News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Making Hot Garbage With Inkscape

Farted by Aleister Fawkes, February 23, 2020, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleister Fawkes

Hello. I have lots of ideas to share with you all in what I consider to be my collection of art. Most of them are me moving scribbles and circles around on a page in Inkscape until I find them pleasing to my eyes. I call this first one "Haha Very Funny". I am also curious if any of you fine folk are using Inkscape for your work. A lot of artists I enjoy looking at do not deal with vector images but use programs that have digitized brush strokes to imitate the real lifes. But let me tell you something: there is nothing more REAL. LIFES. than a mathematical equation.

Let me know if you want to see more. Also share some attempts at making vector art or vectors used in art below.

k9

hey LSD, I've never seen you around before! I'd suggest maybe using a background colour, and maybe making the waves like the red ones repeat until off page. Other than that, really cool!

PhantomCatClock

has L S DEEZ NUTS been done or is that just spam at this point and therefore unacceptable

Aleister Fawkes

Happy Birthday, PhantomCat. :(
It was originally One Step Two Step but I now call this one Happy Birthday PhantomCatClock. I believe what we call our art can also affect the perspective that is used or taken upon looking at it. All of these are self portraits btw. I also added a gray background so I'm hoping that it helps a little bit.

PhantomCatClock

You are the only Clock to remember thus far and after more research, LSDeez has already been said after your first post so it is trampled snow

I have saved this is my Clock Art Of Me folder that I really do have because I am a vain idiot, thank you (not sarcasm)

Aleister Fawkes

Some fresh garbage. I am contemplating making something similar on canvas right now with lime green for the blue but I don't know if I want a solid shape in the middle. It is so hard to imitate real brush strokes in Inkscape. This is as close as I've been able to get so far in three years of using the program. I also have the language set to Japanese because I am learning it. That may be holding my art back just a tiny bit.. lol.

Deodorant

Quote from: LSDClock on February 23, 2020, 12:55:09 PM
I am also curious if any of you fine folk are using Inkscape for your work.

I recently installed it, I watched a video were a guy scanned an ink drawing and bit map traced it into a vector, which I'm quite interested in. Flash really can't handle Bitmap tracing well, and Swivel just crashes if I go to crazy with the bitmap traces in my SWFs.

Are you using mathematical equations for this art, or was that just an expression? I do agree either way though, there is a certain beauty to vector, and I like the convenience  of being able to scale however I want without quality loss

Aleister Fawkes

It is very useful for tracing bitmaps, even up to what I consider medium quality images.

But no, other than the equations for evading my cripping anxiety, I am not using any maths for this art. It is just stored that way in the file, which I think is very cool.

By the way, here is some more. I call it Tomato Soup.