News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Give me your Blizzard names

Farted by Clocktopus, August 16, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

Quote from: OctopusClock on August 28, 2018, 08:02:28 AM
They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe.
how dare you he is perfect

GreyClock

MMORPGs at first glance seem really cool and immersive and there's lots to do and whatever, but when you're actually playing it goddamn. I tried WoW for two months recently and, shit... Fuck the invisible walls, the nonsensical parameters, the inane requirements... Maybe my wants are too high for what's currently technologically even possible (general escapism, living out my Lord of the Rings exploring ranger fantasies*), or maybe I'm just impatient (even though I'm anything butt), but my main problem is that I can't enjoy a zone for what it is... Western Plaguelands is a good example: the quests are fun, the story is fun, the atmosphere is fun. At the same time there's so much other stuff you could be doing, so you're still rushing it. Found a cool little corner with a little house and a dock? Who cares? Go go go! My reputation with the Lizardmen of Dingleberry Crag is not yet at Exalted. I could be levelling my professions (in fact there's a vein right there... oh there's another... and another...), Midsummer is almost over, Darkmoon Faire is around the corner. Don't forget to battle the pets, run the dungeon, fist myself... Then you're level 100 (I refused to pay full price for an expansion two months before a new one, and fuck pre-order because I'm probably not even going to be playing anymore in August (good call)). Better upgrade them items! I need a Garrison for that... oh it's slow as all hell and even though this should be the time to rush off to The Hinterlands and explore and quest and have fun I still need to be back in my timesink Garrison every damn day to mine, give out work orders, run the patrols (or whatever they were called) if I want to make any progress. You want to upgrade that axe? Well you need 126 buckets of liquefied dogbrain for that, but you didn't build the appropriate sweatshop at first, and now that you did, you can only get one bucket per day max through some tedious process.

Every aspect of the game can be represented by a bar, going from 0% to 100%. Questing, levelling, exploring, pokemonning, gearing, whatever. "That's true GreyClock, but just ignore that and enjoy [whatever]." I can't. You can't unring that bell. I might as well program a game that requires me to push the 'G' key 34,325 times for a bar to fill up from 0% to 100%.

So no, you can't have my Blizzard name.

*I was thinking about Christian heaven the other day and how boring it would be. Instead I would like to be a God-king warrior poet in an infinite fantasy world of forests, plains, rivers, lakes and seas. I would be an architect, a mason, a sculptor. A blacksmith, a jeweler, an illuminator. I would build cities, and raze them. I would wander through endless lands cleaving foes and "cleaving"your mom. Actually that would probably also just get boring. An infinity of nothing ho!

PhantomCatClock

It looks like the reason you didn't enjoy Western Plaguelands was in you and not in the game

what's your MUME and RetroMUD names, Grey?

zl

Quote from: GreyClock on August 29, 2018, 01:45:01 PMEvery aspect of the game can be represented by a bar, going from 0% to 100%. Questing, levelling, exploring, pokemonning, gearing, whatever.

http://progressquest.com/

Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Quote from: Slurpee on August 29, 2018, 01:21:33 PM
Quote from: OctopusClock on August 28, 2018, 08:02:28 AM
They also have fucking Roadhog the ugliest fucker in the universe.
how dare you he is perfect

he was then they nerfed him ):

Clocktopus

poly is the only cool one in this thread

PolyhedronClock

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

zl

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

And me... I've been playing that game for 3 hours now.

Clocktopus

candy box is a classic but it becomes an annoying grind

Clocktopus

who remembers kingdom of loathing that game was fun i wouldnt know where to begin though now if i returned

Clocktopus

i remember i found out dwarfinator still plays neopets

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: OctopusClock on September 08, 2018, 01:55:33 PM
who remembers kingdom of loathing that game was fun i wouldnt know where to begin though now if i returned
there's a standalone single player rpg on switch now. I don't know if it's good and I never really played KoL but it looks fun and funny. it seems to keep the spirit of the game judging by screenshots.