News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

HOW TO : Improve the audio in flash (8-CS5)

Farted by screwdriver_clock, January 11, 2011, 10:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screwdriver_clock

One of the more common mistakes for the beginning flash artist is not properly optimizing audio. This causes poor audio quality and in many cases will throw the video out of sync. By optimizing audio, we can improve sound quality, as well as make sure that audio stays in sync when streaming.

Open Flash (Obviously the hardest part!)

Open the Flash File (in this case I chose "flood5.fla")

Go to File>Publish Settings (same on Macs and Windows)

As we can see from the above image, the Audio Stream is set to 16kb/s, Fast. This means Shit quality, and thats just plain shitty. What we want to do is click "Set.."

And set that to at least 32kbps and to "Best" Quality. Keep in mind this will increase the file size of your flash but if you pre-edit your sound and optimize it before hand you should have pleasant audio quality and a relatively small SWF when you go to publish.

After clicking "Ok" twice to exit the previous two context menus, save to make sure these settings stay. I could make a whole post on the merits of saving, but I'd be saving time by just saying SAVE OFTEN.

Topcatyo

Oh man, go figure I write an article minutes before you post yours.

Anyways, this is great that you're posting this, it's useful advice that improves any flash movie.

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: ScrewdriverClock;1802046After clicking "Ok" twice to exit the previous two context menus, save to make sure these settings stay. I could make a whole post on the merits of saving, but I'd be saving time by just saying SAVE OFTEN.

The trick is to keep your left hand on ctrl + s at all times.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

I put mine to 160... probably a bad idea.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

AmberArachnidClock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1802128The trick is to keep your left hand on ctrl + s at all times.

seriously, it's become like a reflex.

VuBawlsClock

Quote from: Blob;1802183I put mine to 160... probably a bad idea.
....blob...you told me 160....
Fuck anonfrog

AC Slater

Epic

BilliardBall10

Quote from: ScrewdriverClock;1802046One of the more common mistakes for the beginning flash artist is not properly optimizing audio.

As we can see from the above image, the Audio Stream is set to 16kb/s, Fast. This means Shit quality, and thats just plain shitty. What we want to do is click "Set.."

And set that to at least 32kbps and to "Best" Quality. Keep in mind this will increase the file size of your flash but if you pre-edit your sound and optimize it before hand you should have pleasant audio quality and a relatively small SWF when you go to publish.

After clicking "Ok" twice to exit the previous two context menus, save to make sure these settings stay. I could make a whole post on the merits of saving, but I'd be saving time by just saying SAVE OFTEN.

man. how should i convert my files from wma's to mp3, or wave files?
and if i do, at what settings do i upload them/convert them?

8000 hertz? or more?
17 kbits, or more?
how many bits...

help me, screwdriver, PM me.(or anyone who knows about this.)
i also did a thread in this forum about my sound/problems

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PopcornClock

[SWF=http://www.newgrounds.com/upload/projects/609000/609898/file/POPCORN_CLOCK.swf width=850 height=180]http://www.newgrounds.com/upload/projects/609000/609898/file/POPCORN_CLOCK.swf[/SWF]
Love is pooping in front of your partner so you can continue your argument.