News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

A message for those hangers-on

Farted by BlackberryClock, February 02, 2019, 04:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackberryClock

Hello my dudes! I was just burning the midnight oil, and I ended up back on here. I'm installing Unbuntu on an old machine, and I was messing around in my archives. I found my old Flash files (that I can't even open now). That made me a little nostalgic.

I was just reminiscing a bit. It's pretty crazy that most of us were teens when we joined, and now we're mostly in our 30s. Time keeps on moving forward and relentlessly so. Man, how old would Bio be at this point?

I was searching the forums a bit and saw MarijaunaClock posted a few years ago. Some of you may remember that I was particularly active on the politics board and for a good chunk of time moderated it. MJ and I argued a lot as he was a left/liberal and I was a borderline-religious, conservative-leaning libertarian. How times have changed. I'm basically a leftist now. Sorry if I said anything crappy to people back then, though I think I was mostly civil.

I saw DrunkMagiKoopa is dril. WTF. That is amazing. I can get how the CC/NG planted a seed for the absurdist comedy that goes over well these days. And congrats on those who kept the dream going and are working in graphics/coding/animation. I just looked at some of Munglai's new stuff, and it's amazing. I wish I knew what some of the other folks ended up doing (what does Orange do for a living? What is Strange doing?).

Sometimes I think back to all of the time I spent on the forums and all of the time I spent tinkering in Flash. What was it all for? I don't keep in contact with anyone from the CC. But I have used the programming, artistic, and graphic-design skills I acquired. That's pretty cool.

I'm living in Baltimore (hit me up) for a few more months until I move to an Indian reservation (hours from any major city) to do work there.

I hope you are all doing well and got something out of your time with the CC like I did.

Best,

PhantomCatClock

I just installed Ubuntu on an old machine and moved to Texas HELLO TWIN

NintendrCkolc

wtf I had no idea DMK was Dril. Jesus christ.

But yeah, lots of years farting on .cc

MagicClock

Funny to see this post here. Randomly was just thinking about NewGrounds and my old internet days. I was 14-15 years old when I stumbled across ClockCrew. I'm now 31. I'm wondering at this moment in time if anyone still here remembers me? Who all is still around?

Quote from: Full Metal Samuraiquicktime is an apple application, apple computers are called macs, if i\'m not mistaken, mac is short for macromedia.

GreyClock

RobClock

I was 12 years old when I signed up on this site, I am now 24. That’s half my life come August I’ll have been posting here. I don’t know if I’ve gleaned anything particularly meaningful from the forums explicitly in that time but this place and you guys are so engrained into me at this point I’d be lost if it up and vanished.

<3

NintendrCkolc

Quote from: MagicClock on February 04, 2019, 03:23:30 PM
Funny to see this post here. Randomly was just thinking about NewGrounds and my old internet days. I was 14-15 years old when I stumbled across ClockCrew. I'm now 31. I'm wondering at this moment in time if anyone still here remembers me? Who all is still around?

I remember you banning me on clockgrounds for some arbitrary reason so fuck u

GreyClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 04, 2019, 07:02:44 PM
I remember your emo hair.
Magic's, that is. Blackberry was a nice, mature dude with a photo for his avatar. Some (semi-)redheaded dude with glasses, which I always assumed was you. Was it?

BlackberryClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 05, 2019, 06:28:36 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on February 04, 2019, 07:02:44 PM
I remember your emo hair.
Magic's, that is. Blackberry was a nice, mature dude with a photo for his avatar. Some (semi-)redheaded dude with glasses, which I always assumed was you. Was it?
Hey, good memory. Actually the avatar was a character from a OrangeClock movie--that I believe was deleted--called Mr. Handcock. I think it was a teacher he had named Mr. Hancock, so the character had a penis for a hand. I just ran with it.

I found this old signature pic that used the different avatars I used:

Maybe I'll change it back.

GreyClock

Yeah, that's it. Consider my world shattered. I always figured, that dude Blackberry is at least forty... He probably has a condo and a glass coffee table and a mountain bike.

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

BlackberryClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 02, 2019, 11:22:09 AM
I just installed Ubuntu on an old machine and moved to Texas HELLO TWIN
Cool. I go to Texas at least once a year for family stuff. Hello!

I'm hoping my old laptop can be like a distraction-free word processor and not be so slow with Ubuntu. We'll see how it goes.

Quote from: RobClock on February 04, 2019, 08:06:56 PM
I was 12 years old when I signed up on this site, I am now 24. That’s half my life come August I’ll have been posting here. I don’t know if I’ve gleaned anything particularly meaningful from the forums explicitly in that time but this place and you guys are so engrained into me at this point I’d be lost if it up and vanished.

<3
Yeah, 12 is crazy young to be in the CC. Whether we can tell it or not, our life experiences color our current existence. Without it, you wouldn't be who you are now.

<3

Quote from: MagicClock on February 04, 2019, 03:23:30 PM
Shasta? Hello, it's quite a reunion.

Quote from: GreyClock on February 06, 2019, 07:28:53 PM
Yeah, that's it. Consider my world shattered. I always figured, that dude Blackberry is at least forty... He probably has a condo and a glass coffee table and a mountain bike.
Hmm, funny you should mention that. I'm actually looking into getting a glass coffee table and a mountain bike... Soon I will meet your expectations. No condo though.

Quote from: VCRClock on February 06, 2019, 11:11:13 PM
hello, remember me? i was your livejournal avatar.
Yeah, the one in the middle was made with the avatar creator and then modified. Why do you say "I was your..."?

BlackberryClock

This inspired me to look into my archives. I don't really delete anything, and I have not had a major data loss recently. I found a lot of CC stuff in there going back to 2002.

There's old swf's from various original clocks that were blammed, screen caps from notable events and CC drama, lots of audio files (CC radio ads, CC-related rapping, various voice acting), and a few chat logs among other things.

Maybe some day I will make a thread and post some.

Did someone ever archive the CC wiki?

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: BlackberryClock on February 07, 2019, 12:09:17 AM
There's old swf's from various original clocks that were blammed

I've been meaning to write software to automatically fetch "deleted" cartoons from the latest copyrighted media purge, but I've been a lazy asshole and haven't even started. Was gonna host it on Clocktopia.net if you want to throw those SWFs my way, with the author names at least.

BlackberryClock

Quote from: wavy gravy on February 09, 2019, 06:43:34 PM
When I talk to clocks after a long time, sometimes they tell me that I was mean to them in the past or that I just had a bad attitude. I hope that wasn't the case with you. If so, ten thousand apologies, and nothing but love.

<3
Heh, you know, not seeing people's faces or interacting with them in person really limits your ability to truly assess their personality. Even still, we get a decently developed ideas of what people are like based on how they act on the forum over years.

For CC members, we could make a two-axis plot with nice-mean on the horizontal and stable-erratic on the vertical. Erratic being the kind of high-output spammy type consistent with classic Clock aesthetic. Some clocks I found incredible nice and stable (Bio, Strange, FU, oskoo, Leek) others mean and stable (Onion, SpriteRemix, some of the seniors), and others erratic and mean (Grey, Frogbag lol).  From my recollection, I think you would be a neutral to slight nice of center on the horizontal and erratic on the vertical.

Clocktopus

Quote from: wavy gravy on February 09, 2019, 06:43:34 PM
When I talk to clocks after a long time, sometimes they tell me that I was mean to them in the past or that I just had a bad attitude. I hope that wasn't the case with you. If so, ten thousand apologies, and nothing but love.

<3

you were always nice to me and bedclock

Clocktopus

I joined here when I was 13 as Egg Timer Clock and I was such a fucking idiot and everybody hated me. Good times.

edit: 2019 posts, I'll see you next year

GreyClock

I'm neither mean, nor erratic you ignorant pigfucker abu du du da du da du. A whee a whee wom. Proot proot.

BlackberryClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 13, 2019, 05:33:50 PM
I'm neither mean, nor erratic you ignorant pigfucker abu du du da du da du. A whee a whee wom. Proot proot.
haha
:thumbs:

VCRClock

had no idea videogamedunkey = meatwadsprite, that is surprising
Quote from: IronClock on February 20, 2019, 03:19:09 AM
There were members I probably should not have associated myself with (you know you are)
hey fuck you buddy
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew