News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Favorite Final Fantasy?

Farted by Aleister Fawkes, February 22, 2019, 01:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleister Fawkes

"Actually I prefer Dragon Quest."
STFU >:(

Personally I enjoyed FF6 quite a bit. Kefka is a brilliantly developed character and the overall theme in the game is very powerful. Also a big fan of FF14 on the MMO side of things.

PhantomCatClock

Aleister Fawkes

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 22, 2019, 01:25:41 AM
:gl:
Y'know, that has got to be my third favorite Final Fantasy, after 1. Can't beat the originals!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

super mario rpg is the best final fantasy and every other one pales in comparison. 15 is the worst one holy shit who wrote the dialogue in that game? you can't even blame translators for that. I hate the little bastard in the plaid skirt with the cloud/chocobo hair.

Aleister Fawkes

15 is garbage from what I read online. I'll have to look into that dialogue though. I've seen translator oopsies in several animus and games, but never scripting being ultra abysmal from the source itself.

NintendrCkolc

PhantomCatClock

patriotclock

Slurpee

yeah 6 was probably my favorite

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PatriotClock on March 10, 2019, 09:14:45 PM
IX
Quote from: Slurpee on March 11, 2019, 12:04:39 AM
this is what I tend to hear. I actually do plan on playing 5 and 9 at some point. truthfully I only ever beat 1 2 and 4 (and smrpg best rpg EVER). I played a bit of 7 and 15 but got distracted midway through 7 and 15 was a beautifully rendered trainwreck. I'd like to play 7 eventually too, I always liked those prerendered backgrounds. 5 and 9 are a priority though. just behind ever other god damn 90s jrpg I still haven't played. I'll play you someday Live a Live and Parasite Eve.

RenegadeClock

I liked 9 so much I fucking quit everything after.

patriotclock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on March 13, 2019, 07:15:54 AM
Quote from: PatriotClock on March 10, 2019, 09:14:45 PM
IX
Quote from: Slurpee on March 11, 2019, 12:04:39 AM
this is what I tend to hear. I actually do plan on playing 5 and 9 at some point. truthfully I only ever beat 1 2 and 4 (and smrpg best rpg EVER). I played a bit of 7 and 15 but got distracted midway through 7 and 15 was a beautifully rendered trainwreck. I'd like to play 7 eventually too, I always liked those prerendered backgrounds. 5 and 9 are a priority though. just behind ever other god damn 90s jrpg I still haven't played. I'll play you someday Live a Live and Parasite Eve.

5 is ok but 9 is the pinaccle tbh

i liked 15 more than 13 🤷‍♂️

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

oh wait I meant 6 and 9. I never actually hear about 5 at all. all the hype I ever see goes to the ones immediately before and after it. I completely forgot about 13, yeah in retrospect that one was worse. my buddy had it and iirc it was the one where every dungeon and area is a straight line and battles are practically automatic. 15 is at least fun to play and explore.

patriotclock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on March 17, 2019, 02:27:45 PM
oh wait I meant 6 and 9. I never actually hear about 5 at all. all the hype I ever see goes to the ones immediately before and after it. I completely forgot about 13, yeah in retrospect that one was worse. my buddy had it and iirc it was the one where every dungeon and area is a straight line and battles are practically automatic. 15 is at least fun to play and explore.

ya I was gonna say 5 is v forgettable. i can talk about these games all day tbh

power ranked top 5:

X

NintendrCkolc

Lost Odyssey is the best one tbqhfam

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

fuckin loved 4. even if the main villain just sorta comes out of nowhere. I bought a 3 dollar used copy of lost odyssey after having it on my list for years and the very next day they announce a remaster. I'm not sure whether to play it or wait.

RenegadeClock

I remember when FF1 came out on NES. Played the shit outta that.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I loved the GBA version and liked the NES version, but I couldn't enjoy the psp version. the sprites were higher resolution but cheap and lifeless.

patriotclock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on March 19, 2019, 03:42:05 PM
fuckin loved 4. even if the main villain just sorta comes out of nowhere. I bought a 3 dollar used copy of lost odyssey after having it on my list for years and the very next day they announce a remaster. I'm not sure whether to play it or wait.

when did they announce a remaster?

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

damn I got confused and was talking about last remnant nevermind lol. I confuse those two games all the time.