News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

A message for those hangers-on

Farted by BlackberryClock, February 02, 2019, 04:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomatoClock

blackberry if you have any of my deleted content please send it my way bud!
Solanum lycopersicum

PhantomCatClock

If you uploaded it to NewGrounds, it's still there. Go to your projects and look at the big ugly text link list there, things with asterisks next to them were removed for whatever reason, but the files are still there. SHOOT THOSE FILES OVER TO ME AND I WILL UPLOAD THEM SOMEPLACE SAFE.

SpinningCubeClock

hello

Slurpee

BlackberryClock

Quote from: TomatoClock on March 23, 2019, 04:35:24 PM
If I come across anything, I will.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 23, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
If you uploaded it to NewGrounds, it's still there. Go to your projects and look at the big ugly text link list there, things with asterisks next to them were removed for whatever reason, but the files are still there. SHOOT THOSE FILES OVER TO ME AND I WILL UPLOAD THEM SOMEPLACE SAFE.
Interesting. I have a couple movies removed, presumably due to music copyright. Is there a way to recover movies that were blammed back in the day?

BlackberryClock

Quote from: TomatoClock on March 23, 2019, 04:35:24 PM
Actually, it looks like I have several. A few I wasn't sure about. Did you do the one with "Quasi"? I thought so but couldn't remember. I'm sure about these:

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8e4ce3c814e057c0528e63625b2e5559
https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4e7e5cc9c1fe1c12a91f07c21012a4c0
https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/cab52b4095996fbaa963622a6b07c8ae

PolearmClock

Quote from: Pencil;1653541anyone else? I can\'t find many gay ezines :(

ChocolateBarClock

i was a nobody back in 2008 but maybe ice cube or billiardball10 remembers me if that boy still on here
yay a new sig
[flash]http://cyberstrike.net84.net/shoot%20ronald%20macdonald.swf width=300 height=200[/flash]
Quote from: Jack O\'Neil;1267362your uncle took a shit in your wii
Quote from: TimeBeast (IRC)
<Timebeast> i need help eating nuts

^pure unicode^

PhantomCatClock

NintendrCkolc

I dont remember you so that's all that matters.

RobClock

Quote from: ChocolateBarClock on April 24, 2019, 05:58:44 AM
i was a nobody back in 2008 but maybe ice cube or billiardball10 remembers me if that boy still on here

I had a quiet conspiracy theory that you and Pop-Tart were the same person because Pop started off fiddling with 3D models before switching to his now well established 2D pastel focused look and it seemed like you stopped posting around the time he showed up and like I've never seen the two of you in the same room together so

welcome back

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 26, 2019, 08:20:56 AM
Quote from: ChocolateBarClock on April 24, 2019, 05:58:44 AM

I had a quiet conspiracy theory that you and Pop-Tart were the same person because Pop started off fiddling with 3D models before switching to his now well established 2D pastel focused look and it seemed like you stopped posting around the time he showed up and like I've never seen the two of you in the same room together so

welcome back
Just because his name contains the word chocolate doesn't necessarily mean he's a black guy, that's racist.

Are you though? Are you a black guy?

YoYoClock

Oh hey I'm here

Only on these evenings where I find myself with absolutely nothing to do or anyone to talk to do I remember this place is still here.

I'm pretty sure everyone was horrible to each other at some point back in the day. I remember some of you (myself included) having various percieved shifts in persona, both personally towards me, and publically. It was probably all nonsense but as I kid I loved the drama of it all. So desperately did I want to be accepted by those of you I thought were cool.

Anyway I'm we're all adults now so just the relentless boot of capitalism to contend with!

I lost all of my files from 2002-2017 last year, that was a massive bummer.

by Thor + Satellite

Quote from: pop-tart clock;1905428I think yoyo is the best one.

PhantomCatClock

It's pure love, our horribleness.

If you have Flashes that were uploaded to NewGrounds but got removed from the copyright purge, you can still get them back. Images and suchâ€"no such luck. I know there were some artists who drew both of us in the same big mass post image and I have them saved because, you know, it has me in it. Could swooce through that folder, but I wouldn't have any of your forum sigs/flashes SORRY, MY MAN.

ChocolateWaferClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 04, 2019, 08:06:56 PM
I was 12 years old when I signed up on this site, I am now 24. That’s half my life come August I’ll have been posting here.

Life well spent, fren.
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

SageClock

Was just playing Clock Tournament again tonight, was like, "I should probably update this, maybe add some newer clocks in, fix a few things, make it widescreen, replace that damn Hans Zimmer song with a legal song, etc", and made me think to come back on the forums and saw this thread.

I'm almost 40 now. I don't remember how old I was when I first started participating, but Clock Legends is now 16 years old now, so I was in my early 20s. I bought a house in the Chicago suburbs last year. I have two dogs now, and I'm getting married in a few months.

I worked in the video game industry for a short while. Most notably for Yuke's, who did the WWE Smackdown vs Raw games and the first UFC games, although I worked for their short-lived American offshoot, so I didn't work on those games. I worked on a game with Yuke's Japan during their downtime between WWE games called Double D Dodgeball that came out on Xbox Live Arcade and got a bad reception (they had very little time to make the game, and we charged too much for it), then I worked on a Playstation Portable card tactics game you can still buy off Amazon called Neverland Card Battles, developed by Idea Factory, then we worked together with High Voltage Software to make Evasive Space for Wiiware, and with a developer called Beeworks for a puzzle game called NEVES Plus, and then by that point the games weren't selling well enough to keep the company going. We had a rhythm game in the works called Beat Runner for Wiiware but that got cancelled.

I also worked on a couple of mobile games for a failed startup, which I can only play on my old iPad Mini now (shame too, one of the two games is really good), and then worked at Game Refuge for awhile with two legends in the game industry, who made a bunch of classics for Midway back in the day, including Rampage, Mortal Kombat 2, and NBA Jam. I worked on a free to play facebook/mobile game during that time for a client of theirs, and the game never ended up doing that well, mostly thanks to the client being nuts and changing everything about the game every month.

I currently work for a major corporation heading up the phone systems for several call centers that run health surveys and other campaigns for major health insurance clients. You most likely have health insurance through one of them (we do something for most of them). It sounds more prestigious than it is. I still get paid the same as when I started as a senior engineer, and while our department is doing okay, our parent corporation has been doing awful (40% drop in stock after the most recent earnings meeting, yay), so bad the CEO is resigning, and they've been reducing pay and benefits for years. I need to escape but I feel directionless on where to go and what to do next, and while it's a stressful job I do work from home right now, which is nice.

I'd love to work in the video game industry again, but the whole industry seems to be a shit show of abuse right now. I'm working on some video games in what limited spare time I have instead. I kind of miss collaborating with other people on games, back in the days of Flash. That was fun.

I am trying to revive Proximity again. I found out last Christmas that my old XNA code for Proximity 2 (that I released on the Xbox 360 awhile back) actually transferred really easily to Monogame and I had a mostly working version after a single night of work. I've started working on an update I hope to get out sometime next year, with some upgrades and new features. It's come along pretty well so far, although I keep getting distracted by other crap going on in my life. Monogame supports a ton of platforms so I'm hoping to eventually get it onto a bunch of consoles and make an official desktop version, finally.

Also started getting into board game design, and I'm pretty active in those circles, at least in the Midwestern region. I go to a lot of Protospiels and try to go to Origins and Gen Con most years. I've playtested several major board games, and been credited on a few. I signed my first game with a publisher and it should be coming out late this year or early next year. I've got three more pretty solid designs that I'm going to try to sign this year, if possible. If you make it out to any board game conventions, let me know and if I'm going I'd be happy to meet up, show you what I'm working on if you're interested, or just shoot the shit.

I might finish up a book I've been writing forever in the next year or two. I might just self-publish it, since I'm already interacting a bunch with publishers in board games. I don't think I can do it for two mediums at the same time. Plus it sounds like publishing ain't what it used to be anymore in books, unless you're writing bestseller material. It's a silly novel. You guys might enjoy giving it a read.

I'm not up on any clock stuff anymore, and haven't really been paying attention for at least the past five years or so. What have I missed?

ChocolateWaferClock

Quote from: SageClock on May 16, 2019, 03:55:35 AM
Was just playing Clock Tournament again tonight, was like, "I should probably update this, maybe add some newer clocks in, fix a few things, make it widescreen, replace that damn Hans Zimmer song with a legal song, etc", and made me think to come back on the forums and saw this thread.

I'm almost 40 now. I don't remember how old I was when I first started participating, but Clock Legends is now 16 years old now, so I was in my early 20s. I bought a house in the Chicago suburbs last year. I have two dogs now, and I'm getting married in a few months.

I worked in the video game industry for a short while. Most notably for Yuke's, who did the WWE Smackdown vs Raw games and the first UFC games, although I worked for their short-lived American offshoot, so I didn't work on those games. I worked on a game with Yuke's Japan during their downtime between WWE games called Double D Dodgeball that came out on Xbox Live Arcade and got a bad reception (they had very little time to make the game, and we charged too much for it), then I worked on a Playstation Portable card tactics game you can still buy off Amazon called Neverland Card Battles, developed by Idea Factory, then we worked together with High Voltage Software to make Evasive Space for Wiiware, and with a developer called Beeworks for a puzzle game called NEVES Plus, and then by that point the games weren't selling well enough to keep the company going. We had a rhythm game in the works called Beat Runner for Wiiware but that got cancelled.

I also worked on a couple of mobile games for a failed startup, which I can only play on my old iPad Mini now (shame too, one of the two games is really good), and then worked at Game Refuge for awhile with two legends in the game industry, who made a bunch of classics for Midway back in the day, including Rampage, Mortal Kombat 2, and NBA Jam. I worked on a free to play facebook/mobile game during that time for a client of theirs, and the game never ended up doing that well, mostly thanks to the client being nuts and changing everything about the game every month.

I currently work for a major corporation heading up the phone systems for several call centers that run health surveys and other campaigns for major health insurance clients. You most likely have health insurance through one of them (we do something for most of them). It sounds more prestigious than it is. I still get paid the same as when I started as a senior engineer, and while our department is doing okay, our parent corporation has been doing awful (40% drop in stock after the most recent earnings meeting, yay), so bad the CEO is resigning, and they've been reducing pay and benefits for years. I need to escape but I feel directionless on where to go and what to do next, and while it's a stressful job I do work from home right now, which is nice.

I'd love to work in the video game industry again, but the whole industry seems to be a shit show of abuse right now. I'm working on some video games in what limited spare time I have instead. I kind of miss collaborating with other people on games, back in the days of Flash. That was fun.

I am trying to revive Proximity again. I found out last Christmas that my old XNA code for Proximity 2 (that I released on the Xbox 360 awhile back) actually transferred really easily to Monogame and I had a mostly working version after a single night of work. I've started working on an update I hope to get out sometime next year, with some upgrades and new features. It's come along pretty well so far, although I keep getting distracted by other crap going on in my life. Monogame supports a ton of platforms so I'm hoping to eventually get it onto a bunch of consoles and make an official desktop version, finally.

Also started getting into board game design, and I'm pretty active in those circles, at least in the Midwestern region. I go to a lot of Protospiels and try to go to Origins and Gen Con most years. I've playtested several major board games, and been credited on a few. I signed my first game with a publisher and it should be coming out late this year or early next year. I've got three more pretty solid designs that I'm going to try to sign this year, if possible. If you make it out to any board game conventions, let me know and if I'm going I'd be happy to meet up, show you what I'm working on if you're interested, or just shoot the shit.

I might finish up a book I've been writing forever in the next year or two. I might just self-publish it, since I'm already interacting a bunch with publishers in board games. I don't think I can do it for two mediums at the same time. Plus it sounds like publishing ain't what it used to be anymore in books, unless you're writing bestseller material. It's a silly novel. You guys might enjoy giving it a read.

I'm not up on any clock stuff anymore, and haven't really been paying attention for at least the past five years or so. What have I missed?

Me. You missed me. I’m the new dumbass on the block.
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

Slurpee

hello, my friend. we meet again!
it's been a while. where should we begin?
feels like forever

Slurpee

Quote from: SageClock on May 16, 2019, 03:55:35 AM
did you see Hhecf14rotpohiltswalc?

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644474

we haven't really done much since then, but good lord what a high note

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

We should have done a third one too, but none of us can count to three.