News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Screenwriting game using Celtx

Farted by LeekClock, December 23, 2006, 05:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeekClock

If you don't already have Celtx, then I advise you first download it, and then google screenwriting, in order to learn about the conventions of screenwriting, and how to use them yourself. It's actually very easy, and Celtx will do all the tedious formatting work for you.

This is a game to help people to get acquainted with Celtx screenwriting software. It's free, and it's easy to use.

How to play:
Download script. Add a scene. Upload script.

A cool thing about Celtx is that it lets us all work on the same script. I have uploaded a stub of a script that I have named Gone Fishin', to the Celtx server. All you have to do is:
  • Open Celtx
  • Select "download project"
  • Wait for the projects to load
  • Sort by name
  • Find Gone Fishin'
  • Load it, click close on the dialog box once it's loaded.
Then add a scene to the practice script, and upload your changed script. Post here after you've updated the script (to let us know that it's changed). We'll take it in turns (that means, wait until at least one person has added something new, before adding a further piece of your own).

Eventually we will end up with one very strange, but possibly interesting/amusing script. The main thing is just that we practice using Celtx.

WHITE_PLUM

I keep pressing log in and nothing comes up

LeekClock

Quote from: NortonInternetSecurity;623730I keep pressing log in and nothing comes up

Maybe the dialog box is hidden behind some other window. Try minimizing everything but Celtx.

And, are you using the latest version of Celtx (not that that should have any effect on your ability to log in)?

WHITE_PLUM

I can log in through my web browser,but the log in button through celtx isn't working.

SensuClock

Wo, this seems really cool, im downloading now.

EDIT: Damnit, it wont open.

AmberArachnidClock

Topcatyo

I'ma get in on this after I get home... which is in about 10 days :(

Orangina Clock

I downloaded, extracted and everything seemed to be working fine. I clicked on it a bunch of times and it loads then nothing comes up, the damn thing wont open!
Quote from: BluezombieClock;1516321Oh yeah, you\'re so right. I really don\'t know what to say! That\'s why I got four girls\' phone numbers yesterday, right?
PS: Also, 5 hours of intense frenching ftw

LeekClock

Quote from: Orangina;623883I downloaded, extracted and everything seemed to be working fine. I clicked on it a bunch of times and it loads then nothing comes up, the damn thing wont open!

Were you logged in as clockcrew, and did you click "close" after it loaded?

VCRClock

I put in a part, and added little Notes to show where my bit started and ended.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

AmberArachnidClock

I'm gonna download it again
EDIT: done

The Spoiler

I added to it, put notes for beginning and end of my part.

AmberArachnidClock

by the way, nice strangeclock joke, whoever put that on there.

SpriteRemixClock

I added a short cliche'd dialogue between OrangeClock and PineappleClock discussing the previously mentioned thing that defies the laws of physics.

Slurpee

This is an amazing program and thank you for introducing me to it. I already knew about screenplay writing but I used to have to format everything manually.

I added a scene. I wanted to add more scenes, but I didn't.

Steve

salmonberryclock

Added a slightly lame scene between Pineapple and Carmelapple
Quote from: Chaotic Silly Putty;1669531All I ever eat are big cocks.

SpriteRemixClock

Added a scene where GreyClock meets his demise MWAHAHAHAHA

salmonberryclock

added a little. This is a great way to kill time.
Quote from: Chaotic Silly Putty;1669531All I ever eat are big cocks.

Amp

I added a bit of eggcup walking home.