News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Writing a fantasy story/serial

Farted by Thor, May 27, 2020, 09:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

For the last month I've been writing a daily sort of fantasy litRPG slice of life thing. It's gotten fairly popular so I thought I would post it here.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31919/muds-mission
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

pop-tart

Wow, you went all in, didn't you? This is great.

k9

woah this is cool, ill give it a read if i can.

Thor

Quote from: pop-tart on May 28, 2020, 06:55:29 AM
Wow, you went all in, didn't you? This is great.
I kind of got a taste of a daily art output from the Flash Flood. Actually writing ~1300 words a day is a lot easier than making TCTO every day.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

read the first three chapters just now. so far I rate it as hot/not on the anime rpg night novel grading scale. of which every other instance of the genre is a hot/not as far as I'm aware. I was already invested in the world before mud could even move.  also these two bits were gold

Quote"Damnit, Cob. This is why I hate you." Deflating somewhat, he added "and why I take you on every job. Good work."
QuoteArriving in the kitchen, the thick one moved over to a nearby cabinet and began searching the contents. Then, to Mud's dread, it ate a cracker. A thought ripped through Mud's mind at the sight; I order you to defend my home, and my possessions. I'm sorry, Master! Forgive me! That cracker has been thoroughly destroyed. There was no recovering it now. Mud needed to act immediately before more damage could be done.

I'll definitely read the fourth in a bit here.

Thor

Thanks flounderman. The story is mostly serious but I can't help putting some comedy beats in there.

I dragged my feet on posting the story here since I know it doesn't really fit with the clock crew tone that much, being more of a turbo-nerd thing. I'm up to about ~4000 regular readers now so it's pretty fun. Less than I've gotten on my most viewed newgrounds video (Duck.fla Spin) but much more than I could hope to get on newgrounds in 2020