a Rob?

RobClock

Quote from: OctopusClock on August 28, 2018, 09:12:59 AM
And why aren't you Ice Block anymore. What the fuck is a Rob?

When slurpee was elected admin he PM’d me and told me he would permaban me if I didn’t change my name. I made a list of about 20 names and posted a thread asking which one I should be, and was informed they were all taken. Then I put a clock on a drawing of my own face because I’ve got all the creative talent of a damp cloth.

RobClock

Clocktopus

I couldn't be paid to spend hours looking for zhevra hooves again.

clamclock

Quote from: OctopusClock on August 28, 2018, 08:02:28 AM
Quote from: RobClock on August 28, 2018, 04:33:16 AM

None of your complaints about Overwatch even mention gameplay. It's a fucking fun game, who cares if it has a couple cute girls in it and who cares how development has changed. They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe. It's a constantly updated, well made, well designed game. And what game communities have intelligent people in it? People are stupid all over. I've made many friends playing that game.

WoW is certainly different now but it's still really fun. The questing experience is really good this expansion and there's a whole lot to do. Early WoW was a draggggg, it had so many problems, everything about it was so slow and it was such a grind. Traveling was slow and boring, most of the traveling during leveling you had to do by foot and then you got your first mount at 40 that added 60% movement speed. God damn, just thinking about running through The Barrens is giving me major PTSD. By quality of life improvements I mean how mounts, pets, toys, and everything is cross character instead of taking up slots in your inventory, hunters no longer have to buy ammo and their pets no longer run away, LFG (without it getting into dungeons took forever and sometimes wasn't even worth it if nobody knew what they were doing, it was a pain in the ass,) raiding not being tiered. Vanilla Wow was just not user friendly, at all. New WoW is straightforward, balanced and streamlined which I like. Somebody else could probably explain better since I don't have a good memory but yeah. Seriously, you couldn't be PAID to play it now?
I agree with Octopus here.
Its a good game, and if you dont like linear games or easy quests, you can play Castlevania or something
<(L)>

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

overwatch is just tf2 with a scifi anime aesthetic but that's not a bad thing by itself. duke nukem 3d was just doom with a 80s action hero pastiche and that was good. I guess if I cared more about world of starcraft or whatever it was gonna be I would be disappointed, but I never liked MMOs. I'd rather just play a single player rpg, or one with only a few people in your party and you play through a campaign like that. even then only if it's mostly linear like diablo. if it's nonlinear I just wanna fuck around on my own.

RobClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on August 28, 2018, 07:20:41 PM
duke nukem 3d was just doom with a 80s action hero pastiche
I take a great deal of umbrage with this statement

NintendrCkolc

Overwatch is just too repetitive and too random for any sort of serious competitive play. I know people still try, and I could see myself doing the same, but the frustration from a lack of balance and ult spam just kinda dampens the idea for me. On top of this, there are only so many games of tug and war I can play before the monotony of it makes me want to break my mouse.

WoW on the other hand, has indeed been casualized (talent trees, certain stats, etc)  but has also been modernized in many respects that make it feel at least somewhat fresh. The WQ mechanic (which reeks of destiny but whatever) is a nice addition and contributes to the usual grindy treadmill in a familiar but intuitive way. It also adds some socialization to a game that was, at times, anything but due to the introduction of dungeon finder and other tools that speed things up instead of forcing players to group up to tackle a challenge. As others have said the questing is far more engaging than in previous xpacs and the story isn't as bad as I expected it to be (so far). Legion actually seemed pretty decent in this regard (despite Illidan sort of feeling out of place somehow) and the recent cutscenes and cinematics that blizzard has been producing are pretty decent as well and kinda help to, if nothing else, make the world a place I get excited to see. If there was literally ANYTHING else out there that had the same carrot on a stick type of gameplay that WoW has then I'd probably be playing that but at this point, for this type of game, I don't see myself playing anything else of getting as invested.

RenegadeClock

I don't have a Blizzard name but if I did it would be NecroIceFox6ix9ine#1