News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

A message for those hangers-on

Farted by BlackberryClock, February 02, 2019, 04:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patriotclock

do you have the hotel California .swf tho?

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: IronClock on February 20, 2019, 03:19:09 AMhas anyone noticed that the word trolling has completely lost its original meaning? Based on my experience here, the concept of trolling revolves around misrepresenting oneself to get a rise out of people. That entire notion originated on NG and CC, didn't it? And has anyone found this to be somewhat of a superpower in situations where people have tried to troll you? Sorry, going off on a tangent here.
the term dates back all the way to usenet. it comes from the word "trawling". fishing for a reaction so to speak. and even before that people have been "trawling" for extreme reactions from people for their own amusement since the dawn of human culture. the clock crew did however invent the concept of art itself. nobody even understood how to draw a dick in the sand before B came around. strawberryclock brought creativity to humanity as prometheus brought us fire.

screwdriver_clock

It's really awesome going through and reading these posts. It's these quiet, lonely nights that come up from time to time which draw me back in here.. like a lot of folks said, I think CC was just that panacea to the misery that adolescence and life can throw at you. Even the people who were assholes here are people who I remember fondly, and tbh? While I can't relate to a lot of the content I made or consumed, and can't say I'm near the same person as I was before, I'm glad to have known all of you the way I did.

thanks <3

zl

BlackberryClock

Quote from: PatriotClock on February 20, 2019, 04:34:11 PM
Check it:
http://clockcrew.net/talk/index.php?topic=104874.msg1985670#msg1985670
Quote from: Slurpee on February 21, 2019, 12:46:17 AM
hi
heloo

Quote from: ScrewdriverClock on February 25, 2019, 08:48:13 PM
It's really awesome going through and reading these posts. It's these quiet, lonely nights that come up from time to time which draw me back in here.. like a lot of folks said, I think CC was just that panacea to the misery that adolescence and life can throw at you. Even the people who were assholes here are people who I remember fondly, and tbh? While I can't relate to a lot of the content I made or consumed, and can't say I'm near the same person as I was before, I'm glad to have known all of you the way I did.

thanks <3
^___^

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: BlackberryClock on March 01, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
Check it:
damn that was a nostalgia trip. I like the depiction of hell with the melting clocks after he gets pulled down into the void.

VCRClock

quoting this for context because post is deleted
Quote from: IronClock on February 20, 2019, 03:19:09 AM
I just recovered one of my accounts on Reddit and had forgotten that I was mod of /r/theclockcrew (it's more dead there than here btw) and wandered back over here.

Quote from: BlackberryClock on February 02, 2019, 04:07:37 AMI saw DrunkMagiKoopa is dril. WTF. That is amazing.

I'm not sure if this is just as mind blowing but does everyone know that videogamedunkey is meatwadsprite? What surprised me even more is his appearance. I met him while working PAX and he is not what I had imagined... He's such a soft spoken dude!

There are other little discoveries I've made here and there over the years but I can't recall them at the moment. I do know that a lot of early NG peeps have gone on to be successful in various corners of the internet and the animation and gaming industry. I find it a little humbling knowing that we all sort of have the same online roots.

When I joined the CC in 2006, I tried to make myself known within the community. Not to dive into any personal details, but the CC was all I had at the time (this seems to have been a theme with some of our members). I craved acceptance. There were plenty of reasons behind this and I'm sure some of us can relate. It brought me a lot of happiness at a time when I needed it the most. There were members I probably should not have associated myself with (you know you are), but it was still such an excellent learning experience.

I'm about to turn 28 now and the CC has shaped who I am in countless aspects. I've done my best to grow out of all the negative traits that I attributed to my experience here, but the sense of humor is still there. Random but sort of related : has anyone noticed that the word trolling has completely lost its original meaning? Based on my experience here, the concept of trolling revolves around misrepresenting oneself to get a rise out of people. That entire notion originated on NG and CC, didn't it? And has anyone found this to be somewhat of a superpower in situations where people have tried to troll you? Sorry, going off on a tangent here.

I'm not really making any sort of a point with what I'm saying. I forgot to mention that I've met some incredible people thanks to this community. You guys know you are as well. :)

And I'm not fucking Mexican, fuck off
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

The fuck? Who deleted it?

unless i did it on accident, then whoops i did not mean to

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

you're a loose cannon

but a good cop[/spoiler]

zl

I've got the cc bookmarked in a folder labeled "friends"

so now you know what I think of you

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: zl on March 03, 2019, 01:53:11 PM
I've got the cc bookmarked in a folder labeled "friends"

so now you know what I think of you

>>>>firefox
>>>bookmarks
>>friends
>clock crew
>chaturbate
>fetlife
>fetzom
>zombiebook
>wiccan objectivist fans of sonic the hedghhog geocities web ring

patriotclock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on March 01, 2019, 09:03:39 PM
Quote from: BlackberryClock on March 01, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
Check it:
damn that was a nostalgia trip. I like the depiction of hell with the melting clocks after he gets pulled down into the void.

it’s honestly a travesty it was never submitted tbh

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: PatriotClock on March 04, 2019, 03:50:42 PM

Tell people to Dark Side of the Moon it? Little blurb at the beginning that says "Open Hotel California up in youtube or your CD player or whatever and hit play in 3... 2... 1..." then just start the original flash

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 04, 2019, 04:47:39 PM
Quote from: PatriotClock on March 04, 2019, 03:50:42 PM

Tell people to Dark Side of the Moon it? Little blurb at the beginning that says "Open Hotel California up in youtube or your CD player or whatever and hit play in 3... 2... 1..." then just start the original flash

I suggested this in the thread for the flash you HACK FRAUD

Edit; I misunderstood what you meant and replied without re-reading. It would be nice to put t up on the CC YouTube channel at least with the music in it, maybe throw a trailer or promo for it up on Newgrounds?

GreyClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 04, 2019, 04:47:39 PM
That's actually pretty funny. Good idea PHANTOMCATCLOCK.

Also "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device" is a great line in Clock Crew context. Too bad nothing was done with it in favor of another goddamn stabbing.

BoltClock

God damn, how'd I miss this?

Oh, right, because I'm one of those who haven't been back.
Latest Flash: Clockmas 2019
Latest Collab: Pass The Spam Drei
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

NintendrCkolc

Didn't the LL do a Hotel California collab? It was like 15 years ago or some shit but still, it's important we maintain our originality even though the LL is officially dead.