News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Hey wow this place still exists?

Farted by ChocolateWaferClock, May 23, 2019, 10:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

Oh, that is a definition for hangers-on, isn't it? He absolutely meant lingerers, though (and was correct to use hangers-on) just in the sense that it is people still hanging on, you see.

Huh, this LAME ASS FIRST POST turned into a thread that's really making me like the CC even more than I already did.

ChocolateWaferClock

Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

BlackberryClock

Lingerers, yes. Perhaps I slightly misused the term.

You know the guy at the party who is the last to leave? He doesn't seem to get the social cues like others, so he stays well beyond what is comfortable. Often people will sense a turning point in the vibe of the party and leave en masse. For some reason he doesn't. Perhaps he wants to ask you something? Or maybe he likes you? Who knows. Now it's getting awkward, but he's still here.

That's kind of what I was thinking of.

Edit: Another literal interpretation that isn't strictly the definition is the idea of the people who "hang on" to an idea and just won't let it go. Hanging on to it well beyond its useful lifespan or relevance.

BoulderClock

Quote from: VCRClock on May 26, 2019, 06:45:06 PM
hey, but it's not all about cartoons anyway

I'm literally just keeping the lights on here because it's cheap, and I know some people still want to drink beers under dim lights, or check to see if any record of their immature high school internet activity exists (another reason people don't stay clocks forever lmao),

I appreciate this a lot VCR