News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Clock Crew Political Roundtable

Farted by zl, September 18, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zl

Hard-hitting political journalism demands the kind of determined commentary only the Clock Crew can provide. The CCPR will escape the groupthink, check the sources, and figure out the implications of the stories that shape our societies.

Let's get started. Here's today's topic.

VCRClock

I just fixed your link, didn't change anything

it doesn't really matter what bernie sanders' dick looks like, everyone still wants to succ
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Clocktopus

Bernie Sanders dick looks like Ganondorf.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

hillary clinton's dick looks like ridley from the nes game right down to the pixels but you don't hear anyone talking about that. is there illegal media and government collusion to keep stories about her scaley purple dick out of the news, and out of the whitehouse? investigative reporter Lucas Reginald Ahkmed Von Flounderman says, yes. after a three hour interview behind an applebees dumpster his anonymous inside source had this to say:

Quote"look across the street at the bus stop. keeps looking at me. he can read my mind. he's the one who mugged me in my sleep I just know it. he's gonna to steal my kidneys. and my coke. he's got my dick. and my pussy in that fucking traders joes bag look it's right there! he has my coke right now I can see it in his eyes he's fucking taunting me. sipping his fucking bubble tea. fucking shit. FUCK. imma stab his balls. imma fukkn stab im"

before being hit by a car trying to cross a busy four-way intersection diagonally the anonymous tipster described a well organized and near subliminal international media campaign reaching all the way to masahiro sakurai.

Quote"basically she wanted to put her dick in the white house. but it's in smash bros instead."

the scheme began in the year 2000. as bill clinton prepared to exit office he and his cabinet grew increasingly worried. hillary clearly had aim to run for office after gore. in a seedy bathhouse in trump towers north korea our source was told by the president himself via blistering saxophone solo:

Quote(translated) "I am not going to be first lady fuck that I did not run that farmfuck shithole of a state for a decade and climb my way to the top so I could be remembered as 'first lady' and the moment she gets elected she'll never suck my dick again"

this led to a meeting between the two of them and masahiro sakurai. after the traditional satanic rituals and social pleasantries were concluded a plan was hatched and a bargain was made. in exchange for 3.7 american dollars sakurai promised his assistance in the matter through his media connections and uncle who worked for nintendo
Quoteaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaäaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaäaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaäaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

-CNN

PhantomCatClock

please keep all slurpeeposts to the ccbt thank you

zl

Okay today's topic is the contested confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, and specifically the question of whether the accusation of attempted rape should affect his chances even if it is not (or cannot) be proven.

I've been reading some outrage about this. "Anyone can hurl an accusation, and if that's enough to cancel an appointment then nobody can get confirmed! This sets a dangerous precedent."

I think it's reasonable for the level of evidence required to make a decision to be proportionate to the scale of the proposed punishment, and that is generally how our legal system is set up.

For a criminal case, we're looking to charge somebody with a crime, which might come with fines, probation, or jail time, and can permanently affect their employability and civil rights. In these trials, we presume everyone is innocent until proven guilty and demand a case where guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That's a higher bar than almost anything else you'll decide in life, even the most important decisions you make. Should I marry this person? Should I have a child? You might say "yes" even with reasonable doubts, if you feel the pros outweigh the cons.

That brings us to civil court, where the stakes are lowered - generally we're arbitrating the terms of a contract, deciding who owes what to whom. In these cases we ask for a preponderance of evidence to make our decision - in other words, whatever side seems more likely. This is how we make most decisions in life - weigh the two sides as best as we can, and then choose the weightier one.

Okay. But despite the fact that attempted rape is a crime, the accusation against Brett Kavanaugh is not part of a criminal case. We're not pursuing conviction. It's also not a civil case - we're not pursuing compensation for emotional damages. This is a job interview.

Job interviews also have a legal structure, but as the punishment is simply not getting the job the requirements for making the decision are lower than criminal or civil trials. The law prohibits bias against protected classes - you cannot legally decide to not hire someone because they are black, for instance. Otherwise, you can base your decision on whatever assessment you make of their competency, character, trustworthiness, and ability to work with your team. If you suspect, after the interview, that this person might not work very hard in their job, you can decline them. Especially if it's an important role in your company, you might choose not to select someone for small or unlikely grievances.

And that's where this accusation comes into play. It's not an entirely baseless accusation - it comes with a detailed description of events, evidence of being discussed in therapy years ago, and is coming from a person who seems reasonably reliable (and has had this quality attested to). Brett denies it, but we've seen him squirm and arguably mislead in his answers during the interview, so maybe we don't consider it impossible that he'd lie about this.

Is it okay for this accusation to be the "tipping point" that leads to passing on Kavanaugh? It absolutely is, no matter what percentage you put on the possibility that he attempted rape. It's okay to say that that, when hiring for this position, even a slight suspicion of sexual assault will weigh against you. That's fine when hiring a fast food worker. That's definitely fine when hiring a supreme court justice. This person will impact the law of the land regarding the rights of all women.

In conclusion, lets ditch this nerd and hire somebody better.

PhantomCatClock

i think we should ditch that nerd and hire someone better and that's what i think about that

Slurpee

I think the question is irrelevant. in light of the recent evidence, the entire last two years of executive decisions should be annulled, and that especially includes nomination for judicial appointment, period. these people are in charge of interpreting the highest law in the land. the American people had no idea that this was going on, and there's no other circumstances on earth in which something like this could be have been happening in secret and the outcome of decisions resulting from that deception would be treated as legitimate. at this point, it's not a question of politics, it's a question of government, and if we don't show solidarity here we're just opening up ourselves up to it happening all over again

NintendrCkolc

I wonder what Kevanaugh's penis looks like

Clocktopus

https://youtu.be/G5n7aU5XuyY

Fucking moron can't answer a fucking question. Trump sure knows how to pick em.

PhantomCatClock

miracle fruit

Quote from: zl on September 20, 2018, 05:17:40 AM
Okay today's topic is the contested confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, and specifically the question of whether the accusation of attempted rape should affect his chances even if it is not (or cannot) be proven.

I've been reading some outrage about this. "Anyone can hurl an accusation, and if that's enough to cancel an appointment then nobody can get confirmed! This sets a dangerous precedent."

I think it's reasonable for the level of evidence required to make a decision to be proportionate to the scale of the proposed punishment, and that is generally how our legal system is set up.

For a criminal case, we're looking to charge somebody with a crime, which might come with fines, probation, or jail time, and can permanently affect their employability and civil rights. In these trials, we presume everyone is innocent until proven guilty and demand a case where guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That's a higher bar than almost anything else you'll decide in life, even the most important decisions you make. Should I marry this person? Should I have a child? You might say "yes" even with reasonable doubts, if you feel the pros outweigh the cons.

That brings us to civil court, where the stakes are lowered - generally we're arbitrating the terms of a contract, deciding who owes what to whom. In these cases we ask for a preponderance of evidence to make our decision - in other words, whatever side seems more likely. This is how we make most decisions in life - weigh the two sides as best as we can, and then choose the weightier one.

Okay. But despite the fact that attempted rape is a crime, the accusation against Brett Kavanaugh is not part of a criminal case. We're not pursuing conviction. It's also not a civil case - we're not pursuing compensation for emotional damages. This is a job interview.

Job interviews also have a legal structure, but as the punishment is simply not getting the job the requirements for making the decision are lower than criminal or civil trials. The law prohibits bias against protected classes - you cannot legally decide to not hire someone because they are black, for instance. Otherwise, you can base your decision on whatever assessment you make of their competency, character, trustworthiness, and ability to work with your team. If you suspect, after the interview, that this person might not work very hard in their job, you can decline them. Especially if it's an important role in your company, you might choose not to select someone for small or unlikely grievances.

And that's where this accusation comes into play. It's not an entirely baseless accusation - it comes with a detailed description of events, evidence of being discussed in therapy years ago, and is coming from a person who seems reasonably reliable (and has had this quality attested to). Brett denies it, but we've seen him squirm and arguably mislead in his answers during the interview, so maybe we don't consider it impossible that he'd lie about this.

Is it okay for this accusation to be the "tipping point" that leads to passing on Kavanaugh? It absolutely is, no matter what percentage you put on the possibility that he attempted rape. It's okay to say that that, when hiring for this position, even a slight suspicion of sexual assault will weigh against you. That's fine when hiring a fast food worker. That's definitely fine when hiring a supreme court justice. This person will impact the law of the land regarding the rights of all women.

In conclusion, lets ditch this nerd and hire somebody better.

id ask that u refer to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh ,  thank you

Slurpee

supreme court juice tits butt canada

Slurpee

Quote from: miracle fruit on October 06, 2018, 11:39:57 PM
id ask that u refer to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh ,  thank you
he wasn't confirmed when that was posted, dumby

Slurpee

what an idiot
what a complete fucking embarrassing waste

you fucking JOKE

Slurpee

how can you possibly fuck up something so fucking simple you TOILET

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Slurpee on June 15, 2016, 06:17:14 PM
trump doesn't even deserve to be endorsed ironically. if it weren't for the fact that that cheese doodle has no actual chance of winning I'd be taking a seriously big giant shit all over you for even thinking it, and you'd eat the shit, you gross idiot.

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on October 07, 2018, 08:02:12 PM
Quote from: Slurpee on June 15, 2016, 06:17:14 PM
trump doesn't even deserve to be endorsed ironically. if it weren't for the fact that that cheese doodle has no actual chance of winning I'd be taking a seriously big giant shit all over you for even thinking it, and you'd eat the shit, you gross idiot.
thank you quoting this hilarious and amazing thing that I said, which was also completely accurate, with the sole exception that the cheese doodle who does not even deserve to be endorsed ironically actually did go on to "win" by, negative 2.8 million votes

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Slurpee smash bros predictions btfo again proving once and for all he doesnt know anything about nintendo, politics, OR dicks. Chester Cheetah Anti Defamation League calls for violence and indiscriminate pissing in the streets until Slurpee retracts anti-snackpuff hate speech. "it aint easy being cheesy, in Slurpee clock McHitler's modern America." "the streets with will run red and yellow with our fury, mixing into a valiant orange, until our demands are met" says CHCHADL spokesperson Sunglasses Wearing Cheese Chip Mascot Guy.

Sunglasses Wearing Cheese Chip Mascot Guy was later carried off into the air screaming by a passing pigeon and later eaten.

He is survived by his widow Nacho Cheese Balls Mini Pussy

GreyClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on October 08, 2018, 02:38:38 AMHe is survived by his widow Nacho Cheese Balls Mini Pussy

Typical FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK self-proclaimed DETRIMENT to SOCIETY trying to pass off FAKE PHOTOGRAPH doctored by TRANS FAT FDA STOOGES GOOGLE INDUSTRIAL MACHINE to conceal greater TRUTH that in so-called UNITED STATES of AMERICA SUNGLASSES WEARING CHEESE CHIP MASCOT GUY is roaming streets furthering ASEXUAL TRANSFOODSTUFF AGENDA in (IN)CONVENIENCE store altering YOUTH BRAIN STRUCTURE through BIOENGINEERED CORN STARCH MIND CONTROL MACHINE