News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Return of the DVD Thread

Farted by LeekClock, March 21, 2006, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BilliardBall10

Quote from: PhantomCatClock;1972140So Costco has the entire run of Scooby Doo Where Are You for $40ish and it comes in a little cardboard Mystery Machine (despite being eight DVDs in a waaaaay smaller case)

:cool: hella got it.

show me pictures of it

i love the scooby-doo cartoons

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

Make me.

it's not actually a shoebox shape, you just can't see the curve head-on like that

BilliardBall10

man thats great!

great purchase phantomcat!

did u got it in ebay?

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

RobClock

My local video store, Sydney Video, has been going through some rough times these last few years- like every video store- but a recent bout of construction in my area* was the straw to break the camels back. They're having a blowout sale to clear all stock before they close at the end of the month so i swung by and picked up a couple DVDs.

- Trailer Park Boys: Seasons 1 & 2
- Super
- Hobo with a Shotgun
- Louis CK: Chewed Up
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Sucker Punch
- Extract

It was a kind of painful nostalgic feeling being in there for what was probably the last time, with all the shelves cleared out, thinking about going there when i was little renting the same goddam Robin Williams tapes every weekend, and that one N64 game about Duck Dodgers that I simply can't find any gameplay footage of. I used to dream about working there when i grew up.

Here's a picture of the place I've shamelessly taken from the 2002 film 'Marion Bridge', as though anybody really gives a shit.

it would be the place in the middle, next to the Subway.

*a bridge spanning the sydney river, that connected several suburbs to the small sydney river central area, has been torn down and is being rebuilt (very fucking slowly- they just slapped another 8 months on the estimated build time for christ sake) resulting in a general decrease of traffic to all businesses, and several closures.

RobClock

oh and i also bought these at wal-mart

- Fargo
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits
- Destroy All Monsters

BilliardBall10

Quote from: RobClock;1972526My local video store, Sydney Video, has been going through some rough times these last few years- like every video store- but a recent bout of construction in my area* was the straw to break the camels back. They're having a blowout sale to clear all stock before they close at the end of the month so i swung by and picked up a couple DVDs.

It was a kind of painful nostalgic feeling being in there for what was probably the last time, with all the shelves cleared out, thinking about going there when i was little renting the same goddam Robin Williams tapes every weekend, and that one N64 game about Duck Dodgers that I simply can't find any gameplay footage of. I used to dream about working there when i grew up.

Here's a picture of the place I've shamelessly taken from the 2002 film 'Marion Bridge', as though anybody really gives a shit.

it would be the place in the middle, next to the Subway.

wow, this is so nostalgic and sad....
i had the same experience a year ago, when my local DVD store closed, it was sad, and i felt bad about this place closing, tho i went there and took a few of the last DVD's and videogames in some good prices if i may say.
(i felt kinda like a scavenger, but hey, i had a  nice talk with the DVD-owner, and we laughed, i kinda cheered him up, if possible in such a case.)

also rob!
is this a picture from your DVD club that you took with your camera, OR it was a picture of the place shown from the movie ''marion bridge''?!

hey, if its the latter, take many pictures of the place with your own camera, dont let the memories die!

its so sad when late construction works kill local bussinesses.

Losperman

+The Wolverine (Blu-Ray)
+The Cable Guy (Blu-Ray)
+Waiting for Superman (Blu-Ray)
+Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss (DVD)

Edit:

+The Big Bang Theory: Season 6 (DVD)

Edit 2:

Candyman (DVD)

Blu-Ray

Bus Stop
Niagara
How to Marry a Millionaire
There's No Business Like Show Business
River of No Return
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
The Seven Year Itch
Some Like it Hot
The Misfits

Edit 3:

The Conjuring (Blu-Ray)
Dracula\Frankenstein\The Bride of Frankenstein\Creature from the Black Lagoon (DVD)
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Losperman

Got the last of my Black Friday/Disney Movie Club shipments in. Aw yeah.

Blu-Ray

Thor: The Dark World
Finding Nemo
Meleficent
Godzilla
The LEGO Movie
Gravity
Don Jon
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Live. Die. Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Titanic
Captain Phillips
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Orange is the New Black: Season 1
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Frankenweenie
The Lone Ranger
Wreck-It Ralph
Tangled
Breakfast at Tiffany's

DVD

American Horror Story: Asylum

Edit:

+Breaking Bad: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-Ray)
+Guardians of the Galaxy (Blu-Ray)

Edit 2:

Blu-Ray

Transcendence
Out of the Furnace
The Skeleton Twins
Gone Girl
Double Indemnity
The Runaways

DVD

To Have and Have Not
The Maltese Falcon
A Streetcar Named Desire

Losperman

Need to post more often, even if I end up being the only one.

Blu-Ray

Jurassic World
Up in the Air
To Do List
Insidious: Chapter 2

And probably some others that I don't remember at the moment.