News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

I bought salsa

Farted by VCRClock, January 28, 2019, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

I bought some salsa, but I forgot that the kind of salsa I bought was one that I think is uncomfortably hot. Like if there isn't water or more salsa on my tongue right now, I'm in pain and probably not even tasting anything. Anyway, after slamming down chips and salsa nonstop until there was no salsa left in the bowl, I had to cool off. I had water, but that only helps a little because capsaicin or whatever is more like an oil that sticks to your tongue like napalm? Milk's supposed to work better, but I didn't have any milk. But I realized I had peanut butter, which is oily, and I thought I'd try eating a spoonful of peanut butter instead. Not only did it work, it's the best idea I've had in recent memory.

That's all.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

zl

5 stars, loved this recipe! I swapped out the salsa for ketchup, because husband doesn't really go for "ethnic" food. And instead of the water, I used a flat black cherry seltzer, which added an exciting, flavorful note. The recipe doesn't specify smooth or chunky peanut butter, so I went with chunky since it gave me an excuse to get out and shop for an exciting ingredient ;)! Completely agree that it makes a great milk substitute, though honestly I think I'd just go with (almond) milk next time if I have some available. For those who like to count calories, I used 2 tbs of ketchup, which only came to 35 calories, and the seltzer had none of course. The peanut butter, however, packed a walloping 260 calories! I used roughly 2 tbs, which didn't seem like much until I checked the nutritional info on the packaging. Anyhoo, that's one more reason to prefer the (almond) milk :)! Thanks to the author and happy cooking all!!!

RobClock

I bought some fried chicken from the grocery store deli today, it was marked down $2 because it was the final shelf day for it. I found it adequately tasty.

RenegadeClock

Next on Chopped

Ted, "Chefs please open your baskets for the dessert round. In there you will find: Uncomfortably hot salsa... Oily peanut butter... a 1967 Chevy Malibu radiator hose... and a small statue of a puppy made out of chocolate covered pretzels. You have 30 minutes to complete your dish!"

VCRClock

Quote from: RenegadeClock on January 29, 2019, 11:31:05 AM
Next on Chopped

Ted, "Chefs please open your baskets for the dessert round. In there you will find: Uncomfortably hot salsa... Oily peanut butter... a 1967 Chevy Malibu radiator hose... and a small statue of a puppy made out of chocolate covered pretzels. You have 30 minutes to complete your dish!"
trick question, chef, this is already a complete meal
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

JambaClock

VCRClock