Author Topic: A message for those hangers-on  (Read 1632 times)

PatriotClock

• Outlaw To The End
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A message for those hangers-on
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 04:34:11 PM »
do you have the hotel California .swf tho?

Slurpee

• I sure xylophone do I xylophone
  • Official Clock
  • Slurpee Posts: 3522
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 12:46:17 AM »
hi

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 11:55:35 AM »
has anyone noticed that the word trolling has completely lost its original meaning? Based on my experience here, the concept of trolling revolves around misrepresenting oneself to get a rise out of people. That entire notion originated on NG and CC, didn't it? And has anyone found this to be somewhat of a superpower in situations where people have tried to troll you? Sorry, going off on a tangent here.
the term dates back all the way to usenet. it comes from the word "trawling". fishing for a reaction so to speak. and even before that people have been "trawling" for extreme reactions from people for their own amusement since the dawn of human culture. the clock crew did however invent the concept of art itself. nobody even understood how to draw a dick in the sand before B came around. strawberryclock brought creativity to humanity as prometheus brought us fire.

ScrewdriverClock

• <FONT COLOR=\
  • Official Clock
  • Girl Status: Girl
  • For excellence in the field of excellence For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations For Creating at least one movie for the flash flood. (If you only made one you probably don't deserve this)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »
It's really awesome going through and reading these posts. It's these quiet, lonely nights that come up from time to time which draw me back in here.. like a lot of folks said, I think CC was just that panacea to the misery that adolescence and life can throw at you. Even the people who were assholes here are people who I remember fondly, and tbh? While I can't relate to a lot of the content I made or consumed, and can't say I'm near the same person as I was before, I'm glad to have known all of you the way I did.

thanks <3

BobberClock

• my name sucks
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »
lads

zl

• Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: ZombieLincoln
  • Undead Clock of the Year AAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 12:14:55 AM »
oh the lads we hads
<a href="http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf</a>

BlackberryClock

• Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: blackberry-clock
  • Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2002 Participant For having submitted at least 10 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2019, 03:41:14 PM »
Check it:
http://clockcrew.net/talk/index.php?topic=104874.msg1985670#msg1985670
hi
heloo

It's really awesome going through and reading these posts. It's these quiet, lonely nights that come up from time to time which draw me back in here.. like a lot of folks said, I think CC was just that panacea to the misery that adolescence and life can throw at you. Even the people who were assholes here are people who I remember fondly, and tbh? While I can't relate to a lot of the content I made or consumed, and can't say I'm near the same person as I was before, I'm glad to have known all of you the way I did.

thanks <3
^___^

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
Check it:
damn that was a nostalgia trip. I like the depiction of hell with the melting clocks after he gets pulled down into the void.

VCRClock

• DING DONG
  • Administrator
    • Newgrounds: vcrclock
  • For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 11:39:00 PM »
quoting this for context because post is deleted
I just recovered one of my accounts on Reddit and had forgotten that I was mod of /r/theclockcrew (it's more dead there than here btw) and wandered back over here.

I saw DrunkMagiKoopa is dril. WTF. That is amazing.

I'm not sure if this is just as mind blowing but does everyone know that videogamedunkey is meatwadsprite? What surprised me even more is his appearance. I met him while working PAX and he is not what I had imagined... He's such a soft spoken dude!

There are other little discoveries I've made here and there over the years but I can't recall them at the moment. I do know that a lot of early NG peeps have gone on to be successful in various corners of the internet and the animation and gaming industry. I find it a little humbling knowing that we all sort of have the same online roots.

When I joined the CC in 2006, I tried to make myself known within the community. Not to dive into any personal details, but the CC was all I had at the time (this seems to have been a theme with some of our members). I craved acceptance. There were plenty of reasons behind this and I'm sure some of us can relate. It brought me a lot of happiness at a time when I needed it the most. There were members I probably should not have associated myself with (you know you are), but it was still such an excellent learning experience.

I'm about to turn 28 now and the CC has shaped who I am in countless aspects. I've done my best to grow out of all the negative traits that I attributed to my experience here, but the sense of humor is still there. Random but sort of related : has anyone noticed that the word trolling has completely lost its original meaning? Based on my experience here, the concept of trolling revolves around misrepresenting oneself to get a rise out of people. That entire notion originated on NG and CC, didn't it? And has anyone found this to be somewhat of a superpower in situations where people have tried to troll you? Sorry, going off on a tangent here.

I'm not really making any sort of a point with what I'm saying. I forgot to mention that I've met some incredible people thanks to this community. You guys know you are as well. :)

And I'm not fucking Mexican, fuck off

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • Ghosts: 1
    • Newgrounds: PhantomCat
  • For winning flash of the month For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2019, 12:42:21 AM »
The fuck? Who deleted it?

unless i did it on accident, then whoops i did not mean to

VCRClock

• DING DONG
  • Administrator
    • Newgrounds: vcrclock
  • For winning flash of the month Pass The Cash Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 12:54:16 AM »

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • For winning flash of the month For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 01:11:30 AM »
you're a loose cannon

[spoiler]
but a good cop[/spoiler]

zl

• Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: ZombieLincoln
  • Undead Clock of the Year AAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 01:53:11 PM »
I've got the cc bookmarked in a folder labeled "friends"

so now you know what I think of you
<a href="http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://smallflygames.com/diary/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sigwalk.swf</a>

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
I've got the cc bookmarked in a folder labeled "friends"

so now you know what I think of you

>>>>firefox
>>>bookmarks
>>friends
>clock crew
>chaturbate
>fetlife
>fetzom
>zombiebook
>wiccan objectivist fans of sonic the hedghhog geocities web ring

PatriotClock

• Outlaw To The End
  • Official Clock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Turn Back The Clock Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Pass The Cash Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Check it:
damn that was a nostalgia trip. I like the depiction of hell with the melting clocks after he gets pulled down into the void.

itís honestly a travesty it was never submitted tbh

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »

Tell people to Dark Side of the Moon it? Little blurb at the beginning that says "Open Hotel California up in youtube or your CD player or whatever and hit play in 3... 2... 1..." then just start the original flash

RobClock

• •••• DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF ••••
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Participation in Fifen This Movie For winning flash of the month Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Pass The Cash Participant Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »

Tell people to Dark Side of the Moon it? Little blurb at the beginning that says "Open Hotel California up in youtube or your CD player or whatever and hit play in 3... 2... 1..." then just start the original flash

I suggested this in the thread for the flash you HACK FRAUD

Edit; I misunderstood what you meant and replied without re-reading. It would be nice to put t up on the CC YouTube channel at least with the music in it, maybe throw a trailer or promo for it up on Newgrounds?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:54:21 PM by RobClock »

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: GreyClock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »
That's actually pretty funny. Good idea PHANTOMCATCLOCK.

Also "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device" is a great line in Clock Crew context. Too bad nothing was done with it in favor of another goddamn stabbing.

BoltClock

• Esteemed Bolt
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: BoltClock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 1 animation
    • View Profile
    • NOVALISTIC
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
God damn, how'd I miss this?

Oh, right, because I'm one of those who haven't been back.
Latest Flash: Clock Day '18: The 'B'ee Game
Upcoming Flash:

RIP old siggy

NintendoClock

• Farted
  • OffiCial Clock
  • I just now farted
  • Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant For having submitted at least 25 animations
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »
Didn't the LL do a Hotel California collab? It was like 15 years ago or some shit but still, it's important we maintain our originality even though the LL is officially dead.